PDA

View Full Version : New Member Intro

sjmjwest
8th April 2016, 12:44 AM
Hi All

Had my first Patrol in 97 with a petrol/gas GQ that went for 320k and then I sold it to someone in my small town who was still driving it 3-4 yrs later so it may have got to 500K by then because it was in the NT so everything was a drive.

Then I had a work 4wd for a while and then I bought my current drive, a GU Y61 TB4.2 ST Wagon in 2010, which was 5yrs old and had only done a genuine 15K. It now has 186K and has been to lots of far away places - love that car.

Since 2010 I have put in a suspension upgrade with two inch lift, air bags for towing the Kimberley Karavan - went to Cape York and up the Old Telegraph and never missed a beat, home made draw set including fridge slide with deep cycle battery and DC to DC battery charger, Anderson plug to rear, winch upgrade from 9500lb to 12,500lb and battery upgrade and replaced the battery isolator, Lightforce driving lights and now HID's and about to get a light bar, full length roof rack, I ripped the rear bumper off twice in the same creek crossing over the course of a weekend, so a dual wheel carrier to replace that, UHF, high lift jack and shovel carrier on the side of the roof rack and an awning on the passenger side.

Just today I picked it up after having the rear diff LSD pack replaced with the large set after the small set started eating itself - that hurt the bank balance - so looking fwd to getting out there again.

That should set the scene as an intro.

Thanks

Steve

Touses
8th April 2016, 08:04 AM
Hi Steve. Excellent intro, very informative. Got any pics of tour travels? We love piccies! Welcome!

4bye4
8th April 2016, 08:53 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir Roofy
8th April 2016, 11:16 AM
Welcome aboard Steve good write up as well thank you

threedogs
8th April 2016, 11:30 AM
Hello Steve great intro, anyway jump in anytime
and ask anything you like and most of all enjoy

Kimbo63