PDA

View Full Version : Uber. Ride sharing

BigRAWesty
13th April 2016, 06:55 AM
So it's slowly covering Australia, it becomes legal in SA in the new financial year..

So have any of you guys used it?
Do you rate it??

I haven't used it but I like the idea of the review setup of both clients and drivers..
If your a shit driver, you'll get no work..

lucus30
13th April 2016, 08:40 AM
Yeah mate use it all the time. Love it so much better service than taxis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clunk
13th April 2016, 10:06 AM
Just be aware of Uber's "Surge Pricing", that can sting badly

BigRAWesty
13th April 2016, 10:10 AM
Just be aware of Uber's "Surge Pricing", that can sting badly
I'll have to read up on that

GeeYou8
13th April 2016, 08:50 PM
They multiply the fare 9x on new years
Graham

Hodge
13th April 2016, 09:00 PM
First and only time we used one, mate rang one up and the bloke brought us HJs on the way to come get us ! Champion! lol

Maxhead
13th April 2016, 09:19 PM
First and only time we used one, mate rang one up and the bloke brought us HJs on the way to come get us ! Champion! lol

what a Holden HJ?

mudski
13th April 2016, 09:20 PM
what a Holden HJ?
No. Some call them bj's....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Maxhead
13th April 2016, 09:23 PM
No. Some call them bj's....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Ok, bit slow today, fark they must be keen.
I suppose years ago you used to call a pizza and get a box delivered if you wanted:)

jack
13th April 2016, 10:00 PM
Kids have been using them for about three years both in Melb and overseas. They won't go back to taxis.
Tried them once and totally agree, clean, on time, supplied mints, cold water and offered to charge phones if required. Also wanted to know if we wanted to play our own music or select a local station.
The surge pricing is to get more cars into the area and our price went from $48 to $18 within 10 mins while we waited at the train station. This made Uber a no brainer as a taxi would have been about $35 if we could get one.

BigRAWesty
13th April 2016, 10:06 PM
Is anyone a driver?? Or all passengers so far?

Jonesy_sa
13th April 2016, 11:02 PM
I've used them in Europe and similar services and other states of Aus (not legal in SA :-)) In short I love it. I have known a few drivers. There is various rules you must comply with similar to cabs.

BigRAWesty
14th April 2016, 07:00 AM
I've used them in Europe and similar services and other states of Aus (not legal in SA :-)) In short I love it. I have known a few drivers. There is various rules you must comply with similar to cabs.
Sa is live July 1st.

NP99
14th April 2016, 10:44 AM
And the speak English

nissannewby
14th April 2016, 11:01 AM
And the speak English

Where have you been old mate?

rusty_nail
14th April 2016, 11:12 AM
yeah ive used them a couple of times. one problem though, i ordered one once, the bloke never showed and i got charged for a fare. when i queried it with uber (which is a really convoluted process) they worked out from my phone tracking and his that i definitely didnt get in the uber and old mate had just picked up someone else up mistakenly thinking it was me.

they are cheaper and much easier than a taxi tho, for example, i was at rugby, and wanted to goto the bottle-o. the bloke picked me up waited outside for me while i got some booze and then took me back to rugby and it cost me $9.50, it would have been at least a $20 cab fare i reckon.

taslucas
14th April 2016, 11:26 AM
They aren't around here yet. It's funny seeing all the messages pop up on Facebook around 2 am on a Saturday though..."who's dessing?" , "maccas run for $$$?" lol

>>>tappin from tassie

threedogs
14th April 2016, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE it cost me $9.50, it would have been at least a $20 cab fare i reckon.[/QUOTE]

costs about $20 just to get into a Taxi these days lol hopefully my 50% off card comes pretty soon,
Usually $50 just to get to the hospital, I now have my local taxi drivers number, he must do
off line jobs. Maybe its worth using Uber well at least once to see the savings.
Go figure my computer doesn't even recognize Uber as a word yet, lol

NP99
14th April 2016, 03:19 PM
Been off the radar for some time Mat. Now living in Broadford Victoria :-)

threedogs
14th April 2016, 03:21 PM

Just up the road and very close to Tallarook to hits some tracks
welcome back.

NP99
14th April 2016, 03:34 PM
Just had the roadworthy done for interstate transfer. Looks like I'll be working on the gu for some time to get it ready :-)

mudski
16th April 2016, 01:53 PM

Its pronounce Brorfed. You'll get the lingo after a while of living there.
And welcome back too bud.

taslucas
16th April 2016, 02:09 PM
Broady lyf fo shizzz

>>>tappin from tassie

mudski
16th April 2016, 03:08 PM
Broady lyf fo shizzz

>>>tappin from tassie

Broady is the good old Broadmeadows. Right next door to the bustling suburb of Jacana. Same as Millparkistan, but with a different breed. Lol.

Hodge
16th April 2016, 03:21 PM
Broady is the good old Broadmeadows. Right next door to the bustling suburb of Jacana. Same as Millparkistan, but with a different breed. Lol.

And don't forget the scenic house commission Dallas ... right next door!

taslucas
16th April 2016, 03:43 PM
George has moved to Broadford so I wind him up calling it broady lol

And don't forget the scenic house commission Dallas ... right next door!

>>>tappin from tassie

Woof
16th April 2016, 06:26 PM
There is another new one that has just started in Perth it is called Shofer

Throbbinhood
18th April 2016, 11:47 AM
Have only used Uber once but much prefer it.. Have had some unfortunate run ins with the taxi service..

Booked a cab the night before to take me to the airport, 4.30am pickup.. 5am, still no cab.. Called the company, 'oh we don't have a driver servicing your area at the moment'... Then why take the booking? Plus, it was only Berwick, not Bairnsdale!!! Very angry after that!

Then also had a psycho cabbie driving a maxi who we caught trying to charge us triple after a night on the turps. After calling him out on it, he flipped his shit, started running red lights etc. We tried to get out at one point, he floored it and sent the girls in the back flying.. I ended up throwing his thing in park and restraining him until everyone got out. Police were called but never came, he followed us back to our place (we walked the rest of the way) and hung around for a while before eventually pissing off. Wanker.