PDA

View Full Version : Engel Power Socket

gubigfish
20th March 2016, 11:46 AM
Hi All,

Bought some wiring and I am trying to mount the socket in my toolbox, I've brought the wiring through a grommet I installed in the tool box however trying to make sure the wiring will not come loose. The connects on the dual sockets are flat rectangular male and the wiring came with flat rectangular female terminals. There is a wire joining the 2 inside the box with the same go. Whats the best way to wire this? I was thinking of trying to put solder on to stop it from moving.

Cheers
Fish

threedogs
20th March 2016, 11:49 AM
hard trying to imagine what your doing, would cable ties each side work.
As I said no idea what youre doing

Bigcol
20th March 2016, 12:48 PM
I agree with TD

I cannot see in my mind what you are trying to achieve - or why

do you have a picture or 2 to help explain.............?

the evil twin
20th March 2016, 01:07 PM
Hiya Fish,

Yep, you got the Trifecta, I can't visualise what you mean either... are you talking about how to connect pre-terminated power lead to two sockets?

threedogs
20th March 2016, 05:47 PM
ok this is how I read it , you want an Engel plug inside your tool box.
You could use rivnuts the hold the plug to the side of the tool box,
other than that no idea whats so ever lol

gubigfish
20th March 2016, 08:20 PM
Yep I did a great job with that post huh? Anyways I think I have figured it out but I have attached a few photos below which will hopefully explain it better

Ending up adding some solder to the double terminals to hold it there, I'm just hoping it will hold and not jolt free on rough roads.

Bigcol
20th March 2016, 10:47 PM
with those types of spade clips, I always give the "round sides" a bit of a squeeze with a pair of pliers once I have fitted them

makes a bastard to get off, but they usually dont move once done...........

gubigfish
21st March 2016, 12:45 AM
Cheers Col I did try the pliers trick but maybe didn't crush the right areas. Will see how she goes over the long weekend.

GeeYou8
21st March 2016, 08:37 AM
You can get female spade connectors that have a locking lever, they lock into the hole on the male part & you have to push down on the lever to get them off.
Graham