PDA

View Full Version : Gibb River

Freoboy
21st March 2016, 08:20 PM
Hi All
Im doing the Gibb this year I will be towing a Cub Camper behind my GQ this will be my first big trip and would like some hints ie
Must see
Conditions
What emergency equip to take
Tyre pressure
and anything else useful maybe links etc :)

4bye4
21st March 2016, 08:30 PM
G'day mate - I am not usually this blatant - but join a club. I know some of our clubies are looking at the Gibb river in May 2017, but you will usually find a few that have just done it or are planning on going soon. Also I don't know what experience you already have so its hard to recommend what you will need. Usually everything you can think of and then some more stuff just in case. Seriously join a club, even just an on line club and get more info.

the evil twin
21st March 2016, 08:42 PM
What he said ^^^^^

'The Gibb' is busier than Hay Street at 9:00 AM on a Monday morning these days.
Kimberley Aust, ExplorOz and similar will give you tons of info on what to see.
Tyre pressure is an open ended question, it will depend on load, tyres, track conditions etc.
Emergency gear can be a big list if you include car, camping gear and personal equipment esp if you intend doing some walks into the more remote sites

Cuppa
21st March 2016, 09:52 PM
You can't do better than get Birgit's e-book. She's been producing it for years & it'll cover everything you need to know. I have no interest in this other than being a very satisfied customer.

http://www.kimberleyaustralia.com/

BillsGU
21st March 2016, 10:51 PM
Make sure you have a good stone guard on the trailer and rear window protection. The HUGE rocks on the road are awesome.