PDA

View Full Version : NissanPatrol.com.au new owner

AB
1st April 2016, 07:52 PM
Hi folks,

It is a sad day that I announce that NissanPatrol.com.au has been sold to Automotive Plus.

We have been in discussions for a long time now and I have decided to let this place go to a company who will take it to the next step.

I'll explain more in coming days but I just wanted to say thank you for everyone's contribution and the fun times we have had ;)

Sad panda on my side, feel like crying!

Kimbo63
1st April 2016, 07:59 PM
Hi folks,

It is a sad day that I announce that NissanPatrol.com.au has been sold to Automotive Plus.

We have been in discussions for a long time now and I have decided to let this place go to a company who will take it to the next step.

I'll explain more in coming days but I just wanted to say thank you for everyone's contribution and the fun times we have had ;)

Sad indeed but thanks to you AB for all your efforts with this site top bloke mate

Cuppa
1st April 2016, 08:01 PM
Just as well it's April 1st or I'd have to send Jonathon around to give you a neck punch! :)

AB
1st April 2016, 08:03 PM
Just as well it's April 1st or I'd have to send Jonathon around to give you a neck punch! :) I know the timing seems like that Cupps and I wish it was old mate but after a month or so of discussions we agreed an hour or so ago so I thought I would do the right thing for my friends on here first before officially handing it over.

I can't really type tonight, it's killing me to be honest!!!!!!!

jack
1st April 2016, 08:07 PM
AB 20 hours and 22 minutes into the month and you come up with this.

Bigcol
1st April 2016, 08:10 PM
well, it was your baby from the onset
and you have indeed done a fantastic job - to which we are all grateful for........

did you get enough to buy the 200 series..................?????

Cuppa
1st April 2016, 08:11 PM
He called me Cupps!
The boss called me Cupps.
:Swoon: :)

AB
1st April 2016, 08:13 PM
well, it was your baby from the onset and you have indeed done a fantastic job - to which we are all grateful for........ did you get enough to buy the 200 series..................????? Thanks old mate, if I was paid hourly for my time building this place then I would've earned $2 but I'll stick with the patrols...lol

Or maybe start a cruiser forum?

Arrrr this is killing me folks!!!

AB
1st April 2016, 08:15 PM
AB 20 hours and 22 minutes into the month and you come up with this. I'm sorry Jack but this is actually true my old friend. I'll still be here, I love my Patrols mate and will continue to contribute to this awesome place we have built together!!!

AB
1st April 2016, 08:16 PM
AB, seriously what you have done with this site is nothing short of amazing. All the work you have done has seen this community grow to what it is today, and thats seriously a national (even international) Nissan Patrol institution. Be very proud of what you've been able to create, as we are all very proud of this place. It will always be your baby. P.S. If this is an April fools joke I'm definately giving you a punch in the neck! Thanks Old mate, you were one of the first. Actually you, me and Fletch did the first meet up on the forum...hahaha

That was a great day mate!!!

Sir Roofy
1st April 2016, 08:17 PM
Hi folks,

A Mazda dealer ship in qld

Woof
1st April 2016, 08:18 PM
AHHHHH bullshit mate, we are not that gullible to fall for that on April the 1st

AB
1st April 2016, 08:19 PM
A Mazda dealer ship in qld Nah it's not an Australian company Roofy, they are a social media marketing company but heavily involved with cars of course.

I'll explain more over the weekend. They are a very professional company.

Winnie
1st April 2016, 08:22 PM
Nah it's not an Australian company Roofy, they are a social media marketing company but heavily involved with cars of course.

Whoah really? Honestly I'm a bit disappointed mate. I can't believe you're selling up...
In the end mate you have to do what is best for you and your family, I know how much time you spend in the background of the forum.

AB
1st April 2016, 08:22 PM
AHHHHH bullshit mate, we are not that gullible to fall for that on April the 1st Doggy....lol

Arrr mate, we had some awesome times old mate

It's killing me typing this but I'm in a position and the discussions we have had has convinced me the forum is in good hands.

I'll still be here, no stress folks!!!

AB
1st April 2016, 08:23 PM
Whoah really? Honestly I'm a bit disappointed mate. I can't believe you're selling up... In the end mate you have to do what is best for you and your family, I know how much time you spend in the background of the forum. Thanks Winnie, appreciate your support mate...it's bloody hard typing at the moment!

Sir Roofy
1st April 2016, 08:24 PM
Nah it's not an Australian company Roofy, they are a social media marketing company but heavily involved with cars of course.

No more meet ups barbys pizza nights that sucks

AB
1st April 2016, 08:26 PM
No more meet ups barbys pizza nights that sucks Nah mate they're always here!!!

