PDA

View Full Version : Replacing all radiator/heater hoses in RD28 GU

UVB76
25th March 2016, 06:30 PM
So I've got a leaking hose on the RHS of the engine, near the oil cooler, and it's leaking what looks like green water so I assume it's coolant, which I guess means the hose belongs to the cooling/heating system. The trouble is, I can't find a good pic or part number of the hose in the Haynes or Ellery manuals so I don't know what to order from SuperShit/Repco.

From what I can see, the hose that's leaking joins on to a nipple (not sure what you'd call it?) that's coming from the engine block, and then the hose makes it's way towards the bottom of the radiator area. Coming off the same nipple at the engine block is another hose that heads towards the back of the engine. The nipple-thing is basically next to the oil cooler.

Can anyone help me out with a pic of the RHS of the engine? Or maybe part numbers of the hoses?

Wine_maker
27th March 2016, 08:01 PM
I hope this will help you mate.

Send me the № and I'll find a part № to you.

UVB76
28th March 2016, 12:08 PM
Hey Wine_maker,

I appreciate your help there, those pictures are great! What are they from, some kind of manual?

Unfortunately I don't see the hose in either of the pictures :( but I noticed the top radiator hose in the second pic looks different to mine. Are they pics of the Y61 RD28 (1999 GU) engine?

Cheers.

Wine_maker
28th March 2016, 03:07 PM
Ups, sorry for those photo, they are suitable for my GQ Safari RD28T.

Try these, they are for RHD, Patrol, RD28Ti, manual, 99 year.

This photo from online catalogue www.emex.ru which I using for order genuine (and some times not genuine) parts for me and my friends. Its only russian language so feel free to ask me if you need help with it.

UVB76
2nd April 2016, 02:46 PM
Yeah, those pictures show the hose - it's 21515+E in the top right-hand corner of the first image. Looks like the hose is the first part of a return to the coolant overflow tank thing?
From the picture, how do I find the part number or name of the hose?

Thanks again Wine_maker!

Wine_maker
2nd April 2016, 09:19 PM
Gday mate!

Part number of this hose - 21743VB300

They call it - HOSE-RESERVOIR TANK,so I think you are right about it.