PDA

View Full Version : URGENT...12v power - crashed

DX grunt
22nd April 2016, 08:39 AM
Hi.

For whatever reason, the 12v power set up that came with the Telstra Pod setup, has crashed. :mad:

Can't use my fridge or plug anything else into it.:mad:

Both fuses have been checked and are OK.

Are there any other inline fuses, etc that I need to check.

I'm at a loss and any assistance would be appreciated.

Spewing this weekend I have to fill my fridge up with ice and use it as an esky.

TIA.

Rossco

threedogs
22nd April 2016, 08:46 AM
If you have an Engel there is a fuse at the back where you plug the lead in

DX grunt
22nd April 2016, 08:58 AM
If you have an Engel there is a fuse at the back where you plug the lead in

No Engel. Have an Evakool. The 12v set up is hooked up to the hot/cold water sink and that doesn't work, neither does the LED lighting in the pod, which I assume, was wired up to that.

It worked a few days ago, then just died for some unknown reason.

BigRAWesty
22nd April 2016, 09:04 AM
No broken wire etc off the back of the battery terminal due to vibrations

DX grunt
22nd April 2016, 09:10 AM
No broken wire etc off the back of the battery terminal due to vibrations

Will get my young bloke to check. Thanks.

macca
22nd April 2016, 09:19 AM
Battery isolator failed or cable fallen off? Check both ends and voltage sensitive controller if it is seperate.
Assuming aux battery is flat, is it at no volts as in open circuit? Maybe it is cactus.
Does the rear supply work when the engine is running?
Scratching my head for you.

Winnie
22nd April 2016, 09:22 AM
Does it work when the engine is running?

MudRunnerTD
22nd April 2016, 09:23 AM
Earth strap on the Aux battery is loose. Everything is dead. I bet it's an Earth issue for sure.

MudRunnerTD
22nd April 2016, 09:27 AM
Your problem will be in the engine bay at the pointy end of your system and circuit. Start at the battery. Then the isolator. It will be before the first split in the system if it is a system wide failure.

DX grunt
22nd April 2016, 10:01 AM
Thanks guys. Will look at it over the weekend.

Rossco

the evil twin
22nd April 2016, 10:38 AM
Ring 1800 730 062...
Follow the prompts...
When a Telstra Human Ranjit, Guptar or whoever, (don't fall for the Anglo psuedonyms) finally answers tell them
"The Telstra Pod on my Ute has no power"

Won't help you solve the issue but will drive the Calcutta Call Centre batshit crazy trying to find the right script... so that will be at least one we get back on them rrseholes

lucus30
22nd April 2016, 11:13 AM
Ring 1800 730 062...
Follow the prompts...
When a Telstra Human Ranjit, Guptar or whoever, (don't fall for the Anglo psuedonyms) finally answers tell them
"The Telstra Pod on my Ute has now power"

Won't help you solve the issue but will drive the Calcutta Call Centre batshit crazy trying to find the right script... so that will be at least one we get back on them rrseholes

This I would like to see/hear

But back to the fault work your way from front to back with a multi meter or test light until you go from 12v to no 12v and you've found your break

threedogs
22nd April 2016, 11:20 AM
Just by say everything has no power Im inclined to think something in the engine bay
Have you done any major work lately? or installed anything new?

Touses
22nd April 2016, 11:38 AM
Given that telstra has probably over designed the system is it possible there is a fusible link in the loom?

DX grunt
22nd April 2016, 02:45 PM
Have you done any major work lately? or installed anything new?

That is an understatement. lol.

It was working fine, then I noticed the CB radios in the roof console started beeping for no reason, then that day or the next day, I noticed the dead 12v panel.

Our local Nissan dealer services the Telstra trucks, so I might have to cut my losses and take it to them, but I'll check out what everybody else has written.

Woof
22nd April 2016, 02:57 PM
You have not been checking the oil level again mate.........lol

the evil twin
22nd April 2016, 04:07 PM
You have not been checking the oil level again mate.........lol

Hehehehe... had an image of Rossco taking off the caps on his batteries and looking for a dipstick flash thru my brain when i read that.

I reckon there will be a Maxi Fuse/CB or somesuch in there Ross.
Nissan will know, if not, maybe Kim or one of the others will be able to help when you meet up...

If you spot a Telstra Techy driving around before the trip pull him over and ask. I bet they have zapped the systems in their trucks more often than you.