PDA

View Full Version : Maf sensor clean

Battleready76
8th March 2016, 04:31 PM
Gents
I'm going to have a crack at cleaning my MAF sensor which looks easy enough
But is it necessary/ recommended to diconect battery for a few hours to reset the ECU and what's the benefit of doing this ,,
Cheers

threedogs
8th March 2016, 04:44 PM
Disconnect the battery clean the MAF over a piece of white paper/cloth,,,,,,, allow to dry
then re connect the battery It will reset any values, well thats the theory, seems to work
Few hours is a bit long duration of clean should be enough

threedogs
9th March 2016, 02:13 PM
Any Update on on your cleaning exercise

Battleready76
9th March 2016, 03:10 PM
The clean was easy . I probably never needed to clean it I've only done 27k have catch can fitted and brought the patrol new but curiosity got the better of me so I had to fiddle around .my fuel economy is sitting around 13lt/100 with full length open end roof rack fitted that's a mix of short drives to work 14km round trip and few hundred k's driving on country hwy's without the rack I was down to mid 12lt/100 pretty happy all round seeing its an auto
Cheers for the advice
Threedogs

Sam crowman
4th April 2016, 12:40 PM
Hi I'm having trouble with the bolts holding the Maf assembly into the air hose. The square metal tabs on the nuts is chewing the plastic out. Tried vice grips but can't get decent purchase on them. I've done a bit of damage but nothing I can't fix with some epoxy. Still can't get them undone though

4bye4
4th April 2016, 12:45 PM
Hi I'm having trouble with the bolts holding the Maf assembly into the air hose. The square metal tabs on the nuts is chewing the plastic out. Tried vice grips but can't get decent purchase on them. I've done a bit of damage but nothing I can't fix with some epoxy. Still can't get them undone though

Doesn't sound right - can you post a pic?

threedogs
4th April 2016, 06:43 PM

Have you stripped out the Torq part of the screw and now youre trying vice grips to remove the screws,?
Im thinking not easy outs but screw extractors