PDA

View Full Version : Brake Master cylnder replacement

Lawrence
21st March 2016, 12:42 PM
Hi guys.Could anybody suggest a replacement for a stock GQ brake master cylinder? They have some here from Taiwan but I just don't trust the lengevity on those. The Pathfinder WD21 seems close but with a slightly smaller bore (15/16). Any suggestions?

mudski
21st March 2016, 06:01 PM
Hi guys.Could anybody suggest a replacement for a stock GQ brake master cylinder? They have some here from Taiwan but I just don't trust the lengevity on those. The Pathfinder WD21 seems close but with a slightly smaller bore (15/16). Any suggestions?
Use PBR brand or OEM....And use the right one. Not one from another make. Unless its the same cylinder....

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

dom14
25th March 2016, 12:11 AM

I've read somewhere advising not to use after market ones for this.

Robo
10th April 2016, 11:21 AM
A smaller bore will see your pedal go further to the floor.
maybe even to a point you run out of pedal before you reach the required breaking force.
have an accident and wipe your insurance!.

dom14
11th April 2016, 03:07 PM
A smaller bore will see your pedal go further to the floor.
maybe even to a point you run out of pedal before you reach the required breaking force.
have an accident and wipe your insurance!.

Yeah, one thing we shouldn't cut corners is the braking system repairs. Just not worth the trouble of saving few dollars by buying aftermarket spares for
any braking hydraulic parts.

Jonesy_sa
16th April 2016, 11:19 AM
Is the gq a single cavity reservoir; as in if you tear a line will you loose both front and rear breaks?