PDA

View Full Version : 4WD Action, a bunch of cowboys.

Winnie
8th March 2016, 06:44 PM
http://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/west-coast-tracks-ripped-to-shreds-by-fourwheel-drivers-filming-for-magazine/news-story/9e9510ded389c67fcbff17151ad6e93d

Ben-e-boy
8th March 2016, 06:49 PM
You're only figuring this out now?

the evil twin
8th March 2016, 06:58 PM
EDIT... comment deleted 'cause even replying to a thread about the shitty publications and ethics at EMG pisses me off

I'm going to my happy place....

mudski
8th March 2016, 07:07 PM
Dex Fulton is the editor of the opposition magazine isnt he?
If seen plenty of Balfour track footage and what they did didnt seem out of the norm to me.
The only way to get through the bog holes of the Balfour is at high speed. Like every other video i have seen.
Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

taslucas
8th March 2016, 07:16 PM
Dex Fulton is the editor of the opposition magazine isnt he?
If seen plenty of Balfour track footage and what they did didnt seem out of the norm to me.
The only way to get through the bog holes of the Balfour is at high speed. Like every other video i have seen.
Last time they did Balfour track (a few years ago) it was water over the bonnet and don't go faster than the wake. Then had to winch across a flat lame bit of clay.

>>>tappin from tassie

mudski
8th March 2016, 07:20 PM
Track depth can change in a week, or from a few 4bys with massive rubber. Happens here all the time on local tracks here.

rusty_nail
8th March 2016, 07:42 PM
Track depth can change in a week, or from a few 4bys with massive rubber. Happens here all the time on local tracks here.

same around here

Sir Roofy
8th March 2016, 07:52 PM
track depth can change in a week, or from a few 4bys with massive rubber. Happens here all the time on local tracks here.

Sent from my sm-p600 using tapatalk

its been happening ever since sunraiser rims came on the market they just get bigger

taslucas
8th March 2016, 07:59 PM

The trick in the Balfour area and most the west is that where the water sits there's usually a hard bottom. The black bog stuff is different ofcourse.
But yeah I haven't seen their footage

>>>tappin from tassie

mudski
8th March 2016, 08:05 PM
The trick in the Balfour area and most the west is that where the water sits there's usually a hard bottom. The black bog stuff is different ofcourse.
But yeah I haven't seen their footage

>>>tappin from tassie
I only watched the vid last week. Yeah they hit it hard, only to try and get through it. The first two guys didn't make it. The third guy did and he was on 37's in a supercharged LS. I think this is just a case of a tree hugger not liking what they saw, and this other bloke thought he'd use this to put some shit on the opposition who make a far better vid.
Ive watched heaps of vids from these guys and i very much doubt it was their intention to just go out and rip up a track.

taslucas
8th March 2016, 08:27 PM
Ironically it sounds like it's not the "tree huggers" that want to limit tracks that have found it an issue, it's the 4wders that want to keep tracks open that have the issue about bad practices shown. But as far as I'm aware, the Balfour track has never been up for review. It's basically three main tracks south of sandy Cape (that you can only get to by driving some pretty good 4wd tracks first).

>>>tappin from tassie

mudski
8th March 2016, 09:15 PM
Ironically it sounds like it's not the "tree huggers" that want to limit tracks that have found it an issue, it's the 4wders that want to keep tracks open that have the issue about bad practices shown. But as far as I'm aware, the Balfour track has never been up for review. It's basically three main tracks south of sandy Cape (that you can only get to by driving some pretty good 4wd tracks first).

>>>tappin from tassie
Yeah my choice in the people complaining is prolly not the best...

I would like to see a 4wd do the same spot they did without doing it at speed. Even the 80 that was an absolute animal looked like he was gonna sink.
Any 4wder knows a track with bog needs momentum to get through.

Winnie
8th March 2016, 09:41 PM
Hasn't Mt Balfour track been closed for years?

taslucas
9th March 2016, 05:40 AM
Hasn't Mt Balfour track been closed for years?
I'm not sure if there's a Mt Balfour track? I'm pretty sure they're talking about the Balfour track (no Mt). The pics on Facebook are definitely that track and it's never been closed.

>>>tappin from tassie

taslucas
9th March 2016, 05:47 AM
Not sure if this will work but this is the start of the Balfour track coming from the Western Explorer road going through to Temma.

Dropped pin

https://goo.gl/maps/Zw9P1hSudyk

>>>tappin from tassie

Winnie
9th March 2016, 06:40 AM
Not sure if this will work but this is the start of the Balfour track coming from the Western Explorer road going through to Temma.

