PDA

View Full Version : Wheres everyone going for easter

threedogs
19th March 2016, 04:58 PM
Hopefully the weather will remain mild for everyone to have a great Easter break.
Im in no shape to go anywhere, but wouldn't be going anyway as I dont go away on
major holiday week end, Mainly cause this is the time that a lot of part timer drive.
Plus all the places are chock a block with ppl and loud music going till all hours.
Dont get me wrong I love my tunes but there is a time and place for that .

Sir Roofy
19th March 2016, 07:02 PM
Staying home mate out of harms way can do our w/end trips when its quieter

mudnut
19th March 2016, 07:17 PM
Have the cousins heading here and hopefully everyone will be coming home for the holidays, so the grandkids will be here as well.

Rossco
19th March 2016, 07:22 PM
Heading away at the end of easter if all goes to plan, should miss must of the mad rush. Really really hope this fuel pump issue can be easily sorted will be really spewing if it's undriveable. Grrrr.
Planning on spending a night or two on the mitchell river then up to coberas tingaringi area hopefully check out the start of the murray.

Bloodyaussie
19th March 2016, 08:16 PM
Staying home like I do every Easter.... good time to get stuff done around the house plus a lazy day of pure nothingness.

the evil twin
19th March 2016, 08:24 PM
Staying home...
Haven't got a strong enough Death Wish to be out and about the same time as the Long Weekend Psycho Drivers take to the bitumen.

mudski
19th March 2016, 08:39 PM
Nothing for easter then down to Dargo for 4 or 5 days after Easter.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

4bye4
19th March 2016, 11:28 PM
Got a club trip happening to Denmark in south west.

paulyg
20th March 2016, 09:41 AM
I am already there, sitting on the bank of the Murray River, between Mildura and the SA border, very quite even at Easter,
No blue green algae and temps in the high 20s, perfect.

nissannewby
20th March 2016, 10:17 AM
Barrel racing...

Hodge
20th March 2016, 11:39 AM
Going nowhere and probably staying home and changing most of the oils on the car.

VK2FMIA
20th March 2016, 11:40 AM
Doing a 4 day, 1000 km round trip to the New England Plateau in NSW via Spokes Trail to Werrikimbe, Carria & Willi Willi National Parks. Then onto the Pub with no Beer in Slim Dusty country near Kempsey, up the dreaded Jacob`s Ladder to Mt Killiekrankie, down into the Bellinger Valley to Dorrigo.

Home via Point Lookout, Styx River & Armidale. Hopefully the weather will be good as some of the trails are impassable after rain & the Pub has finally got some beer!:cheers:

Looking over the Bellinger Valley towards Mt Killiekrankie from Point Lookout.

Stropp
20th March 2016, 01:43 PM
Yep I'm off to Denmark as well and looking forward to a beach run with some folk from the Albany 4wd club on the Sunday.

lucus30
20th March 2016, 03:27 PM
Our usual destination of Woodspoint looking forward to the break

Irish
20th March 2016, 06:14 PM
Going to be staying home to try and tick off the last few bits and bobs I need to do to get the Maverick off-road worthy, and the BMW roadworthy.

I'm a yin and yang kinda guy.

Sir Roofy
20th March 2016, 06:23 PM
Barrel racing...

Hope she gets good times

rusty00
20th March 2016, 06:27 PM
Little desert, border track, Service town, Big billy bore, through big desert and Wyperfield NP to lake Albacatchya then to four mile beach.
Border track then to sand dunes back of Nhil
10 x 4x4 going.

Sprock
20th March 2016, 06:29 PM
Staying home...
Haven't got a strong enough Death Wish to be out and about the same time as the Long Weekend Psycho Drivers take to the bitumen.

Ain't that the truth ! 95%of people go out on the roads at Easter trying their hardest to kill emselves - & anyone else in their way [emoji30]

2002 GU wagon 3.0lt , auto , piranha dual batteries , 3" lift , chip , needle & Dawes valves - just gettin started

rusty00
20th March 2016, 06:38 PM
sometimes it's the only time family and friends can catch up.
Take plenty of rest stops and don't push yourself, keep clear of trouble if possible and don't party too hard if hitting the roads early.

Ain't that the truth ! 95%of people go out on the roads at Easter trying their hardest to kill emselves - & anyone else in their way [emoji30]

2002 GU wagon 3.0lt , auto , piranha dual batteries , 3" lift , chip , needle & Dawes valves - just gettin started

Daveyboyjunior
20th March 2016, 06:54 PM
Taking a group across Salisbury Plain on Friday, then there's always stuff to do, at home, but time to chill as well!

katwoman
20th March 2016, 08:27 PM
Doing a 4 day, 1000 km round trip to the New England Plateau in NSW via Spokes Trail to Werrikimbe, Carria & Willi Willi National Parks. Then onto the Pub with no Beer in Slim Dusty country near Kempsey, up the dreaded Jacob`s Ladder to Mt Killiekrankie, down into the Bellinger Valley to Dorrigo.

Home via Point Lookout, Styx River & Armidale. Hopefully the weather will be good as some of the trails are impassable after rain & the Pub has finally got some beer!:cheers:

Looking over the Bellinger Valley towards Mt Killiekrankie from Point Lookout.

That sounds like a wicked trip... Trip report and photos on your return, please.

nissannewby
20th March 2016, 08:34 PM
Hope she gets good times

Thanks roofy. She is aiming to qualify for worlds this year. She certainly has a horse that can do it. Its just gotta happen now.

gubigfish
20th March 2016, 08:44 PM
Esperance and surrounding area

VK2FMIA
21st March 2016, 07:56 AM
Will do katwomen, the first days run we have done before, so know what to expect. The rest will be an adventure for sure!

Sir Roofy
21st March 2016, 08:56 AM
Thanks roofy. She is aiming to qualify for worlds this year. She certainly has a horse that can do it. Its just gotta happen now.

best of luck mate tell her not to cut it to fine on the barrels
take a deep breath relax and go for it

Bloodyaussie
21st March 2016, 09:41 AM
Barrel racing...

Man of many words.....

Miss working with horses.

sooty_10
21st March 2016, 12:37 PM
Working...

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

threedogs
21st March 2016, 12:39 PM

Good luck with it Matt, I take it this is 1/4 horse we're talking about yeah hope she kicks some butt

rusty00
29th March 2016, 06:35 PM
1380km round trip and made it home safety, didn't see and accidents at all or anything too dangerous done by other drivers.
Only incident was a 80 series in our group dropped the LH ball joint in the big desert, studs let go as they do on these.

lucus30
1st April 2016, 07:35 AM
My trip to woods point and back was not 1300kms but very pleased to not come across any dicks on the road. Every one we came across was taking it very easy

There was one group of pissed knobs driving around comets flat on Saturday night yahooing and just being obnoxious oxygen thiefs which was a shame when all the other campers are fine.

Rock Trol
1st April 2016, 10:27 AM
1100 km round trip to Warraweena (Flinders Ranges). 11 cars on the trip. A couple of knobs overtaking dangerously on the way but quitter on the trip back. Had to dodge a cow and saw someone had hit an emu. Left a big dent in the front of their Subie.