PDA

View Full Version : Oil return for catch can

AB
29th March 2016, 08:05 PM
I've had my catch can for a few months now and the oil return from the can was originally going back through the turbo, IC, etc.

Now that I'm redoing my turbo, airbox and lines etc I'm trying to work out where the best place for this return?

I can obviously weld on a new barb in the 4" pipe just before turbo but would I be better off tapping into the oil return of the turbo or any other spot?

After only a few months of driving with the CC there has been what looks like no oil return anyway so the amount would be minuscule.

Winnie
29th March 2016, 08:07 PM
I've had my catch can for a few months now and the oil return from the can was originally going back through the turbo, IC, etc.

Now that I'm redoing my turbo, airbox and lines etc I'm trying to work out where the best place for this return?

I can obviously weld on a new barb in the 4" pipe just before turbo but would I be better off tapping into the oil return of the turbo or any other spot?

After only a few months of driving with the CC there has been what looks like no oil return anyway so the amount would be minuscule.
Put a hose on it and run it inside a chassis rail. It's better than going through the turbo.

AB
29th March 2016, 08:09 PM
Put a hose on it and run it inside a chassis rail. It's better than going through the turbo. Yeah I've seen that and others just running it down under the firewall etc. Paranoid me set in when in deep water that's all...

Winnie
29th March 2016, 08:19 PM
How could it suck water in though?

nissannewby
29th March 2016, 08:35 PM
It would get in via intake or exhaust before gettinf in through the breather. Stick it in the chassis rail.

AB
29th March 2016, 08:37 PM
Cheers gents, much easier then making up a barb fitting somewhere...

my third 256
30th March 2016, 05:29 AM
dont fofdet to put a tapon the end

BigRAWesty
30th March 2016, 06:01 AM
So are you talking about the oil drain or the vent line AB??

Sir Roofy
30th March 2016, 07:37 AM
dont fofdet to put a tapon the end

Have the same

threedogs
30th March 2016, 08:58 AM
Didn't some put the return into the sump,
or have I got it wrong

Sir Roofy
30th March 2016, 09:17 AM
Didn't some put the return into the sump,
or have I got it wrong

Some did but why put dirty oil back in the engine

threedogs
30th March 2016, 09:30 AM
With the police checking every 4x4 lately don't think they
would like to see an oil line venting into a chassis rail.
I did like the idea of having a tap on the end so you can empty
into a bowl/can easily

Sir Roofy
30th March 2016, 10:05 AM
With the police checking every 4x4 lately don't think they
would like to see an oil line venting into a chassis rail.
I did like the idea of having a tap on the end so you can empty
into a bowl/can easily

Much easier to drain into a coke bottle as well