PDA

View Full Version : Greetings to all

yossie
28th March 2016, 01:24 AM
Hello to all on the forum and, firstly, an apology for picking brains before being formally introduced.

My name is Steve but I generally go under my nickname of Yossie, bestowed on me by work colleagues over 30 years ago because of a passing resemblance to a notoriously corrupt businessman, of that name, in the news at the time.

My vehicle is a Y60 GQ Patrol, previously owned and loved by my elderly father-in-law. It is in really lovely condition and came with long range tank (190L) and dual batteries, and all service records, receipts, warranties, etc. that accrued over the 23 years of it's life. It's now not quite in original condition because, with the help of my son, I put a 2" lift kit on it. I have done a fair bit of off-road touring in outback WA over the past 15 years, as both passenger and driver (previous wagon - petrol Ford Courier Dual cab), and the Patrol will be headed bush sometime in the near future. That will be a bit of a change for it because I don't think the old f-i-l ever took it near a bit of dirt.

This is my first Nissan and my first diesel vehicle. I'm sure it will suit my off-road travel because the crew I go bush with are all diesel and petrol jerries on the roofrack always made me uneasy.

Yossie

Kimbo63
28th March 2016, 08:50 AM
Hi yossie welcome to the forum mate

Dhuck
28th March 2016, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

threedogs
28th March 2016, 03:58 PM
Hello Yossie and welcome, wow 190 ltrs main replacement will see you go places
what size aux tank do you have?, Dont forget to post up some pics as well.
In the meantime jump in any time you like and enjoy

4bye4
28th March 2016, 10:27 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Touses
29th March 2016, 09:15 AM
Hello Yossie. Sounds like a great vehicle. Diesels rule! Got 5 of the buggers myself.

Firetrol
29th March 2016, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the forum Yossie.

growler2058
2nd April 2016, 09:02 AM
G'day Yossie welcome aboard mate

flubba flubba
4th April 2016, 11:18 PM
No Better 4by, Welcome Yossie

Enthree
6th April 2016, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the forum