Dropped pin

https://goo.gl/maps/Zw9P1hSudyk

>>>tappin from tassie
Reading the comments on fb (dangerous I know) apparently there is a Mt Balfour track which has been closed for 6 years and these guys drove it.

taslucas
9th March 2016, 07:09 AM
Reading the comments on fb (dangerous I know) apparently there is a Mt Balfour track which has been closed for 6 years and these guys drove it.
Ahhhhh... The couple of pics definitely just look like Balfour track. I've not heard of Mt Balfour but there's plenty I don't know down there. Are the fb people from tassie?

>>>tappin from tassie

GU CAMPER
9th March 2016, 07:12 AM
Yeah there is a Mt Balfour track

And it has been closed for years

mudski
9th March 2016, 07:14 AM
If thats true these guys might be in a whole lot of poo then. But the footage of them going up the track didnt look like a track that hadnt been driven on for 6 years. Surely if it was closed there would have been signage. If a trackmis closed in Tassie Lucas do they have any sort of signs or a gate?

macca
9th March 2016, 07:40 AM
This is doing the rounds on social media, going to hurt us that tread lightly.
Frustrated by the actions of a few that make those that don't know think all 4WD vehicles are driven like that.
Had a club trip recently and it took a week to getting around to cleaning it, it was parked in my shed fortunately.
Some would see it and think I was a vandal in the bush, in truth we were in 2WD on sealed / graded roads on Saturday morning getting to our destination when it rained.
Just looked bad I guess

threedogs
9th March 2016, 08:17 AM
They didnt have to go through it as the track to the left was perfectly fine.
so yes they only carved up the track to get some good footage.
Not a great way to promote "tread Lightly" or the cause of track closures down it Tassie
Dont buy the Mag any more, since Pat was editor I think

BillsGU
9th March 2016, 08:34 AM
I subscribed to their magazine almost since it was first published (called 4WD Monthly or some such then), but I haven’t bought one for the last couple of years. I found that the mag was getting repetitive and boring and the DVDs (which started out informative and interesting) are all about who can piss the furthest. I guess it makes for footage that some want to see – but it puts the wrong message into the minds of the mindless. The thing that really irks me is the idea that you can tow a caravan or a trailer “anywhere”. Guess what – you can’t – and we sometimes see the result of these follies here in the High Country. It’s OK for them when they turn up to work on a Monday morning and put in a claim to get all the damage to their vehicles sorted out. It’s different for some youngster who thinks he can do the same and then finds his 4by off the road for months.

Chubba
9th March 2016, 08:37 AM
I only watched the vid last week. Yeah they hit it hard, only to try and get through it. The first two guys didn't make it. The third guy did and he was on 37's in a supercharged LS. I think this is just a case of a tree hugger not liking what they saw, and this other bloke thought he'd use this to put some shit on the opposition who make a far better vid.
Ive watched heaps of vids from these guys and i very much doubt it was their intention to just go out and rip up a track.

This world is all about perceptions and if the average Joe Public perceives that kind of thing as normal 4wding and these Videos do that, then we're f@$&ed and more areas will be closed to us.

taslucas
9th March 2016, 08:48 AM
Yeah there is a Mt Balfour track

And it has been closed for years
Where is it Andy? Is it a dead end off shoot from the Balfour?

Have you watched the footage yet? Did you end up doing the Balfour yet?

>>>tappin from tassie

threedogs
9th March 2016, 08:57 AM
If its one way and sort of flooded though tea tree country to a hut named after a guy who was killed
then the show "Off Road Adventure" have done it ,The bald dude in the 60s and his mate in a Defender

taslucas
9th March 2016, 09:23 AM
I think this may be the track. It looks like it links the Western Explorer to Balfour track. I wonder if it's open now?
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/03/141.jpg

>>>tappin from tassie

Clunk
9th March 2016, 09:48 AM
So who's actually watched the whole dvd instead of the tiny little bit shown in the preview. So many assumptions and not enough fact

Hodge
9th March 2016, 09:52 AM
I watched the whole thing and honestly what's different to a lot of other dvds and trips they do ???
Have the DVD here. 65385

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

the evil twin
9th March 2016, 10:00 AM
So who's actually watched the whole dvd instead of the tiny little bit shown in the preview. So many assumptions and not enough fact

Unfortunately facts won't save anyone or anything, Cobber.
As prev posted by others it is totally about perception and the 'anti-4WD brigade' will be all over it.
There was absolutely no need for the activity in the Vids.
It isn't about who can make it or how hard you have to smash the challenge to get to the other side.
It is about the footage showing a whole shitload of bog cutup for no reason other than to sell mags.

I'm not disputing the techniques needed to get thru if there is a genuine reason and someone has to get to the other side.
For a highlights or a promo of a cretinous magazine I would totally dispute the 'need' to do it, video it, promote it and sell it.
They did it to sell the Mag, they DID NOT do it to promote responsible 4WDing

Rossco
9th March 2016, 10:22 AM
I remember watching one of their dvds years ago where they were doing a river crossing on the Wonnongatta. One of the unnamed guys (in a hacked up old 40 series) drove up the bank that was barley a track and triple winched straight up the bank. Left it a mess, and said that the camera crew and other vehicles had to make a major detour to join up, where it was quite obvious the main track was just off screen and a prefectly good crossing. This put me of these guys, also they (or inparticular one member) carry on like that then give their speel on "greenies" but is quite ambarrasing really to someone who both loves 4wding and the environment.

