PDA

View Full Version : noisy belt/pulleys 2003 zd30 3.0

markstevo
13th April 2016, 01:05 PM
Hi, I have a 2003 zd30 I have had the squeal from the fan/serpentine belt, replaced belt with new one and noise still there so thinking it is probably bearing on tensioner or air con as noise only there when aircon running. I want to go get bearings to fix them but was wondering if anybody had part numbers for bearings as dont want to pull car apart incase they dont have bearings in stock and then have to put old bearings back in until new ones arrive any help would be appreciated

rusty_nail
13th April 2016, 01:16 PM
Hi, I have a 2003 zd30 I have had the squeal from the fan/serpentine belt, replaced belt with new one and noise still there so thinking it is probably bearing on tensioner or air con as noise only there when aircon running. I want to go get bearings to fix them but was wondering if anybody had part numbers for bearings as dont want to pull car apart incase they dont have bearings in stock and then have to put old bearings back in until new ones arrive any help would be appreciated

which belt did you use mate? unless you have a genuine or gates belt it will more than likely still squeal

markstevo
13th April 2016, 01:23 PM
No idea the old owner had it and supplied it to me when I bought the car over a year ago it was a new belt so I put it on

rusty_nail
13th April 2016, 01:38 PM
No idea the old owner had it and supplied it to me when I bought the car over a year ago it was a new belt so I put it on

how do you know it was new? was it in packaging? there should have been some printing on the back of the belt?

markstevo
13th April 2016, 01:43 PM
Yeah it was still in packaging I threw packaging away when I put belt on a few weeks ago so no idea what brand or anything now

rusty_nail
13th April 2016, 01:52 PM
Yeah it was still in packaging I threw packaging away when I put belt on a few weeks ago so no idea what brand or anything now

like i said before lol, have a look on the back of the belt, it will be marked =P

markstevo
13th April 2016, 02:13 PM
Its a gates belt Micro V

markstevo
13th April 2016, 02:57 PM
I took it all apart and tensioner was loose a bit I think was flogged out a bit so tightened up and not a sound anymore I am a bit cautious of tensioner now as might be on last legs I see there is a gates belt and tensioner on ebay for $100 might grab that and put on for peace of mind. Opinions on gates belt and tensioner or go original

mudski
13th April 2016, 03:13 PM
I took it all apart and tensioner was loose a bit I think was flogged out a bit so tightened up and not a sound anymore I am a bit cautious of tensioner now as might be on last legs I see there is a gates belt and tensioner on ebay for $100 might grab that and put on for peace of mind. Opinions on gates belt and tensioner or go original

If the tensioner is Gates branded you should be fine. Last time I looked at Gates tensioners, when they first did them about three years ago, they were dearer than OEM. Looks like they are back on track. The real cheap aftermarket tensioners I would be wary of, they wont last long. Get a new tensioner, and put a new bearing in the old one and throw it under your seat. With the old belt. Because if this belt or tensioner goes, your car wont be.

threedogs
13th April 2016, 04:09 PM
The bearing your after is a NTN-WC 8703 any bearing place
will sort you out if you give them that number

Sir Roofy
13th April 2016, 05:02 PM
The bearing your after is a NTN-WC 8703 any bearing place
will sort you out if you give them that number

wow you haven't forgot that number I gave you mate we can thank
yellowfoot for that one

threedogs
13th April 2016, 05:40 PM
wow you haven't forgot that number I gave you mate we can thank
yellowfoot for that one

I put it in my phone,,,,, Chaz is great been talking to him these last fews days
sounds like a great bloke too

BigRAWesty
13th April 2016, 08:12 PM
If the tensioner is Gates branded you should be fine. Last time I looked at Gates tensioners, when they first did them about three years ago, they were dearer than OEM. Looks like they are back on track. The real cheap aftermarket tensioners I would be wary of, they wont last long. Get a new tensioner, and put a new bearing in the old one and throw it under your seat. With the old belt. Because if this belt or tensioner goes, your car wont be.
So you reckon the gates stuff is pretty good.?

Rang patrol a part today..
$280 Inc for a genuine..

mudski
13th April 2016, 08:27 PM
So you reckon the gates stuff is pretty good.?

Rang patrol a part today..
$280 Inc for a genuine..
Gates belts and hoses are top notch. Havent used their Zd tensioners though. Sold tonnes of their truck and bus ones years ago...
would be interesting to see a Gates tensioner.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk