PDA

View Full Version : Bought an Engel! Epic Find!

Timbo
13th April 2011, 10:45 PM
Got this off EBay from a nice lady whose husband unfortunetly passed away recently.

It's 3 year old and has been used very little in that time, mostly just sitting in the shed or in his ute on day trips.

It's near bloody mint! It has a few light scuff marks from the transit bag rubbing on the paint. I used citrus cleaner and it made the scuffs lighten up considerable. I'm thinking some graffiti remover might do the trick or something a bit stronger.

The only problem with it is the 240v plug doesn't work. This pretty much negates any portability with it but I'm sure it's an easy fix. I'll have a look at it on the weekend as I want to take the cover off and blow the compressor out to get any dust or cobwebs out. If that fails, I'll talk to an electrician or a refrigeration mechanic.

These retail for $1300. The lady was asking $900 for it before she knew about the 240v issue. She called Engel and they forwarded her onto a service bloke and for $100 he was going to have a look and identify the problem only. She got off the phone from him as I was standing there and I basically said... to save you the trouble of the service guy, paying $100 etc, I'm prepared to take it as it is for a negotiated price.

She said $700 and I said $650. SOLD! Bang.

Whipped down to the ATM in the pi$$in rain, got the cash out and raced back before she changed her mind.

I'm pretty stoked. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now for stuff I want to buy before I start saving my butt off. Always hard to save money when you want things really bad! This will help big time!

Now I can redesign my drawers, run the wires to the rear and plug the fridge in.. woo!:smileyvault-cute-bi :1062:

Cheers!

oh and last pic is taken of the only little dent on the whole unit. It's about a 5 cent piece in size.. cant ask for more than that for a 3yr old fridge.

big_fletch
13th April 2011, 10:48 PM
Congrats on the find timbo, top work.. Looks like a ripper fridge mate

timbar
13th April 2011, 10:57 PM
Bargan Top work Nice Find mate cant get better than that sort of a deal

Bacho86
13th April 2011, 11:00 PM
Awesome pick up, looks like a great buy mate!

DX grunt
13th April 2011, 11:48 PM
Got this off EBay from a nice lady whose husband unfortunetly passed away recently.

It's 3 year old and has been used very little in that time, mostly just sitting in the shed or in his ute on day trips.

It's near bloody mint! It has a few light scuff marks from the transit bag rubbing on the paint. I used citrus cleaner and it made the scuffs lighten up considerable. I'm thinking some graffiti remover might do the trick or something a bit stronger.

The only problem with it is the 240v plug doesn't work. This pretty much negates any portability with it but I'm sure it's an easy fix. I'll have a look at it on the weekend as I want to take the cover off and blow the compressor out to get any dust or cobwebs out. If that fails, I'll talk to an electrician or a refrigeration mechanic.

These retail for $1300. The lady was asking $900 for it before she knew about the 240v issue. She called Engel and they forwarded her onto a service bloke and for $100 he was going to have a look and identify the problem only. She got off the phone from him as I was standing there and I basically said... to save you the trouble of the service guy, paying $100 etc, I'm prepared to take it as it is for a negotiated price.

She said $700 and I said $650. SOLD! Bang.

Whipped down to the ATM in the pi$$in rain, got the cash out and raced back before she changed her mind.

I'm pretty stoked. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now for stuff I want to buy before I start saving my butt off. Always hard to save money when you want things really bad! This will help big time!

Now I can redesign my drawers, run the wires to the rear and plug the fridge in.. woo!:smileyvault-cute-bi :1062:

Cheers!

oh and last pic is taken of the only little dent on the whole unit. It's about a 5 cent piece in size.. cant ask for more than that for a 3yr old fridge.

Good onya Timbo. It feels good to have a win occasionally. Nice choice.

Ross

Clunk
14th April 2011, 01:16 AM
great find Timbo, nice work

Bigrig
14th April 2011, 07:45 AM
Cracking good buy mate ...

Bob
14th April 2011, 07:49 AM
Great Pickup Mate. You do have some winners accasionly

AB
14th April 2011, 08:47 AM
Good score mate, well done!!!

nowoolies
14th April 2011, 09:32 AM
bl##dy little ripper well done mate
looks brand new

Timbo
14th April 2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks gents

Yeah i'm very happy with it and after the crap i've been through with this patrol, it's good to have a win every now and then. Keeps you coming back. :D

Finly Owner
14th April 2011, 11:31 PM
Timbar I'll help fix the electrical side of it for you, and will only cost you $650.00 or a 3 yr old engel frdge. LOL

Tim

Sir Roofy
15th April 2011, 10:02 PM
great find timbo have you plugged her in yet

Pete's GU3
15th April 2011, 10:35 PM
what a great accessory to have timbo ....well done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!