Having said that there are some good guys, i like greame (think that's his name) and his shorty - being a GQ td42 is a bonus.

taslucas
9th March 2016, 10:30 AM
I watched the whole thing and honestly what's different to a lot of other dvds and trips they do ???
Have the DVD here. 65385

I have a DVD named the same and I swear it even looks like the same cover but from about three years ago

>>>tappin from tassie

GU CAMPER
9th March 2016, 11:06 AM
Where is it Andy? Is it a dead end off shoot from the Balfour? Have you watched the footage yet? Did you end up doing the Balfour yet? >>>tappin from tassie Yeah it's off the Balfour track. Not sure if it links back to western explorer rd
Haven't seen video yet just pics. The pics I've seen look like just the Balfour track Doing Balfour track next week

GU CAMPER
9th March 2016, 11:10 AM
If its one way and sort of flooded though tea tree country to a hut named after a guy who was killed then the show "Off Road Adventure" have done it ,The bald dude in the 60s and his mate in a Defender They only did Balfour track and then up to the old town of Balfour They Didn't go up mt Balfour

My camper featured on that show when they were at Strahan

Throbbinhood
9th March 2016, 11:11 AM
Granted I haven't seen the DVD, but nothing I've seen in the preview was particularly bad. Sure, if they've gone on tracks they shouldn't have then that's a problem - but if the worst of their driving is on the previews then there isn't one of us who isn't guilty of the same thing. To say otherwise would mean that you literally winch every piece of track ever, or never go wheeling in the wet. Once again, I haven't seen the DVD, only the preview, and if the DVD shows otherwise then I'm happy to stand corrected.

Chubba
9th March 2016, 11:44 AM
I remember watching one of their dvds years ago where they were doing a river crossing on the Wonnongatta. One of the unnamed guys (in a hacked up old 40 series) drove up the bank that was barley a track and triple winched straight up the bank. Left it a mess, and said that the camera crew and other vehicles had to make a major detour to join up, where it was quite obvious the main track was just off screen and a prefectly good crossing. This put me of these guys, also they (or inparticular one member) carry on like that then give their speel on "greenies" but is quite ambarrasing really to someone who both loves 4wding and the environment.

Having said that there are some good guys, i like greame (think that's his name) and his shorty - being a GQ td42 is a bonus.

Agree with everything you said except for the last bit about shorty and that dickhead who drives it.

Clunk
9th March 2016, 11:58 AM
Granted I haven't seen the DVD, but nothing I've seen in the preview was particularly bad. Sure, if they've gone on tracks they shouldn't have then that's a problem - but if the worst of their driving is on the previews then there isn't one of us who isn't guilty of the same thing. To say otherwise would mean that you literally winch every piece of track ever, or never go wheeling in the wet. Once again, I haven't seen the DVD, only the preview, and if the DVD shows otherwise then I'm happy to stand corrected.
My sentiments exactly

taslucas
9th March 2016, 12:20 PM
Rooost it up boys!!!

I also like cutting nuts

>>>tappin from tassie

threedogs
9th March 2016, 12:21 PM

some might say un australian

threedogs
9th March 2016, 12:25 PM

Yes we have all done it and some continue to do it but by joining a club you are taught to tred lightly
and I think through education we should all continue to Tred lightly,Im talking 20-30 yrs ago

katwoman
9th March 2016, 12:54 PM
We watched the DVD two days ago, and yes they probably went a bit harder than nessesary, but that's 'good' TV. They could of taken the chicken track, but the camera car was bogged there. A complete over reaction.. We watch them only to pick shit out of their methods. How many of those that watch them, actually go and do those trips ?

Rossco
9th March 2016, 01:29 PM
Agree with everything you said except for the last bit about shorty and that dickhead who drives it.
Yeah fair enough. Rarely watch them now, the last one i watched my mum & Dad got me for chrissy from the bargain bin. He doesn't seem bad from the few I've seen, doesnt give me the irrates like a certain someone else that's for sure. . .

