PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking Motor

mmarty
26th March 2016, 10:51 AM
Hey guys

My Rear drivers side door central locking does not work. I have taken the panel off to get to the motor. All other doors work fine. ive tested the plug and i do get voltage to it. So must be the motor connected to the lock? Does anyone know the best place to get a replacement? want to avoid the stealerships if possible. I tried ebay but nothing was coming up.

Thanks guys

Marty

Touses
26th March 2016, 11:11 AM
Marty, use the advanced search feature. Auto door lock or central locking should do it. That will take you to threads pertinent to your problem.
You may be able to refine your search alittle more than I have suggested. Cheers!

Clunk
26th March 2016, 08:35 PM
Not a sticky linkage / lock mechanism?

the evil twin
26th March 2016, 09:01 PM
Marty, use the advanced search feature. Auto door lock or central locking should do it. That will take you to threads pertinent to your problem.
You may be able to refine your search alittle more than I have suggested. Cheers!

The Forum 'Search' engine pretty sucks (almost all forums do actually)... you get heaps better results using Google.
Type in the phrase and link back into the Forum from the Google hits

mmarty
27th March 2016, 01:57 PM
Not a sticky linkage / lock mechanism?

Thats what i was thinking but couldnt here or feel anything as i was unlocking and locking the doors...

mmarty
27th March 2016, 01:57 PM
The Forum 'Search' engine pretty sucks (almost all forums do actually)... you get heaps better results using Google.
Type in the phrase and link back into the Forum from the Google hits

thanks mate.

Ill give it another go!

my third 256
27th March 2016, 07:06 PM
isnt it only a solonoid you can get one from jcar or try this link
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-5-Wire-Single-Gun-Type-Central-Door-Auto-Locking-System-Lock-Actuator-Motor-/261975383486?hash=item3cfef31dbe:g:hyYAAOSwPcVVpMD 3

mmarty
3rd April 2016, 05:58 PM
isnt it only a solonoid you can get one from jcar or try this link
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-5-Wire-Single-Gun-Type-Central-Door-Auto-Locking-System-Lock-Actuator-Motor-/261975383486?hash=item3cfef31dbe:g:hyYAAOSwPcVVpMD 3

thanks mate

i didnt want to take it out yet. but it looked like a certain type. was a white housing. but ill take it apart when i get a chance and see if it is doabke. depends on where the bars go i guess.