PDA

View Full Version : Replacement exhaust CRD motor

rusty00
6th March 2016, 02:27 PM
For those who have done the exhaust upgrade on the CRD 2007 to 2015, can you please add your experience below.
Type, cost (if you want to share) quality, performance and any issues.
I am also wanting information on the dump pipe size and mating flange configuration.
Some exhausts have a 2-14" dump pipe and others claim to have full 3" dump pipe.
The 2012 model as I have been told has a very hard to get to turbo flange causing problems with dump pipe sizes over 2-14", I do not believe this and hope someone can clarify.........
If over 2-14" they are prone to leak at the flange.

Any help would be great.

the evil twin
6th March 2016, 02:34 PM
If you go the 3 inch dump make sure it is well engineered and fitted.
Otherwise you will have issues with;
Dump Pipe snapping at the flange (very irritating)
or
Sheared/pulled/stretched Turbo studs (very expensive and very irritating)

Hodge
6th March 2016, 02:39 PM
I had a 2 & 3/4 exhaust from Beaudesert on my CRD (2009).
Cost: It was around $1000 from memory.
Quality: Great!!! I've so far had 3 exhausts from there. Navara, Patrol 3.0, and Patrol 4.2. Every time, packaged well, everything lined up perfectly, always threw in extra gaskets and bolts and instructions were excellent.
Fitting: dump pipe at turbo was atrocious to get to on the 3L. Many hours, beer and swear words were consumed during that saga ... Seized bolts etc...
But the rest was a breeze.
Performance: opened her up heaps, but needed Dawes/needle adjusted to accommodate for more boost.

threedogs
6th March 2016, 03:14 PM
Seems the 2.75" is better for the CRD motors Beaudesert are the only sellers of that size I think

Patrol-Guy
6th March 2016, 06:01 PM
I have the 2 3/4 Beaudesert. Dropped the egts by between 50 to 100 deg. Was running 19psi before but had to drop back to 16psi with the next exhaust as it kept over boosting and going into limp mode.

But never a problem since. I had it fitted for me to save all the swearing. Runs a lot better especially with the Dawes needle.

rusty00
6th March 2016, 06:54 PM
Hey PG, what year GU do you have

threedogs
6th March 2016, 07:18 PM
Evn K07 had one fitted,

trekster
6th March 2016, 08:30 PM
Model: 2012 GU8 Patrol
Dump size: 3"
Exhaust: 3"
extra info: High flow cat, High flow muffler
company: Scott's Rods
price: $945

No problems with fitment, Did it myself, Had pyro bung welded in as well, All hangers lined up fine I just had to drop front swaybar off passenger side when installing. Made turbo spool nice and quick, and isn't too loud or droney on the highway. Would I buy it again? Yes.

coiled
6th March 2016, 09:22 PM
I have a stainless Outlaw4x4 exhaust. 2.5in dump into high flow cat and 2.75in back all mandrel bent. $1,050 installed by Right Price Exhausts at Moss St Springwood. Really happy with it and performed very well with Unichip Q4 dyno tune.

Rock Trol
6th March 2016, 10:11 PM
3 inch Pacemaker king Brown exhaust. High quality and fits nicely to the existing attachment points. Mounting points on exhaust look very solid.
I needed a dawse valve after fitting as it tended to over boost.

The motor also seems to cool down faster when I idle it before shutting down. I normally wait for the water temp on scangauge to drop to 85 and this doesn't take as long with the bigger exhaust.

flemj
9th April 2016, 03:05 PM
Hi

I have a Beaudesert
2.75 it works well 2011

John

I had a 2 & 3/4 exhaust from Beaudesert on my CRD