PDA

View Full Version : Blew a hose

jcwbute
6th March 2016, 08:36 PM
Hi guys looking for some help from the brains trust on this one I blew a hose today at r/h rear of block on a tb45 and it looks like a real pain to change and would you suggest changing all hoses at same time to be safe and how long if anyone has done it before
Thanks

Get out and get it dirty

MudRunnerTD
6th March 2016, 08:39 PM
Not a bad idea. Keep any old hoses and store them in your rear quarter panel for just incase.

jcwbute
6th March 2016, 08:45 PM
Thanks I'm hoping it is hose and not fitting that comes out of block cracked as I got it home as quick as I could but gauge was pretty hot and she was pinging bad and idle was high so I'm hoping I haven't cooked it

Get out and get it dirty

dom14
7th March 2016, 01:37 AM
Thanks I'm hoping it is hose and not fitting that comes out of block cracked as I got it home as quick as I could but gauge was pretty hot and she was pinging bad and idle was high so I'm hoping I haven't cooked it

Get out and get it dirty

I wouldn't have taken that risk if I'm you. The probablity of cooking the head is not worth that risk.
Pinging was a good indication the fella wasn't happy.
Better off towing the troll.

dom14
7th March 2016, 01:38 AM
Not a bad idea. Keep any old hoses and store them in your rear quarter panel for just incase.

Yeah, that's what I did last time. I keep the old ones as backups.

jcwbute
7th March 2016, 08:46 AM
Just got all the hoses so time to pull it all apart and see if I've cooked it hopefully not might do the tapper adjustment while I'm at it
Anyone know what it should be cold I think I read .35mm or similar

Get out and get it dirty

jcwbute
7th March 2016, 06:24 PM
Thank god all done now and runs good and doesn't get hot but we will see in next few kms I spose if it does or not
Anyone know valve adjustment as tappets are a little noisy

Get out and get it dirty

dom14
10th March 2016, 04:14 AM
Thank god all done now and runs good and doesn't get hot but we will see in next few kms I spose if it does or not
Anyone know valve adjustment as tappets are a little noisy

Get out and get it dirty

Use the Patrol manual mate. The specs should be there. Mine's got lifters, so no need for that.
Long time ago when I was doing it I used a feeler gauge to adjust valve clearance.

jcwbute
10th March 2016, 08:25 PM
Thanks mate got a manual on cd today so will do it this weekend

Get out and get it dirty

dom14
11th March 2016, 02:33 AM
Thanks mate got a manual on cd today so will do it this weekend

Get out and get it dirty

You will need a feeler gauge as well. Buy a one from Bursons or SuperDear Auto. It costs just few dollars. You can download both the Haynes manual & the factory manual for free from here, but you got the CD anyway.