PDA

View Full Version : Y61 is being dropped by Nissan.

Robo
26th April 2016, 01:31 PM
So all good things must come to an end it seems.:jawdrop:
Literately sold millions & then stops selling them !!.
when stocks sell out in AU thats it, there all gone.
RIP GU.
Hope this means V8 diesel Y62 coming ASAP.

DX grunt
26th April 2016, 01:43 PM
I read that too. Do I just add another couple of zeros to the cost of mine if I ever sell it?

nissannewby
26th April 2016, 01:45 PM
Apparently, like the GQ, it is only being canned by Nissan australia. The Y61 will still be manufactured but not sold in Australia.

threedogs
26th April 2016, 03:07 PM
I saw a weird looking Patrol on the news story of that child abduction over seas
Typical UN job very plain but definitely a GU

Robo
27th April 2016, 01:40 AM
Apparently, like the GQ, it is only being canned by Nissan australia. The Y61 will still be manufactured but not sold in Australia.

Is that due to the fact they are having trouble selling many (way more expensive) V8 petrol Y62's
humm, what are they up to?????

Hodge
27th April 2016, 07:26 AM
Is that due to the fact they are having trouble selling many (way more expensive) V8 petrol Y62's
humm, what are they up to?????
The 3l doesn't meet the new emission laws that are kicking in. And Nissan doesn't have a alternative engine to put into the y61 .

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Robo
27th April 2016, 11:21 AM
The 3l doesn't meet the new emission laws that are kicking in. And Nissan doesn't have a alternative engine to put into the y61 .

Here's their chance to do what every other car manufacture is doing, look elsewhere.
How many years has the AU market ( probably the world over) been calling for something better than the 3 ltr motor.

Hodge
27th April 2016, 12:33 PM
I believe it's too late for that. If they haven't conjured up something for now my thoughts are it's game over for the patrol .
Hope I'm wrong.

rusty_nail
27th April 2016, 12:45 PM
Here's their chance to do what every other car manufacture is doing, look elsewhere.
How many years has the AU market ( probably the world over) been calling for something better than the 3 ltr motor.

i think were just too small a market to warrant all that R&D

Bulbous
27th April 2016, 02:30 PM
i think were just too small a market to warrant all that R&D

Exactly. You want the diesel, but you are also one of a minority of countries that want RHD on your cars.

Yendor
27th April 2016, 06:55 PM
I read that too. Do I just add another couple of zeros to the cost of mine if I ever sell it?

I would think, if you wanted to sell it now would be the time.

For the Nissan die hards the Y62 has come down in price and at this stage seems reliable and the second hand market is very tempting.

At the moment the cashed up Y61 buyers might be interested in the Y61 with a TD42 but finance buyers seem to be having trouble getting finance for a vehicle of this age.

Robo
28th April 2016, 11:21 AM
Nissan + Japan = RHD, so it's only the motor.

the evil twin
28th April 2016, 01:24 PM
I would think, if you wanted to sell it now would be the time.

For the Nissan die hards the Y62 has come down in price and at this stage seems reliable and the second hand market is very tempting.

At the moment the cashed up Y61 buyers might be interested in the Y61 with a TD42 but finance buyers seem to be having trouble getting finance for a vehicle of this age.

Absolutely agree.
Over 10 years old, shitty NCAP, overpriced as far as bean counters care, all mean the majority of main stream lenders won't do secured loans on the TD42 variants.
Cash is King.

taslucas
28th April 2016, 07:58 PM
Nissan + Japan = RHD, so it's only the motor.
I'd say it's more the markets they sell in not the country they come from?

>>>tappin from tassie

Robo
30th April 2016, 03:29 PM
Putting it down to cost only, given the gfc is still on going.
That being said, the world in general has been calling for progressively cleaner engines over an extended period now.