PDA

View Full Version : Gu diesel lift pump

Dannyboyz
17th March 2016, 06:43 AM
Hi all, I serviced the TD42 last night and after replacing the fuel filter on the bottom of the lift pump, she seemed to be starving for fuel. After checking a few things I noticed that the button on top of the lift pump would suck itself down a few seconds after starting the engine, I'm guessing that the pump is knackered but just checking that I haven't done something wrong? Any help would be much appreciated!

threedogs
17th March 2016, 07:03 AM
bumped for further info

mudski
17th March 2016, 04:01 PM
Remove the in and out lines and blow through the inlet line. There should be some resistance but not a lot. What brand and part number filter did you use? Was it doing this prior the filter change? It could be just a simple case of a dodgy or incorrect filter....

Dannyboyz
17th March 2016, 04:32 PM
Hey mate, it is a RYCO R2132P, the filter and pump assembly is leftover from the original 2.8 as I put the TD42 into this my wagon, I rang today to get a price on a new lift pump and the guy asked what the inlet and outlet sizes are as there is a few different ones, which raises another question, are the 2.8 sizes right for the 4.2? It's been like it for 6 years now so Id say it's not bad but wondering if it could be better

mudski
18th March 2016, 02:59 PM
Thats CAV filter. From memory thats no even oem for the 2.8.
Was it doing this prior the filter change?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Dannyboyz
18th March 2016, 03:07 PM
Na mate, like I said it's been like it for 6 years, heaps of filter changes with no problems, I know nothing about them, it was just what was in the engine bay when I put TD42 in so I plumbed it up

Bush Ranger
18th March 2016, 06:16 PM
Try bleeding the fuel through again, to see if that solves the problem.

mudski
18th March 2016, 07:46 PM
I think you might have either a blocked filter or maybe an air lock in it maybe.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Dannyboyz
18th March 2016, 08:58 PM
Thank you for your suggestions, I'll pick up another new filter tomorrow and try bleeding it up again, see how it goes

mudski
18th March 2016, 09:16 PM
Losen the outlet hose and bleed until all air is out. The filter is Ryco brand? It odd if the filter is faulty but who knows.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk