PDA

View Full Version : 4.2 carby vac hose

Tr00per
18th March 2016, 03:35 PM
May someone tell me which vac hose goes where please
My car is fluctuating I have it to idle with out stalling eg at lights ext
I have replaced the fuel filter New hoses and vac hoses..
Thanks

threedogs
18th March 2016, 04:31 PM
Hi mate, might get a better response if you post up an intro
instead of asking for advice first, no harm done just being polite and all that.
As for you problem have search there were some pics recenty of an engine bay
you could copy off

dom14
18th March 2016, 05:24 PM
Well........you need to post at least one picture to show us how you connected the vacuum lines and also let us know what is the problem you're having now as well in bit more detail.

As for the vacuum lines, you should be able to use below thread. The diagram on top right corner is from TB42 carby model.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?34104-RB30-Patrol-vacuum-diagram

GQ TANK
22nd March 2016, 08:30 AM
Do a search on this forum as i posted picture about 6 months ago.

The idle issue most likely wont be caused by the vacume hoses.

1 loose bottom part of the carby -remove air cleaner and see if there is any movement of the carby. If so remove carby, turn it over and tighten the 3 large screws - refitt carby

2 - a crack in the exhaust pipe just below the flange or loose exhaust / exhaust leak - will also cause lack of power and back fire

3 - carby is gunked up and needs a rebuild - sometimes spraying carby cleaner into the carby has fixed theproblem. More commen if you are running lpg

dom14
23rd March 2016, 12:13 AM
As GQ TANK explained above, TB42 and RB30 carbys are notorious for developing issues after years of use, especially with LPG converted ones.
Carby rebuild is a good idea.
Since RB30 and TB42 carbies are practically identical, I suggest follow my threads about carby rebuilding. All the information are up-to-date and many experienced forum members have contributed to those threads. Not playing my own trumpet, but those threads are great 'cos I added heaps of photos and there're more to come. :)