Clunk
9th March 2016, 01:33 PM
Yeah fair enough. Rarely watch them now, the last one i watched my mum & Dad got me for chrissy from the bargain bin. He doesn't seem bad from the few I've seen, doesnt give me the irrates like a certain someone else that's for sure. . .
Ive met him a few times at the 4wd show over here, seemed like a pretty down to earth chap to be honest

taslucas
9th March 2016, 01:36 PM
Ive met him a few times at the 4wd show over here, seemed like a pretty down to earth chap to be honest
He strikes me as a real life Russell quiot

>>>tappin from tassie

Clunk
9th March 2016, 01:41 PM

>>>tappin from tassie
Hahahahahahaha well you could be right

taslucas
9th March 2016, 02:18 PM
There was an episode where greame went somewhere in the great Australian bight with a couple of lads and it is so classic Russell. Totally worth a watch

>>>tappin from tassie

Chubba
9th March 2016, 02:44 PM

I'm sure if we met all the blokes for a beer they would be good company. I don't think it's about that. It's what they do to promote their mag and the perception they generate to the non 4wders out there that all anyone with a 4wd dose is go out there bush bashing. With governments and councils and all the other groups trying to close off areas we need the support of average Joe Blow and if he thinks we're all a bunch of hicks we have no hope.

mudski
9th March 2016, 04:05 PM
They didnt have to go through it as the track to the left was perfectly fine.
so yes they only carved up the track to get some good footage.
Not a great way to promote "tread Lightly" or the cause of track closures down it Tassie
Dont buy the Mag any more, since Pat was editor I think

If you want to "tread lightly". IMO, you don't attempt a track like the Balfour. This track is renowned for drowning cars.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=65390&stc=1

Rossco
9th March 2016, 04:09 PM

>>>tappin from tassie
Yeah i reckon. Thought that myself. . . Not a bad thing Coightys a legend! !

threedogs
9th March 2016, 04:20 PM
If you want to "tread lightly". IMO, you don't attempt a track like the Balfour. This track is renowned for drowning cars.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=65390&stc=1

Regardless of any signage its always tread lighty except for the cowboys
You can only drive to conditions at hand

Clunk
9th March 2016, 05:57 PM
Regardless of any signage its always tread lighty except for the cowboys
You can only drive to conditions at hand
I've just watched the DVD and IMO that's what they did through the Balfour Track, that little piece you said earlier about driving around the bog on the side track..... well that's what they did and the camera crew cars were bogged on it.

I'm not sticking up for anyone on the mag or the mag itself but before making judgments make sure you have the full story.
There's been plenty of vids that have been uploaded by members on here showing much spinning of wheels getting through bogholes or up ruts etc etc etc........ We've all done it to some extent

Hodge
9th March 2016, 06:03 PM
Response from Shaun Whale from 4WD Action on Faceache.

"Recently, we shot a DVD in Tassie where we tackled the Balfour Track like so many other 4WDers do.A lot of greenies, and unfortunately other so-called 4WDers, have come out criticizing us for how we drove the track; but I want to set the record straight.
Firstly, at no point have I or anyone from 4WD Action been contacted by the Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife Service regarding our trip to this region.
No tracks we drove were signposted as closed.
We even had two local Tassie guides with us.
That means that the people who are being so critical of us, are basing everything on rumour and gossip.
The Mercury newspaper in Tasmania who attacked 4WD Action regarding the way we drove the Balfour Track is well known as being anti-4WDer, and pro-green.
The two main people who have been so critical of us – Dex Fulton from Unsealed 4x4 and David Luke from Unlock Australia – are both ex-4WD Action employees who seem to hold a grudge, and are using this situation for what appears to be their own grubby benefit, and not what’s best for the 4WD community.
Apart from doing a lot of talking what have Unlock Australia actually achieved? They’ve taken 4WDers hard earned money, and have NOTHING to show for it.
4WD Action has a proven track record. With your help, we led the fight to overturn VSI 50 and anti-bullbar legislation. We’re out there fighting for Aussie 4WDers, and we will continue to do so.
Let the DVD speak for itself - check out issue 247, Tassie’s Wild West Coast, and make up your own mind.
- Shaun Whale

"

taslucas
9th March 2016, 06:22 PM
Using the term "greenies" really sh!ts me.
Basically: "you don't agree with me about the environment, you must be a bloody greenie" should I say back: you're not a greenie so you must be a bogan redneck? No, I don't say that back because the world isn't black and white.
(slight side track rant! Lol)

>>>tappin from tassie

taslucas
9th March 2016, 06:24 PM
I've just watched the DVD and IMO that's what they did through the Balfour Track, that little piece you said earlier about driving around the bog on the side track..... well that's what they did and the camera crew cars were bogged on it.

Going around a bog hole does more damage to the environment than going straight through. Because then the bog hole gets wider and wider. It's the same problem they have with walking tracks.

>>>tappin from tassie

growler2058
9th March 2016, 06:26 PM
Using the term "greenies" really sh!ts me.
Basically: "you don't agree with me about the environment, you must be a bloody greenie" should I say back: you're not a greenie so you must be a bogan redneck? No, I don't say that back because the world isn't black and white.
(slight side track rant! Lol)

>>>tappin from tassie

Yeah instead of greenie it should be "tree huggin tea totting chardonnay sipping skull f#$K

the evil twin
9th March 2016, 06:41 PM
Response from Shaun Whale from 4WD Action on Faceache.