Cuppa
1st April 2016, 08:28 PM
No more meet ups barbys pizza nights that sucks

Thought there was gonna be a "Roofy's back on the road' pizza night at the church.

AB
1st April 2016, 08:28 PM
Thought there was gonna be a "Roofy's back on the road' pizza night at the church. We can still that Cuppa, no probs at all mate.

Clunk
1st April 2016, 08:29 PM
Does this mean there's some Redback Rooftop bags on the horizon???????? Bwahahahahahaha

Sad times mate but needs must I guess, hopefully the new owners keep things ticking away as they always have done and not fark things up.

FNQGU
1st April 2016, 08:29 PM
I've gotta say it, and I do wish you all the best and understand that these sorts of decisions are not easy, but FARRRK!! I just hope this doesn't turn into another case of the big marketing boys coming in over the top and changing the formula to make more money etc etc.

I have not found another forum that holds a candle to the feel of this one. ie. a good bunch of Aussie blokes (and ladies), with a few Poms and the odd kiwi etc. etc.. all talking trucks and camping and whatever pretty freely and with good mateship and respect for the rules. I really hope this isn't the beginning of change for the worse.

But seriously AB, your running this has been great and you deserve the reward for all your hard work. Hopefully we can educate them and they actually have an interest in what we are about instead of just $$.

Please say it's April Fools...

Avo
1st April 2016, 08:30 PM
SO does that mean you can get on with making these ROOFTOP bags now........
and yes i am sad to......thought when i shook your hand i felt a little bit of love.....hope it's true and we meet again sometime

AB
1st April 2016, 08:31 PM
SO does that mean you can get on with making these ROOFTOP bags now........ and yes i am sad to......thought when i shook your hand i felt a little bit of love.....hope it's true and we meet again sometime It was great meeting you too old mate. I'll get onto those bags one day I promise!!!

the evil twin
1st April 2016, 08:33 PM
snip... I'll get onto those bags one day I promise!!!

I call BS on that...

You do realise I am going to have to drive over there and castigate you now don't you... (I think that is how you spell it anyway)

Hodge
1st April 2016, 08:35 PM
I call BS on that...

I call BS on this whole thread lol.

... I fkn hope it's BS.

AB
I call BS on that... Hahaha...good effort for you too ET driving out to The springs to meet a bunch of Mexicans!!!

I'll make an effort one day to join a WPC meet up!

Sir Roofy
Nah mate they're always here!!!

Yep understand the effort long hours family commitments and the work you have done
to keep this show on the road thanks for all the hard work mate
and bringing a lot of friendships together

Avo
1st April 2016, 08:36 PM
I call BS on that...

You do realise I am going to have to drive over there and castigate you now don't you... (I think that is how you spell it anyway)

OI just wait till you meet me...you'll say the same..

Bob
1st April 2016, 08:36 PM
Well Bugger me Dead I just logged on to check on when Roofy's build is on and get hit with this.
It in one way is a bloody sad day but Mate you can hold your head up high with what you have done with this Forum and I don't begrudge you anything that you have achieved.
I am sure that you will continue to be involved and whilst we wont have to call you Boss anymore we will

Regards
Bob

the evil twin
1st April 2016, 08:37 PM
Hahaha...good effort for you too ET driving out to The springs to meet a bunch of Mexicans!!!

I'll make an effort one day to join a WPC meet up!

Pleasure was all mine matey... my fav trip in 61 years so far... broken Van and all

AB
1st April 2016, 08:38 PM
He didn't give you the tickly finger handshake too did he? Bloody weirdo that bloke! Yeah he did actually!!! I kinda liked it though...

Woof
1st April 2016, 08:38 PM
Bloody hell mate, just been researching your bullshit and discovered that there is an international company that has a few sites and forums that are off road vehicle related.
Not really impressed that they also run a few landcrab forums but it looks to me that you are legit, this has been a great place mate and I want to thank you for starting it and wish you all the best for your future.

AB
1st April 2016, 08:40 PM
Well Bugger me Dead I just logged on to check on when Roofy's build is on and get hit with this. It in one way is a bloody sad day but Mate you can hold your head up high with what you have done with this Forum and I don't begrudge you anything that you have achieved. I am sure that you will continue to be involved and whilst we wont have to call you Boss anymore we will Regards Bob Thanks Bob, you have been here since the beginning mate and seen this place grow. You're a massive contribution to the forum and I thank you!

the evil twin
1st April 2016, 08:41 PM
... only thing AB got wrong was some of the Moderators and a few dubious members

Bloodyaussie
1st April 2016, 08:43 PM
Who will be moderating now.... ?

