PDA

View Full Version : OME 2" lift castor correction kit

rusty00
8th March 2016, 10:10 PM
How important is the castor correction kit when doing a 2" lift using OME suspension or any other products?

Rock Trol
8th March 2016, 10:31 PM
I have the castor correction bushes with my 2 inch EFS lift and the car steers as well as it did with the stock height. Not sure what it would be like without it. Lots of people say its not needed with the 2 inch lift but I am happy to have it installed. The bushes came with the EFS kit.

BigRAWesty
8th March 2016, 11:59 PM
Without was sketchy as..
Really touchy and at times felt like I was fighting the car..
Correction in and hands free driving..
Huge difference..
I'd get it regardless..

Clunk
9th March 2016, 02:03 AM
Didn't fit castor correction on my old gq when I fitted the lift kit and had no issues. In saying that, I do have castor correction in my current GQ but ony coz the previous owner had it done.

lucus30
9th March 2016, 08:40 AM
I didn't with my OME kit steering is fairly light now I've thought about putting it in but have grown used to it

lhurley
9th March 2016, 09:28 AM
I don't have caster correction in with my OME 2" lift and it does like to drive a little like a trolly with a bung wheel, not to bad but should be done. It's by no means a bad car to drive, just need to be paying attention

rusty00
9th March 2016, 09:53 AM
So all the GU's from 99 to current have the same front end setups?

Thanks for all the great information.
Will be installing the kit this weekend

BigRAWesty
9th March 2016, 11:12 AM
So all the GU's from 99 to current have the same front end setups?

Thanks for all the great information.
Will be installing the kit this weekend
From what I can tell the only difference from my 99 diff to my 08 diff is the addition of the abs lines and sensors and the second brake line o the drivers side..

rusty00
9th March 2016, 01:00 PM
Next question,
What tricks are needed for replacing the castor bushes?
The instructions seem to be straight forward.

BigRAWesty
9th March 2016, 01:34 PM
A decent press..
Easy enough to install if you have the equipment to do it..

rusty00
9th March 2016, 02:34 PM
Cool have the equipment so all good.
Looks easy enough.

garett
9th March 2016, 07:35 PM
clean the threads with a wire brush ... that was a 6 hr mistake ....

rusty00
9th March 2016, 07:58 PM
Lift kit installed.
It drives really well without the castor kit, but will install over the weekend.
I thought the lift would have allowed the front mud flaps to be put back on, not the case.
There is only 20mm between the wheel and inner flare, might have to cut a section of flare off to stop it catching when at flex or tyre compressed at the front.

Clunk
9th March 2016, 08:07 PM
Lift kit installed.
It drives really well without the castor kit, but will install over the weekend.
I thought the lift would have allowed the front mud flaps to be put back on, not the case.
There is only 20mm between the wheel and inner flare, might have to cut a section of flare off to stop it catching when at flex or tyre compressed at the front.

radius arm spacers will fix that, get some for when you do your castor correction

jay see
10th March 2016, 11:31 AM
My kit came with the castor correction, some say its not really needed, but if you can fit them it all helps keeping everything in line.

mudski
10th March 2016, 07:33 PM
Lift kit installed.
If you wanna sell your front mud flaps let me know. Im looking for some.
And i have a set of new radius arm spacers too here if you want....
Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

rusty00
10th March 2016, 08:51 PM
Will keep the flaps, want to put them back on.
Can you send a pic of the spacers, not sure what they are.
Pm me a price please.

mudski
10th March 2016, 09:19 PM
Will keep the flaps, want to put them back on.
Can you send a pic of the spacers, not sure what they are.
Pm me a price please.

See link for what they are.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Suits-Nissan-Patrol-Radius-Arm-Spacer-Washer-GQ-GU-with-Front-Coils-2-Lift-/121872325141?hash=item1c60281a15:g:orkAAOSw5dNWocr i
They basically push the radius arms forward so the tyre doesn't hit the guard. I bought them and never bothered to fit them.
$30 posted if you want them.

rusty00
10th March 2016, 09:33 PM
Just need to check the distance, but will grab them off you. PM me your bank details.
The ebay add reads
It is recommended that you check the clearance from your diff to your panhard rod before and after fitting these Spacers. The Panhard Rod and Diff Centre run very close on some GU models depending on other suspension work that has been done on the vehicle. Pushing the diff forward with these spacers can result in the panhard rod making contact with teh diff or the front of the radius arm, affecting the articulation of the panhard rod, which can place additional stress on the panhard welds and brackets, leading to premature failure.

rusty00
21st March 2016, 04:32 PM
Deposit paid to your account Mark.

See link for what they are.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Suits-Nissan-Patrol-Radius-Arm-Spacer-Washer-GQ-GU-with-Front-Coils-2-Lift-/121872325141?hash=item1c60281a15:g:orkAAOSw5dNWocr i
They basically push the radius arms forward so the tyre doesn't hit the guard. I bought them and never bothered to fit them.
$30 posted if you want them.