"snip... With your help, we led the fight to overturn VSI 50 and anti-bullbar legislation. We’re out there fighting for Aussie 4WDers, and we will continue to do so.

- Shaun Whale

Yet more TOTAL BULLSHIT from 4WD Action... they 'led' sweet FA.
Indeed they piled in and made it so confrontational that it almost totally negated the efforts of representative bodies attempting to sort out the regulation changes.

Shaun Whale and his poxy mag DO NOT represent me or my views... and as I am not a disgruntled ex-employee he can piss off and figure out how to spin that...:sterb003:

taslucas
9th March 2016, 06:55 PM
Yeah instead of greenie it should be "tree huggin tea totting chardonnay sipping skull f#$K
And that's coming from a pencil pushn clipboard swingin safety boy!

>>>tappin from tassie

growler2058
9th March 2016, 07:14 PM
And that's coming from a pencil pushn clipboard swingin safety boy!

>>>tappin from tassie

Nah mate im at the coalface

Edit: Frontline in Rhodesia with medals n all

taslucas
9th March 2016, 07:19 PM
Nah mate im at the coalface

Edit: Frontline in Rhodesia with medals n all
It takes big courage to serve for your country

>>>tappin from tassie

growler2058
9th March 2016, 08:12 PM
It takes big courage to serve for your country

>>>tappin from tassie

I did it for the trees maaaaannnn

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

nissannewby
9th March 2016, 08:19 PM
As much as I dont like 4wdA they are amateur cowboys compared to those 2 guys from all for adventure...

Wizard52
10th March 2016, 05:44 PM

>>>tappin from tassie

Exactly what I thought.

mudski
11th March 2016, 08:41 AM

>>>tappin from tassie

Haha! Now if he done a 4wd vid that would be awesome to watch.

taslucas
11th March 2016, 09:19 AM
Haha! Now if he done a 4wd vid that would be awesome to watch.
He does! Haven't you seen him extreme off-road in that 70 series? Hahaha

>>>tappin from tassie

taslucas
11th March 2016, 09:32 AM
Honestly though, what do you reckon it would take to petition a new series? Perhaps with a bit more 4wding, fishing etc. Hahaha I'm starting to laugh just thinking about it

>>>tappin from tassie

threedogs
11th March 2016, 09:36 AM
Glenn went to the same high school as I did ,,he was one year under me.
See hi at school reunions now and then

taslucas
11th March 2016, 09:39 AM
Glenn went to the same high school as I did ,,he was one year under me.
See hi at school reunions now and then
I think you mean Russell.... Haha

>>>tappin from tassie

threedogs
11th March 2016, 11:15 AM
I meant if I see him [Glenn} at the next reunion I could state we want more of Russell lol

Wizard52
11th March 2016, 11:23 AM
I meant if I see him [Glenn} at the next reunion I could state we want more of Russell lol

X2............................

bazzaboy
11th March 2016, 11:30 AM
Hands up those who are absolutely perfect, conduct themselves with great thought to others, the environment, and the laws, at all times. Waiting ......... no, that's what I thought. I'm also guilty of all or some of these imperfections. I've been known to tear up a tracks in the past and break a few laws, and even trespass on occasion. Even though I might not agree with some of their methods or choices of locations, I don't think they have actually broken any laws or trespassed on any closed tracks. If you personally don't like them, don't watch their DVD's or buy their mags, but lets not lower the tone of this forum by name calling, as other forums have. I thought this one was a bit better than most.

Bazza

4bye4
11th March 2016, 11:42 AM
Hands up those who are absolutely perfect, conduct themselves with great thought to others, the environment, and the laws, at all times. Waiting ......... no, that's what I thought. I'm also guilty of all or some of these imperfections. I've been known to tear up a tracks in the past and break a few laws, and even trespass on occasion. Even though I might not agree with some of their methods or choices of locations, I don't think they have actually broken any laws or trespassed on any closed tracks. If you personally don't like them, don't watch their DVD's or buy their mags, but lets not lower the tone of this forum by name calling, as other forums have. I thought this one was a bit better that most.

Bazza

Couldn't agree more. This thread has probably done enough, any more comments for ar against different shows/people will not change it. I personally don't like their show antics, so I don't watch it as suggested

taslucas
11th March 2016, 11:54 AM
Russell coight would never do such a thing

>>>tappin from tassie

growler2058
11th March 2016, 01:04 PM
Hands up those who are absolutely perfect, conduct themselves with great thought to others, the environment, and the laws, at all times.
Bazza

http://www.plus.ca/Portals/41615/images/Hands%20up%20small.jpg

Clunk
11th March 2016, 01:27 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

yeah bollox

fixed your door yet?????????????????

