PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 Top end Noise

Bigdog22
1st April 2016, 07:28 PM
Hi

Im looking for a bit of advice regarding my 2004 GU ZD30, the issue is it has a knock its a bit strange in that its not there at start up only comes on after a couple of mins ,as the engine gets warmer it then starts to reduce (gets quieter) looking at the front of the motor it sounds to be coming from the front top left of the motor around were the top hose goes on the block, other than that noise the motor runs really well no smoke,no bubbles in the cooling system, never usees any oil, no exesive pressure in the crank case, to me it sounds like a Cam follower or something like that, but i have no experience with this engine, it has got big Ks on it 35000 but as i say other than this knock it runs well oh the oil light goes out after about .5 sec on start up, i can't find any thing in search regarding the top end of this motor

thanks in advance for any advice Rich

Jimbo-AU
30th October 2016, 04:32 PM
Hi Bigdog22 I have a 02 Patrol ZD30 350 k on the clock also with what appears to be the same issue, I have had the troll about 4-5 months and have fitted the Dawes ,needle valve, egr block, catch can, boost gauge
It had this noise when I bought it but I thought it was just the noise you get from a diesel but and it is louder at start up once the engine is warm it decreases now I thought it was just a cam follower also so I bought the necessary tools and shims and re-shimmed a few that were out ( I believe this engine may have had the head off at some stage) it did help a bit, but it still has the sound and when compared to other ZD30's its still louder than them I am at a loss as to what is causing this as the engine runs perfectly other wise in fact I am really happy with the whole package so if you came across a solution please let us know if not i'll keep trying and see what I can come up with ?

I notice there have been no replies since you posted in April :(

Jimbo-AU
2nd November 2016, 12:34 AM
Just a question could this have anything to do with the injector's ?