So will the place degenerate to the level of other forums or will it stay the same.

Woof
1st April 2016, 08:44 PM
... only thing AB got wrong was some of the Moderators and a few dubious members

Please explain that a bit more regarding the moderators..........................mate

Cuppa
1st April 2016, 08:45 PM
Bloody hell mate, just been researching your bullshit and discovered that there is an international company that has a few sites and forums that are off road vehicle related.
Not really impressed that they also run a few landcrab forums but it looks to me that you are legit, this has been a great place mate and I want to thank you for starting it and wish you all the best for your future.

Hmmmmm right ..................show us the link.

MB
1st April 2016, 08:48 PM
Hi folks, It is a sad day that I announce that NissanPatrol.com.au has been sold to Automotive Plus. We have been in discussions for a long time now and I have decided to let this place go to a company who will take it to the next step. I'll explain more in coming days but I just wanted to say thank you for everyone's contribution and the fun times we have had ;) Sad panda on my side, feel like crying!

Surely you're joking, 1st :-( ?

Clunk
1st April 2016, 08:50 PM
Please explain that a bit more regarding the moderators..........................mate
Well he ain't talking about me now is he [emoji12]

AB
1st April 2016, 08:51 PM
My April fools job is done!

Really blokes, cmon? I would be a lonely depressed soul without this forum and I thank you all for keeping me alive!

Happy April Fools Day kiddies!!! ;)

Some great comments from people which makes me proud though! You're all awesome and thank you for being here in my life!

Kimbo63
1st April 2016, 08:52 PM
Well he ain't talking about me now is he [emoji12]

Clunk you seriously is a sh#£ stirring bigger love it
Bugger that is

I hate autocorrect

BigRAWesty
1st April 2016, 08:54 PM

Really blokes, cmon? I would be a lonely depressed soul without this forum and I thank you all for keeping me alive!

Some great comments from people which makes me proud though! You're all awesome and thank you for being here in my life!
You dickhead..

Was thinking this place is farked..
Sponsorship price hikes and bullshit heavy handed mods lol..

Knew it was bs though lol lol..

Well played sir

MudRunnerTD

Sir KARN SAK

Nasty Nasty Nasty!

Bloodyaussie

F%ck you ya prick..... good on ya cuppa for not falling for it.

Yes i will neck punch him.

Clunk
1st April 2016, 08:56 PM

Blah blah blah..... crunt

Clunk
1st April 2016, 08:57 PM
Clunk you seriously is a sh#£ stirring bigger love it
Bugger that is

I hate autocorrect
Just telling it how it is hahahahaha

TPC
1st April 2016, 08:58 PM

jack
1st April 2016, 09:00 PM

Geez glad I read this.

Was just going to pay out on you about what a piss poor job you've been doing and that now at last we might get a decent forum up and running.
Oh well looks like we'll just have to put up with a second rate place after all.

:cheers:

Kimbo63
1st April 2016, 09:01 PM
Go have a cold shower AB you #*£¥@3

MB
1st April 2016, 09:01 PM
My April fools job is done! Really blokes, cmon? I would be a lonely depressed soul without this forum and I thank you all for keeping me alive! Happy April Fools Day kiddies!!! ;) Some great comments from people which makes me proud though! You're all awesome and thank you for being here in my life!

You are a wanker Bro, fools day well done :-) !

Took you XX years to get me to drop my Internet paranoia guard and meet some top people with awesome advice all started by a dedicated youg bloke !!

All I say can is , Karma to ya, April 1st gags superstitiously must occur before 12:00pm :-) !

Cheers Bro

AB
1st April 2016, 09:03 PM
You are a wanker Bro, fools day well done :-) ! Took you XX years to get me to drop my Internet paranoia guard and meet some top people with awesome advice all started by a dedicated youg bloke !! All I say can is , Karma to ya, April 1st gags superstitiously must occur before 12:00pm :-) ! Cheers Bro I'm not superstitious like your mum. ;)

Sir Roofy
1st April 2016, 09:04 PM
I never really see Jane get agro but you hit the nail on the head tonight

naughty boy AB

Clunk
1st April 2016, 09:04 PM
You are a wanker Bro, fools day well done :-) !

Took you XX years to get me to drop my Internet paranoia guard and meet some top people with awesome advice all started by a dedicated youg bloke !!

All I say can is , Karma to ya, April 1st gags superstitiously must occur before 12:00pm :-) !

Cheers Bro
He certainly is a wanker, why do you think he spends so much time in the shower

AB
1st April 2016, 09:06 PM
He certainly is a wanker, why do you think he spends so much time in the shower It's my daily exercise routine!