Touses
11th March 2016, 01:44 PM
Ok I've got my hand up too! Oh hold on now me Halo's slippin'. Bugger

Wizard52
14th March 2016, 01:29 PM
Agree they are a bunch of cowboys but after watching the DVD, I don't know what all the fuss is about. It is no different to most of their DVDs- just boring watching same old same old stuff. Novelty wears off after seeing same stuff every month and almost identical trucks with same extras with very proud owners ploughing through the same bit of mud or loose sand. The greenies are just trying to exert some muscle in the media if they complain about just this DVD.
The best bit of DVDs is the stuff ups at the end

taslucas
14th March 2016, 01:30 PM
Agree they are a bunch of cowboys but after watching the DVD, I don't know what all the fuss is about. It is no different to most of their DVDs- just boring watching same old same old stuff. Novelty wears off after seeing same stuff every month and almost identical trucks with same extras with very proud owners ploughing through the same bit of mud or loose sand. The greenies are just trying to exert some muscle in the media if they complain about just this DVD.
The best bit of DVDs is the stuff ups at the end
The 4wding group pushing to keep the west coast tracks open aren't greenies.

>>>tappin from tassie

Touses
14th March 2016, 02:36 PM
The latest unsealed 4X4 has an editorial on that particular dvd and the subject in general.
Seems to me the opinion there is about spot on.Don't emulate. Educate!

Irish
15th March 2016, 06:30 AM
Think part of the hullabaloo is that they video'd themselves driving down a closed track.

taslucas
15th March 2016, 09:01 AM
Think part of the hullabaloo is that they video'd themselves driving down a closed track.
I'm not certain it was a closed track though?

>>>tappin from tassie

GU CAMPER
18th March 2016, 06:32 PM
It is definitely a closed track. I was down there on Wednesday. They were on Mt Balfour track which is closed Balfour track is open by permit only. Which they were also on. Not sure if they had a permit for it tho. I don't think they did. Mt Balfour is a track that goes from Balfour track to the western explorer rd There is a closed sign on western explorer sign but it has some bits ripped off it The sign on Balfour track side has been ripped out and the black post it was attached to is still there

mudski
8th April 2016, 11:32 PM
Just watch their next dvd, back in Tassie. The haters will go nuts with this dvd. Lol.

Hodge
9th April 2016, 06:28 AM
Just watch their next dvd, back in Tassie. The haters will go nuts with this dvd. Lol.

Yeah was a watching it before . Love it when the bloke in the dirty 30 says the trick to ease the car out with maxtrax is to slowly idle out. Then proceeds to absolutely hammer it out. Lol

mudski
9th April 2016, 08:15 AM
Yeah he was in a bit deeper and I was thinking a bit more right foot might help with this. Some bloody nice track down there though. Definitely a place on my bucket list.

threedogs
9th April 2016, 08:16 AM
I thought it was a question so my answer is Yes.
Ive known these guys 4WD Monthly since they started
and been to plenty of their award nights. Pat was right to get out out when he did
How many remember Big Balls Off Road with Liam at the Helm.
The Magazine was aimed exclusively at weekend warriors, Big lifts ,,,,big tyres etc
The other mags were aimed at your retiree.
What gave a lot of advertisers the Shites was their DIY sections, on service items
Why advertise you have the best shop with all the latest gear when 4wd action
told you how to do it,, "unAustralian" imo LOL LOL
Thats roofys second BJ 47 the amount on times its been cut ,,patched, new motor
new turbo you name it , Good bloke in the flesh with a beer in his hand but he's
changed heaps over the years, being a self proclaimed celebrity will do that he he

Clunk
9th April 2016, 11:04 AM
What gave a lot of advertisers the Shites was their DIY sections, on service items
Why advertise you have the best shop with all the latest gear when 4wd action
told you how to do it,, "unAustralian" imo LOL LOL

that statement's a bit hypocritical isn't it John? Seeing as only the other day you were saying that instead of someone spending $550 at UFI to have some work done, they could but the gear off Mudski and do the work themselves......... and that isn't the first time

bazzaboy
9th April 2016, 11:39 AM
I'm sick of all the bickering. Regardless that most of it is media, financial, and political correctness driven. If you don't like 4WD Action, Low Range, Pat Callinan, or whoever for whatever reason, don't watch them or buy their magazines! Does anyone think that everyone "bagging" each other actually helps the common cause. I'm sure it does the opposite.

threedogs
9th April 2016, 11:48 AM
I'm sick of all the bickering. Regardless that most of it is media, financial, and political correctness driven. If you don't like 4WD Action, Low Range, Pat Callinan, or whoever for whatever reason, don't watch them or buy their magazines! Does anyone think that everyone "bagging" each other actually helps the common cause. I'm sure it does the opposite.

