PDA

View Full Version : United Fuel Injection Pricing

shaun100
6th April 2016, 10:11 PM
Hi All,

Spoke to the above today and they said it will cost $550 for them to supply, install and setup a dawes and needle and egr blank.

I unfortunately dont have the knowhow to do it, so I thinking this is probably my best option.

Thoughts??

Thanks

4bye4
6th April 2016, 10:20 PM
Hi All,

Spoke to the above today and they said it will cost $550 for them to supply, install and setup a dawes and needle and egr blank.

I unfortunately dont have the knowhow to do it, so I thinking this is probably my best option.

Thoughts??

Thanks

Two of our club members (Western Patrol) have had it done by them and are very pleased. Interestingly $550 was the price paid by one of our guys in December 2015. Good to see that they haven't pushed the price up at the start of the year. Might end up getting mine done there as I keep running out of time.

shaun100
6th April 2016, 10:28 PM
Yep, Thats what it comes down to unfortunately....Bloody time......and knowhow...LOL

threedogs
7th April 2016, 11:29 AM
Hi All,

Thoughts??

Thanks

What do you get for $550 seems a bit high when my Dawes valve from the states. for $35
and the needle valve was $80 from south Aust posted and $15 for an EGR plate thats $130 whats the rest of the money for.
Give Mudski a PM about your needs he will have everthing you need. Wow $550
Marks gear comes with a great set of instructions, if you are familiar with whats what
under the bonnet then you should be right , $550 geez you can by the intercooler as well for that price
EGR plate will take 5 min of your time
Those prices were over 5 years ago now
If you get stuck Im sure someone can walk you through it

AGman
7th April 2016, 12:53 PM
No offense 3Dogs, but the rest of the money is for rent, staff, Workcover, payroll tax, tools and service aids and a thousand other things before the owner is allowed to take his/her cut. I reckon the price is pretty reasonable even if the vehicle was only there for an hour...which it wont be.

Clunk
7th April 2016, 01:14 PM
Yep, a shop's got to make a living too

Hodge
7th April 2016, 01:14 PM
The 550 may also include them throwing it on the dyno to tune the boost properly and that's not cheap.
When I was setting up my boost stuff on the crd 4x4 solutions quoted me 500 drive in drive out.
Ended up having Mudski giving me a hand and it came up great .

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

threedogs
7th April 2016, 01:23 PM
The 550 may also include them throwing it on the dyno to tune the boost properly and that's not cheap.
When I was setting up my boost stuff on the crd 4x4 solutions quoted me 500 drive in drive out.
Ended up having Mudski giving me a hand and it came up great .

Dyno is only $150 isnt it.
someone will be drinking their drinks with umbrellas in them very soon

Hodge
7th April 2016, 01:23 PM
Dyno is only $150 isnt it.
someone will be drinking their drinks with umbrellas in them very soon
And then some ... depends on the time too .

AGman
7th April 2016, 02:28 PM
I that price includes a dyno tune then I'd be surprised if the business was making anything..

4bye4
7th April 2016, 02:38 PM
A few guys from the club have used these guys and have only good things to say. As clunk said the shops got to make a living too, and also back up what they have done. From what I have heard when you pick up you truck, it is tuned and running and no codes, limps etc. If it does have a problem I have heard of they stand by there product and fix it. You just have to pay for good service, much in all as we don't want to. You get what you pay for.

Stropp
7th April 2016, 05:54 PM
yep and a dyno is $325 :)

GeeYou8
8th April 2016, 08:11 AM
A workmate had his done there, also got a catch can, after a while it lost some power & they put it on the dyno & adjusted it no questions asked. Also handy, just around the corner from work.
Graham

mudski
8th April 2016, 10:14 PM
Hi All,

Thoughts??

Thanks
Fcuk me. Maybe i should start installing these again. Not bad coin for two hours work.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

shaun100
19th April 2016, 09:09 PM
I have decided not to go to UFI - YET!!

Im trying to find someone that could help me install and setup over a few beers.

Dollars are precious these days.....

