PDA

View Full Version : 4 Terrain clutches

Winnie
22nd April 2016, 04:46 PM
Hi all,

My gearbox is coming out tomorrow for unrelated reasons, but while it's out we are going to check how much the clutch has left in it. If not so much then a new one will be going in.
My mechanic has a 4 Terrain clutch and will do me a good deal on it, I am not far off a 12mm fuel pump and more boost. I estimate roughly 160kW once done.
Are the 4 Terrain clutches up to the task?

Thanks in advance.

gubigfish
22nd April 2016, 06:02 PM
Would you not be better off putting in a UFI clutch so at least if you decide to go the whole hog you know that's already done? Otherwise you might put this 4 terrain clutch in now and have to change it later.

Hodge
22nd April 2016, 06:03 PM
Hi all,

My gearbox is coming out tomorrow for unrelated reasons, but while it's out we are going to check how much the clutch has left in it. If not so much then a new one will be going in.
My mechanic has a 4 Terrain clutch and will do me a good deal on it, I am not far off a 12mm fuel pump and more boost. I estimate roughly 160kW once done.
Are the 4 Terrain clutches up to the task?

Thanks in advance.

I'll let you know once it's in.
I done some research and all positive stuff, which is why I got it off Mudski as he didn't need it.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66443&stc=1

Ben-e-boy
22nd April 2016, 06:26 PM
Mine held up at 759Nm. Didnt hold up after the build though, even with a 0.5 step on the flywheel. It flaired in 3rd at half throttle

Winnie
22nd April 2016, 06:33 PM
Mine held up at 759Nm. Didnt hold up after the build though, even with a 0.5 step on the flywheel. It flaired in 3rd at half throttle
Thanks mate, it should be fine for me then.

mudski
22nd April 2016, 09:00 PM
Im running a 4terrain now mate with no issues.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Bloodyaussie
22nd April 2016, 09:09 PM
I have one also....

nissannewby
22nd April 2016, 09:11 PM
Thanks mate, it should be fine for me then.

Maybe :)...