I dont give a shite one way or another I haven't brought a 4x4 magazine for years
and don't intend to.
I hope this was not directed at me I was not bickering in any shape or form ,just stating
what I know from over the years

threedogs
9th April 2016, 11:54 AM
that statement's a bit hypocritical isn't it John? Seeing as only the other day you were saying that instead of someone spending $550 at UFI to have some work done, they could but the gear off Mudski and do the work themselves......... and that isn't the first time

Not really mate its just one guy trying to save another guy some coin, its not a business
canning another business. You to would like to do it yourself and save a bit of coin , that
Im 100% sure of lol

threedogs
9th April 2016, 11:56 AM

Certainly some wet track down in Tassie thats for sure

the evil twin
9th April 2016, 12:03 PM

I would totally agree except that one of the parties you mention espouses they are THE representative of all Aussie 4WDers and continually wade into political and social issues claiming they represent 'our' values.

They aren't, they don't, and they should bloody well shut up and piss off and devote their time to producing their sub standard overseas mag and products and leave the common interest to pursue the common cause.

Everyone isn't bagging each other... everyone is bagging 1 party and that 1 party is bagging everyone.
Have you noticed the clever spin on their replies?
They have never actually denied in as many words they were on a closed track at any time nor have they acknowledged they shat on several of the core values of responsible 4WD touring and access to public reserves.

Bacho86
9th April 2016, 12:39 PM

X 2 on that mate! It would be much better if they could all get on with just 4wding and camping that we,re interested in and leave all the other political and financial / commercial stuff to others

bazzaboy
9th April 2016, 01:53 PM
I dont give a shite one way or another I haven't brought a 4x4 magazine for years
and don't intend to.
I hope this was not directed at me I was not bickering in any shape or form ,just stating
what I know from over the years

No mate, it wasn't directly directed at you. It was directly at everyone, myself included, but mainly those who do it to gain either media attention or advantage from it. Maybe if we all focused our attention on stopping or catching those morons that rip up camp sites, leave their trash everywhere, or rip open closed gates. I think that would be a more productive start than whining about how other people drive on open tracks ( like their method or not ).

My opinion only, but I'll defend your right to have one too.

AGman
9th April 2016, 02:37 PM
It was the first 4WD action DVD where I skipped to the adds! :(

Irish
9th April 2016, 02:41 PM
Isn't the whole DVD just ads nowadays really?

AGman
9th April 2016, 02:43 PM
Usually its the adds I skip!

mudski
11th April 2016, 05:28 PM
Well for me. I love their mags and their DVD's. I be the black sheep! BAAAAA! Good work guys.! Lol.

threedogs
11th April 2016, 06:22 PM
No mate, it wasn't directly directed at you. It was directly at everyone, myself included, but mainly those who do it to gain either media attention or advantage from it. Maybe if we all focused our attention on stopping or catching those morons that rip up camp sites, leave their trash everywhere, or rip open closed gates. I think that would be a more productive start than whining about how other people drive on open tracks ( like their method or not ).

My opinion only, but I'll defend your right to have one too.

"Stopping rubbish at camp sites" would be great, sick and tired of
rocking up to my favourite campsite only to see it covered in cans, broken bottles
a huge pet hate of mine, whats so hard to take out what you bring in.
Have we become that lazy!!

mudski
11th April 2016, 10:06 PM
"Stopping rubbish at camp sites" would be great, sick and tired of
rocking up to my favourite campsite only to see it covered in cans, broken bottles
a huge pet hate of mine, whats so hard to take out what you bring in.
Have we become that lazy!!
Yep. Our Dargo trip last cup weekend i pulled a large black garbage bag full of rubbish from the river at one of the places we stopped for lunch. Bloody disgusting.

jay see
11th April 2016, 10:15 PM
Yep. Our Dargo trip last cup weekend i pulled a large black garbage bag full of rubbish from the river at one of the places we stopped for lunch. Bloody disgusting.

Yeah, I remember that.
We also had to clean up a camp site when we did the Lucus Toolangi trip last year. Bloody pigs everywhere.

lucus30
11th April 2016, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I remember that.
We also had to clean up a camp site when we did the Lucus Toolangi trip last year. Bloody pigs everywhere.

Yeah I remember that. The campsite was disgusting old tents, chairs and feces everywhere

taslucas
23rd August 2016, 10:56 AM
It looks like they got a smack after all lol....
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-22/arthur-pieman-conservation-area-govts-bid-to-overturn-4wd-ban/7772410?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

>>>tappin from tassie

taslucas
23rd August 2016, 10:58 AM
Or try this
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/Australian-4WD-Action-magazine-cautioned-over-driving-behaviour-while-filming-in-the-Tarkine/news-story/ba78de93ef79bc5628baa7d15af59912

>>>tappin from tassie

threedogs
23rd August 2016, 11:34 AM
Thats one reason why tracks get closed.
EG like the 100s ripping up the track
in Kallen post. No need for it show your
skill in a low low situation. Not doing donuts GRrrrrr

BillsGU
23rd August 2016, 12:21 PM
The TAC is funded by the government so it can challenge the goverment in court. One spokesperson said "we'll keep it up as long as the government does" wrt the court challenge. When the TAC runs out of the goverment's money do they ask for more money from the government so they can continue to challenge the government? (Government money = tax payers money).

taslucas
23rd August 2016, 01:07 PM
The areas driven in the DVD are not closed and have not been closed and aren't on a list of proposed closures.

