PDA

View Full Version : Colour Schemes??

big_fletch
12th April 2011, 10:36 PM
I have had idea for my troll which I am 50/50 on and want your thoughts on it...
My troll is Gold (as in my pic) and I have a mate who is a powdercoater..
I was thinking about getting springs, panhard, draglink, dropboxes, Harris diffguard ect powdercoated all the same colour. How do you think it would look (especially when flexing), and what colour would look good against the Gold? Maybe same colour as the car? Light blue? Red?
Any thoughts appreciated everyone

Fletcha

P.s If anyone else likes the idea, feel free to post up the colour of your own troll for feedback

NissanGQ4.2
12th April 2011, 10:57 PM
I'm thinking a bright red Fletcha

Bigrig
12th April 2011, 10:58 PM
Green for the underbody ... Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!!

DX grunt
12th April 2011, 11:01 PM
DILLIGAF ??

Sorry Fletcha, that colour scheme was the first thing that popped into my head. lol.

No offence of course. I just couldn't help myself. lol

big_fletch
12th April 2011, 11:02 PM
Green for the underbody ... Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!!

OI, OI, OI!!! LOL
Yes green or red would look good.. I just thought it may be something abit different that would look good lol

Bigrig
12th April 2011, 11:05 PM
OI, OI, OI!!! LOL
Yes green or red would look good.. I just thought it may be something abit different that would look good lol

I think all Gold will look like it came from the set of an Austin Powers movie!! LOL

big_fletch
12th April 2011, 11:05 PM
DILLIGAF ??

Sorry Fletcha, that colour scheme was the first thing that popped into my head. lol.

No offence of course. I just couldn't help myself. lol

Haha Nah your right mate lol... Just one of those random thoughts I have when I drink:1062:

DX grunt
12th April 2011, 11:06 PM
I think all Gold will look like it came from the set of an Austin Powers movie!! LOL

Green and gold would look 'Shagadellic' lol

DX grunt
12th April 2011, 11:06 PM
Haha Nah your right mate lol... Just one of those random thoughts I have when I drink:1062:

Stop reading Bigrig's threads, or I'll have to take you under my wing. lol

big_fletch
12th April 2011, 11:07 PM

Ohhh Shagadelic, YEAH BABY YEAH!!! LMFAO

big_fletch
12th April 2011, 11:09 PM

I can't help it, his threads are addictive lol...

Bigrig
12th April 2011, 11:10 PM

Good lad Fletch ... Rossco will have you wearing dresses and painting it pink whilst saying "it's all just in good fun"!!!! LMFAO!!!

DX grunt
12th April 2011, 11:13 PM
Good lad Fletch ... Rossco will have you wearing dresses and painting it pink whilst saying "it's all just in good fun"!!!! LMFAO!!!

Stop ganging up on me you two. I'm over here, in the sticks, all by my lonesome. My troll stays white, thank you very much. lol

Apparentlly rumour has it, one concrete company over here painted one guy's truck pink, as a joke, while he was on holidays and they bosses liked it that much, they changed the whole fleet to pink. lol

Oops, sorry Fletcha. Hijacked it again.

big_fletch
12th April 2011, 11:13 PM

Haha good luck with that, I only paint in purple!! LMFAO

Bigrig
12th April 2011, 11:17 PM
Stop ganging up on me you two. I'm over here, in the sticks, all by my lonesome. My troll stays white, thank you very much. lol

Apparentlly rumour has it, one concrete company over here painted one guy's truck pink, as a joke, while he was on holidays and they bosses liked it that much, they changed the whole fleet to pink. lol

We still love ya mate (in a strictly forum based, manly, non unmanly, manly as, very manly, with no unmanly intentions, kind of way!!). LOL!!

big_fletch
12th April 2011, 11:18 PM

Nah all good mate, u did a little hijack but I will allow it because it was a funny as sh!t post lol..
Woulda been a shock for that bloke when he came in for work Monday morning lol

big_fletch
12th April 2011, 11:19 PM
We still love ya mate (in a strictly forum based, manly, non unmanly, manly as, very manly, with no unmanly intentions, kind of way!!). LOL!!

I second Scotty, and in exactly the same way he wrote it LOL

Finly Owner
12th April 2011, 11:20 PM
Well Fletch, I'm going out on a limb. With gold paint, black plastic parts I reckon a med metallic blue would look really nice.

