PDA

View Full Version : Radiator to suit MQ patrol?

TDR
12th April 2011, 09:41 PM
hey guys, ive just bought myself a patrol last week, so bare with me as i dont know much.

I also managed to convinced the misses to trade her sierra for a SWB MQ patrol ;) ... only to get it home today and find its loosing water through a pin hole in the bottom of the radiator :1087:

i cant find any second hand radiators in SA so looks like it might have to be brand new

Im looking at new radiators on the net and they're around the $400 mark..which has made me think

Is there any other radiators that fit straight in other than MQ radiators? or from different cars that need minor modification? (looking to do this on the cheap cheap)

also in the meantime is there a way i can fix the hole without running chemiweld through the whole cooling system?

cheers

Finly Owner
13th April 2011, 12:47 AM
Ok approx $380.00 for new MQ radiator so you are getting close to right price on Ebay. What engine are you running?

TDR
13th April 2011, 05:38 PM
2.8 petrol, apparently there's no 2nd hand radiators in all of Australia according to one wrecker:rolleyes:

Finly Owner
13th April 2011, 10:13 PM
2.8 petrol, apparently there's no 2nd hand radiators in all of Australia according to one wrecker:rolleyes:
He's full of it then. It is true it's hard to find a good 2nd hand one, but they are around. I have one and sorry it's not for sale. But I bought the one in "Finly" from Hot Spot Radiators in Beenleigh.

TDR
14th April 2011, 06:21 PM
ended up paying a radiator guy to fix the leak, he came to us and took about 3 hours, welded the hole replaced a couple of hoses chucked some decent coolant in $200

growler2058
14th April 2011, 06:24 PM
Good 1 mate, would probably pay to get it pressure tested

Finly Owner
14th April 2011, 11:14 PM
ended up paying a radiator guy to fix the leak, he came to us and took about 3 hours, welded the hole replaced a couple of hoses chucked some decent coolant in $200any warranty on his work? just wondering....

Tim

timbar
15th April 2011, 01:56 AM
Good 1 mate, would probably pay to get it pressure tested

yeah good stuff

TDR
15th April 2011, 02:05 PM
3 months warranty

Finly Owner
15th April 2011, 09:52 PM
3 months warranty
Well at least his workmanship is covered for ya. So not bad price all considered

Tim

MQ MAD
17th April 2011, 09:07 AM
$200 they come to you , work a few hours,replace a few hoses and warrant their work
Thats a good price in todays world

The problem with wreckers lately is not many stock the old stuff anymore
Most CBF getting of there ring to help someone out unless theres a few bucks in it for them