PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

duane1234
13th April 2011, 03:31 PM
Hi there guys, my name is Duane and i purchased my GQ about 3 months ago with a friend of mine.

We are planning to head accross the Anne Beadell hwy next year and as such we are trying to learn all we can about 4 wheel driving and of course about the mighty patrol.

Sadly we are doing it on an extremely tight budget so we are desperatly looking to buy some second hand gear.

Bull bar, winch, Snorkel, Jack, CB radio... and the list goes on so if anyone has some gear to off load or any advice I would love to hear from you.

Look forward to talking to you all

Bob
13th April 2011, 03:34 PM
Welcome Duane. The members have lots of experience and knowledge which they are quite willing to share. Join in and enjoy

AB
13th April 2011, 03:51 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Here is a cheap way to do a great looking snorkel. You could even go cheaper and use PVC or similar. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3502-How-to-make-your-own-4-quot-stainless-steel-snorkel

Ebay is your friend for finding cheap second hand gear, Just keep an eye out and be patient and you'll eventually get what your after.

growler2058
13th April 2011, 04:40 PM
G'day welcome aboard friendly mob here full of helpful info and advice
Look forwRd to hearing about ur trip

Dhuck
13th April 2011, 05:35 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Maxhead
13th April 2011, 07:09 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Dark 1
13th April 2011, 07:13 PM
Welcome mate, have a poke around & join in when your ready.

big_fletch
13th April 2011, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, great to have another member aboard

Fletcha

Finly Owner
13th April 2011, 09:45 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Duane

Tim

DX grunt
13th April 2011, 11:21 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Plasnart has done the Anne Bedell Hwy and put up a trip report on it. Take a look.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

timbar
13th April 2011, 11:49 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Clunk
14th April 2011, 12:09 AM
G'day Duane, welcome aboard mate

wildgu6
14th April 2011, 07:38 AM
Welcome aboard buddy,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Hope you have a great 2011.
stay safe & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

duane1234
14th April 2011, 08:02 AM
Thanks guys,

Gee i have been on here for one day and i already know how to make a snorkel and found some advice on my trip.

Really appreciate your help guys, not really sure where me and my mate got the idea to do this but so far it has been crazy fun and i am predicting i will still be doing it when im 60

Bigrig
14th April 2011, 08:13 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

patch697
3rd May 2011, 06:59 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul