PDA

View Full Version : Rust protection

Tassie4wder
12th April 2016, 07:33 AM
It has probly been talked about heaps on this site but I can't find it. Has anyone used the Eastwood internal frame coating, is it worth it to protect and kill any existing rust inside the chassis rail or should I just put an electronic rust protection unit on my patrol.

GeeYou8
12th April 2016, 08:12 AM
I thought that the electronic rust protection was all snake oil, there is a thread here somewhere with some links to consumer protection.
Graham

BigRAWesty
12th April 2016, 08:09 PM
Yep.. electronic rust protection I'm pretty sure has been placed along side the women's operating manual...

jack
12th April 2016, 08:44 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?36591-Electronic-Rust-Prevention-banned-from-sale-in-WA&highlight=rust+protection

Here you go

Tassie4wder
13th April 2016, 07:13 AM
Wow thank you Apollofish I had never read anything like that about those units. So what's the recommendation for rust protection, is it just the good old lanotec

Kimbo63
13th April 2016, 09:28 AM
Good option here for rust protection I went down this parth good Aussie product

http://www.kbs-coatings.com.au/

Tassie4wder
13th April 2016, 10:39 AM
Looks like a good product and its Australian. The reason I am wanting to protect the inside of the chassis is I brought a 2006 gu flat tray from a car yard in Sydney. It looked really good and solid then I got it home and pulled the bull bar off to fit a winch. I found rust in the chassis rail, to the extent of pushing my thumb through it. The chassis was stuffed. Long story short I got my money back on the car (thank god) shortly after I have purchased one in qld this time I went over it with a fine tooth comb. This is a car that I will have for a long time so I would like to look after it and protect it as good as I can, hence wanting to protect it as best as possible from rust. Maybe I am going overboard with it but I would rather be safe than sorry