PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter 05 GU 3.0Di

shaun100
15th April 2016, 09:59 AM
Hi Guys,

I have been reading up about the fuel filter on the above. However getting varied responses.

Is there an aftermarket complete unit to replace the factory setup, or is the factory unit OK as long as filters are changed regularly.

This is my first diesel, so Im concerned about poor fuel and its consequenses etc.

Thanks

Cuppa
15th April 2016, 10:24 AM
What are your concerns about the existing filter?

shaun100
15th April 2016, 10:46 AM
No concerns, just asking if factory setup is OK, if not is there a replacement for it? IM led to believe that another inline unit reduces fuel pressure too much. Also, I seriously lack space to put another one, with dual batts, and LPG setup under hood. Cheers

4bye4
15th April 2016, 12:11 PM
Hi Guys,

I have been reading up about the fuel filter on the above. However getting varied responses.

Is there an aftermarket complete unit to replace the factory setup, or is the factory unit OK as long as filters are changed regularly.

This is my first diesel, so Im concerned about poor fuel and its consequenses etc.

Thanks

The factory one is Ok unless you are going to spend a lot of outback time and you suspect you may be getting contaminated fuel.

Col.T
16th April 2016, 07:52 PM
G'day Shaun,
Standard is O.K. I believe ( and that's over about 500K in GQ and GU models) with some pretty remote loads. However, if you're being loaded up with s**t fuel, it maybe could get iffy but even then the warning light SHOULD come on.
The earlier GQ's were easy to drain etc. while the later ones are a pain in the a**e.
Reckon I wouldn't worry too much. Just carry a spare filter and trust Mr. Nissan's warning light.
Luck,
Col.