Makka
20th April 2016, 07:49 PM
I agree shops have to cover costs it is ok for back yarders (no offence) to say oh man that is expensive ......

just work out the cost of labour insurances and all the rest ... 180 in parts you say 325 on dyno some one else sez 525 ........ even at the other price 0f 150 330 befor labour and warrenty .....

gee there buying a a boat with that coin right there eh for the kid to play with in the bath

Ryank
25th April 2016, 08:38 AM
sounds rather cheap

MB
8th April 2024, 10:07 PM
Apologies Team NP.com.au for an old thread drag up out of our depths [emoji23]
Was the only one I could find here tonight to Genuinely Commend UFI (United Fuel Injection- WA) on their professionalism personally experienced of late [emoji106][emoji106]
Long story short, bought a UFI beautiful complete TD42 kit: 11mm pump/deliberate choice of high mount manifold /18g turbo to complete my Tassie $1,000 & $10,000 tracks bucket lists [emoji3590][emoji3590]
Working with their Tech-Team Legends as to possibly how some silt may have snuck inside their fresh turbo with my best OCD submarine thought Nuffy efforts [emoji51]

https://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2024/04/142.jpg

It’s looking very much like my own choice found back at home tonight upon further inspection of clamp choice (buckle) between airbox and turbo [emoji51]

https://youtu.be/gGwcH_vk0fE?feature=shared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeeBee
9th April 2024, 10:24 AM
@MB, have a look at these clamps as an alternative. The unit you used is heavy duty for sure, the link below has a distinct difference in that it has a spring effect that compensates for the compression of the rubber over time, so as the rubber get permanent set after being compressed with many cycles of heat and cold and the constant pressure, it will lose its elasticity and become just like a hard gasket. Maybe this is whats happened? These clamps have the spring tension around the outer and keep applying pressure regardless of the diameter changes. Might be worth a try? The only thing I dont like is the utililux style worm drive screw as these have been a weakness for my applications, but they have a recommended tightening torque so they should perform.
https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/murray-clamps-mhc-72s30ep?utm_term=MURRAY-CLAMPS-MHC-72S30EP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwq86wBhDiARIsAJhuphnYhtzpGj4Pwq6Xc_EK tVE8zk2yuRSgOgSmcXs_LJN8bknRAEDsYzYaAi7sEALw_wcB

pollenface
9th April 2024, 10:31 AM
There's enough info available online to buy the bits and do it yourself.

Mine was included in a dyno tune & exahust package, so no shame :D

A lot of people pay other people to change their oil.

PeeBee
9th April 2024, 01:22 PM
There's enough info available online to buy the bits and do it yourself.

Mine was included in a dyno tune & exahust package, so no shame :D

A lot of people pay other people to change their oil.

I used to do the dealer servicing run, simply made best use of my time and effort until I found they were using 1st year apprentices and not completing the scope of the schedule and charging me for it. Happened twice, then cut them off. They howled like 'unfair, everyone makes mistakes etc' well compensate me then, Nope, so goodbye. I have a local guy who does all of my major stuff and he is very thorough, looks for problems etc, happy days.

MB
9th April 2024, 07:24 PM
@MB, have a look at these clamps as an alternative. The unit you used is heavy duty for sure, the link below has a distinct difference in that it has a spring effect that compensates for the compression of the rubber over time, so as the rubber get permanent set after being compressed with many cycles of heat and cold and the constant pressure, it will lose its elasticity and become just like a hard gasket. Maybe this is whats happened? These clamps have the spring tension around the outer and keep applying pressure regardless of the diameter changes. Might be worth a try? The only thing I dont like is the utililux style worm drive screw as these have been a weakness for my applications, but they have a recommended tightening torque so they should perform.
https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/murray-clamps-mhc-72s30ep?utm_term=MURRAY-CLAMPS-MHC-72S30EP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwq86wBhDiARIsAJhuphnYhtzpGj4Pwq6Xc_EK tVE8zk2yuRSgOgSmcXs_LJN8bknRAEDsYzYaAi7sEALw_wcB

Thanks Philstar, Appreciated [emoji736][emoji106][emoji106]
I’m leaning towards it being good old nuffy me again over tightening these heavy duty Norma’s against the slightly thinner material airbox 4” outlet [emoji51]
Did I mention above that UFI have Impeccable Legendary after sales service currently experiencing [emoji736][emoji3590][emoji106][emoji106]

BrazilianY60
9th April 2024, 09:24 PM
But at the end, did it compromised your turbo?

MB
9th April 2024, 09:43 PM
Yes, I do believe my Brazilian Brother [emoji736][emoji736][emoji3590][emoji3590]