>>>tappin from tassie

taslucas
23rd August 2016, 01:09 PM
I think 4wda are just nobs really. Is big roothy still parading around like a hard done by matyr?

Edit: I should clarify that it's not anything to do with the driving. Roothy was just too outspoken and angry for me.
>>>tappin from tassie

threedogs
23rd August 2016, 02:15 PM
How many times can you cut a 4x4 in half adding this and that
poor Milo, its had more handles than grand dads axe

taslucas
23rd August 2016, 02:24 PM
Milo: the most winched 4wd ever

>>>tappin from tassie

threedogs
23rd August 2016, 02:30 PM
LMFO Ive met him when it was 4wd monthly, it was at Jeffs shed during the 4x4 show
I was invited to the awards for the Mag , Roothy thought he was G&D, not my cup of tea.
Talking to him he has done everything ,very cluey bloke but,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wizard52
2nd September 2016, 09:58 AM
Had about 6 or 7 mags to read upon return from trip to the west. Noticed mag has less pages now than last year and importantly less advertisers-especially Toyota who have dropped out from their prominent double page spread.
Not surprising other advertisers drop out when the mag is actively selling stuff in direct competition to them via 4WD Supa Centre who also appear desperate with emails daily dropping prices. I would be really pi**ed if I bought something from them to see price less a couple of days later.
I wonder about their long term direction or survival as most in print industry and even free to air T V are going backwards compared on line content.

Winnie
2nd September 2016, 10:19 AM
When Supacentre drop their prices though, the postage cost goes up by the same amount.

mudski
2nd September 2016, 11:02 AM
When Supacentre drop their prices though, the postage cost goes up by the same amount.

Yeah I noticed this, but I found when I looked at their awning attachments Sunday week ago they were one price with free postage. The next day I went to order and it was cheaper but with postage and it worked out dearer per item. I reckon its going to bite them on the backside one day, when no one will advertise in their mag. I'm surprised Berimma Diesel still are, as BD sell those Scan tools for $199 and 4wd SC sell them for under $100.
Edit : Just check, wow, BD now sell them for $99. Thanks to 4wd SC I reckon.
Lucky, the last two times I have renewed my subscription I paid the extra few bux and got one of these scan tools and then sold them on eBay for $180 each with postage, when they were $199. Don't think I will do that any more :(

bazzaboy
2nd September 2016, 11:40 AM
Yeah I noticed this, but I found when I looked at their awning attachments Sunday week ago they were one price with free postage. The next day I went to order and it was cheaper but with postage and it worked out dearer per item. I reckon its going to bite them on the backside one day, when no one will advertise in their mag. I'm surprised Berimma Diesel still are, as BD sell those Scan tools for $199 and 4wd SC sell them for under $100.
Edit : Just check, wow, BD now sell them for $99. Thanks to 4wd SC I reckon.
Lucky, the last two times I have renewed my subscription I paid the extra few bux and got one of these scan tools and then sold them on eBay for $180 each with postage, when they were $199. Don't think I will do that any more :(

Check : EDS are now $89 + no postage cost. Just bought one yesterday.

AGman
2nd September 2016, 03:14 PM
Roothy was just too outspoken and angry for me.
>>>tappin from tassie

You should of read some of his dribble back in his Two Wheels days...he has mellowed heaps.

Hodge
2nd September 2016, 07:58 PM

This is exactly what they have been doing for a very long time. Especially with their draws and the LED lights.
Today price is $100, free postage. Tomorrow it's $80, $20 postage. I get their emails every days.
People must buy their rubbish, otherwise they wouldn't have lasted this long.

Bacho86
3rd September 2016, 08:54 AM
You should of read some of his dribble back in his Two Wheels days...he has mellowed heaps.

I read an email recently saying that he's not doing the new "low range" dvd's anymore either that he set up a couple years ago with "Glenno and Kenno" -- they've replaced him Ernie dingo!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bazzaboy
3rd September 2016, 10:22 AM
I think they've done their costumers a dis-service by not telling everyone that Roothy may not be in any of the season 2 episodes, before selling subscriptions to it. I like the LowRange DVD's. I think that the three of them make a good team and produce an entertaining and quality DVD. But ..... I do think that Roothy is the "glue" that holds it all together. He is the presenter, not the other two.