Bigrig
12th April 2011, 11:21 PM
Well Fletch, I'm going out on a limb. With gold paint, black plastic parts I reckon a med metallic blue would look really nice.

Now we're talking ... the right shade would look sh!t hot ...

big_fletch
12th April 2011, 11:22 PM

Yer I kinda had a blue of some sort in mind, didn't think of a metallic though... Damn good idea though seeing as the gold is metallic

Bigrig
12th April 2011, 11:27 PM
Yeah all gold would be a bad look. Maroon or dark green underbody should look ok though.

Maroon would work for sure considering it was a Patrol colour scheme (my brothers 94 Ti is the two tone gold on maroon and looks a treat).

big_fletch
12th April 2011, 11:29 PM
Yes I think I am moving towards the reds or blues, the idea is growing on me more lol

timbar
12th April 2011, 11:33 PM
they are all the same colour till you wash the mud off ...hahahahahahahahahaha

big_fletch
12th April 2011, 11:37 PM
they are all the same colour till you wash the mud off ...hahahahahahahahahaha

Haha true true, I think this is more of a 'cause I can' thing lol

big_fletch
12th April 2011, 11:38 PM
Do it Fletch! And bring your ground mirrors to the meet up so we can all go "wo-ho"!

Nah I just find a rock or a tree stump and flex it up Haha

timbar
12th April 2011, 11:41 PM
Do it Fletch! And bring your ground mirrors to the meet up so we can all go "wo-ho"!

just do it cause u can mate

Finly Owner
12th April 2011, 11:45 PM
Then run matching pin stripe on door strips

big_fletch
12th April 2011, 11:50 PM

Haha maybe, might go a lil to far if I do that lol

Bigrig
13th April 2011, 08:21 AM

I dunno Fletch --- I reckon Tim is onto something here ...

growler2058
13th April 2011, 08:29 AM
What about chrome or stainless.....dunno if they can do that in powdercoat would look pretty bloody BLING tho

Bigrig
13th April 2011, 10:20 AM
What about chrome or stainless.....dunno if they can do that in powdercoat would look pretty bloody BLING tho

Hmmm ... not sure it wouldn't scream out "I'm a w@nker" .... LOL!! Unless you get your teeth done in the same colour also - then you would look very "fifty cents"!!! lmfao

growler2058
13th April 2011, 10:54 AM
Hmmm ... not sure it wouldn't scream out "I'm a w@nker" .... LOL!! Unless you get your teeth done in the same colour also - then you would look very "fifty cents"!!! lmfao

PI22N meself itd look ok if ya had one of those lil disco balls hangin off the rearview mirror tho

Bigrig
13th April 2011, 11:12 AM
PI22N meself itd look ok if ya had one of those lil disco balls hangin off the rearview mirror tho

LOL!!! and some "ho's" hanging out the windows!!!

Bigrig
13th April 2011, 11:13 AM
And maybe a "La Coocaracha" horn and that uber cool front end bouncy suspension that's such a hit in "the hood"!!!! LMFAO

big_fletch
13th April 2011, 12:36 PM
Haha good to see some ideas floating around...
Maybe put some pulsing neon coloured lights underneath, be like fully sick LOL

timbar
13th April 2011, 12:39 PM
and santa on the roof hhahahahahahahahahahahah only at christmas time u can have easter bunny at easter hahahahaha

timbar
13th April 2011, 12:41 PM
gone a bit off topic i think lol

big_fletch
13th April 2011, 12:47 PM
gone a bit off topic i think lol

Just a lil I reckon... To many good ideas rumbling around in peoples heads LMFAO

Dark 1
13th April 2011, 07:53 PM
What about a copper or bronze colour.
Just had a look at mals thread & love the red painted HH.

big_fletch
13th April 2011, 07:55 PM
What about a copper or bronze colour.
Just had a look at mals thread & love the red painted HH.

Copper or bronze would look good actually..
The red one would look awesome on your troll mate

valtchanova
19th April 2011, 05:39 AM
Whatever you do - don't go for white. Our Patrol came in white - it's still white, but will change it into something less demanding soon. It looks good in snow and mud, but that's only for 3 months a year and we're the only white ship in the group we go out with, so we get a lot of jokes along color lines. Funny this - I always thought color doesn't make much of a difference once we're all covered in mud, but seems that's not the case.