Sir Roofy
1st April 2016, 09:07 PM
Wait till TDs sees this hell double his meds and break out in hives

jack
1st April 2016, 09:09 PM

Haha I was thinking that as well.

Sir Roofy
1st April 2016, 09:13 PM
Haha I was thinking that as well.

Have to look after him Jack he's marching on to glory

Clunk
1st April 2016, 09:15 PM
He'll be searching for links about the sale on ebay

FNQGU
1st April 2016, 09:17 PM
Thank Farrk - but denying April Fools jokes can be bad karma! Neck punch is deserved!

Kimbo63
1st April 2016, 09:20 PM
Thank Farrk - but denying April Fools jokes can be bad karma! Neck punch is deserved!

Bugger it go for the balls

Clunk
1st April 2016, 09:24 PM
Bugger it go for the balls
His missus already has those after getting engaged the other week

MB
1st April 2016, 09:44 PM
I'm not superstitious like your mum. ;)

MRTD will help teach me how to 'Unthank'-'Report' you joker :-)!

So which one of us are 1900's Bendigo Diggers ;-)

the evil twin
1st April 2016, 11:01 PM

Hell NO... you think I'm suicidal or sumthink... hehehe

Avo
1st April 2016, 11:07 PM
just for you AB....

the evil twin
1st April 2016, 11:08 PM

Too late now mate... me Patrol is up for up for Sale and I have put down a deposit on a Prado

MB
1st April 2016, 11:25 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/04/10.jpg

Family past life secrets, shame on us :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB
1st April 2016, 11:49 PM
Holden & Ford thing :-) !

Fortunately, once realised that every trip you could actually return with a working drivetrain in a Nissan proved AB's theory :-) !

Well done AB !

macca
2nd April 2016, 05:19 AM
AB, HAHA they were all nice and gooey gushing all over the place, then they turn on you. Great read funny as.
Cracked up at the Poofy comment and the Cupps that was classic.

Irish
2nd April 2016, 06:15 AM
It's my daily exercise routine!

Should start calling you hellboy, one regular arm, one massive arm.

Bacho86
2nd April 2016, 06:29 AM
Well that was freaking hilarious! Good prank AB....[emoji848] almost like going to your own funeral, and getting to hear what people really think of you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Touses
2nd April 2016, 08:25 AM
JESUS! A man leaves work on a friday arvo believing all is well in his world and a matter of hours later is shattered.
Then it turns out to be a prank. Oh my dicky ticker! After all the gooey comments from the more gullible AB won't fit into the
shower for the size of his head. Even so, well played sir!:clapping:

lucus30
2nd April 2016, 08:38 AM
I'll buy it ha ha

growler2058
2nd April 2016, 08:50 AM

AHhHHH F@rk it I've spent my payrise already!

growler2058
2nd April 2016, 08:52 AM

POST of THE DAY!!

growler2058
2nd April 2016, 08:57 AM
I only just saw this thread this morning. Just had a 10 min laughing fit reading it hahahahaha

Sir Roofy
2nd April 2016, 09:02 AM
Yep had nightmares last night what if it really happened fees and charges unforgiving mods
stuff shirts trying to tame this place down sell it to lucas30 nah that wont work there will be a wedding some place
sorry mate that just sprung to mind

Bob
2nd April 2016, 10:08 AM
Well Bugger me Dead I just logged on to check on when Roofy's build is on and get hit with this.
It in one way is a bloody sad day but Mate you can hold your head up high with what you have done with this Forum and I don't begrudge you anything that you have achieved.
I am sure that you will continue to be involved and whilst we wont have to call you Boss anymore we will

Regards
Bob

I would just like to state that this Post was written whilst I was inebriated and I would like to withdraw my comments LMAO

You caught me out well and truly Andy

taslucas
2nd April 2016, 11:34 AM
Bloody oath Andy, you had me all excited for a minute....

>>>tappin from tassie

lucus30
2nd April 2016, 06:05 PM
Yep had nightmares last night what if it really happened fees and charges unforgiving mods
stuff shirts trying to tame this place down sell it to lucas30 nah that wont work there will be a wedding some place
sorry mate that just sprung to mind
Nah mate this place would run well. I'd employ Andy to be boss man

jay see
3rd April 2016, 12:22 AM
Nice read AB. Ya shit stirrer.

Waiting for TD response.....

DX grunt
5th April 2016, 10:57 AM
My lawyer will be sending you a bill for all the stress and trauma you caused me and for the MB I have used reading this post from the start!!

Seriously, welcome back. lol.

Take care out there.

Rossco