PDA

View Full Version : forum newby - everything else is old...

john316
30th March 2016, 09:25 AM
just being obedient and saying g'day...

have spent a lot of time on kayak and fishing forums so I have an idea of the basics although I have only just discovered this site. I have been around 4X4s since the early 70's and have had a range of cars from a little Suzuki to a massive International crew-cab with truly awesome abilities if you could afford to keep the dual tanks full of petrol...

I'm not a hater of any of the other breeds, just love the old GQ Patrol and reckon its one of my preferred shapes and the way it looks just makes me smile. Have had it for a few years and use it for everything from going to work to towing a heavy off road camper into some out of the way places. Its only a 2.8 diesel so I'm the old fogey holding everyone else up when I get to the hills and have to chasing down through the gears but having driven old trucks I am used to driving a gearbox rather than just pushing the go pedal. If you ever end up behind me, be patient as I will pull over to let people pass when I get a tail and find a spot to pull off the road.

The old girl is pretty standard although she has a 3 inch lift and some other small changes like lights and aux. battery etc and the worst thing I have done to her is use her as a tractor pulling stumps down the farm (NSW south coast hobby farm) but have now got a vintage tractor to do the heavy lifting so the Patrol should be safe for a while now...

cheers

John

threedogs
30th March 2016, 09:34 AM
Hi John and welcome to to forum, Kayaks are getting more and more popular if you ask me.
anyway jump in any time ask anything and most of all enjoy

BigRAWesty
30th March 2016, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the forum mate..
I know how ya feel with the lack of power.. my old td42 was similar being back in 3rd for any sorta hills lol..
But now in a gu the top hasn't changed.. still do 90k..

4bye4
30th March 2016, 09:54 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate.

Touses
30th March 2016, 10:33 AM
Hello John, a most amusing intro, welcome!

Sir Roofy
30th March 2016, 10:49 AM
welcome to the forum John

AD07
30th March 2016, 04:39 PM
Hi John...welcome:cheers:

Dhuck
31st March 2016, 03:32 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

john316
1st April 2016, 07:20 AM
Just got back to computer after a few days off... thanks for the welcome.

I will be back with a question or two and may even be able to help out with an occasional answer based on age and experience...

this done when I am supposed to be painting the bathroom and kitchen - worst job for an out doors bloke...

cheers

John

MEGOMONSTER
2nd April 2016, 06:19 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Kimbo63
2nd April 2016, 08:18 AM
Hi John welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
2nd April 2016, 09:00 AM
G'day John welcome aboard mate

flubba flubba
4th April 2016, 11:25 PM
I worry about the tractor now.....Welcome John