PDA

View Full Version : BMW M57 3.0D conversion?

Jonesy_sa
12th April 2016, 08:08 PM
Hi guys
Lots of YouTube videos and pictures of polish Patrols with this engine. Has anyone seen one in RHD?
It looks like the engine leans over to where our steering box sits. Plus with the turbo and exhaust on the same side I'm curious if it even would fit.
What do people know about this swap?

Deevo
13th April 2016, 07:44 AM
There was a guy on another forum doing this swap in Brisbane. He was excitedly keeping everyone posted with his progress which went on for some weeks. When he appeared to be close to finishing, he dropped off the radar. At least one guy asked what became of him but I don't think he ever got back to the forum. He's out there somewhere and he seemed to know what he was doing.

Jonesy_sa
13th April 2016, 08:18 AM
Could you provide a link? I found a similar post but he only got as far as ordering an engine.

Deevo
14th April 2016, 06:47 PM
It's probably the same thread I was reading. He went by the handle of logie74 and was in Brisbane. He ordered the engine and was tracking it and claimed it had arrived in Sydney and was on its way up to Brisbane and then nothing more was heard of him.
You could visit the other Patrol forum, do a search (logie74) and PM him - he may reply! I wondered if the conversion didn't end up being that good and was terminated and now he doesn't want to talk about. Until he replies, we'll never know.

Irish
14th April 2016, 10:23 PM
Problem with a conversion like that is if you break something out in the middle of woop woop I can't see many places having BM stuff on the shelf.

MudRunnerTD
14th April 2016, 11:18 PM
Problem with a conversion like that is if you break something out in the middle of woop woop I can't see many places having BM stuff on the shelf.

Yeah I agree. In Europe the BMW and that engine would be the equivalent of putting an LS motor in a Patrol here. The LS are a dime a dozen here.