PDA

View Full Version : Netflix recommendations.

taslucas
5th March 2016, 11:59 AM
We recently had a free Netflix trial and decided to continue with the subscription after it ended. Neither of us watch much TV and I'm not really into movies or %90 of the American series we get swamped with. I was very pleased to see some really good documentary series though and I think that's one of the main reasons we decided to continue the subscription.

So let's throw up some recommendations that others may have overlooked.

I'll go first:

It's a geological history of Australia and its very interesting. Plus, the host drives a Patrol (legend). It's a four parts series called: Australia, a time travellers guide.
The oldest tree in Australia is a 10,000 year old Huon pine in the Northwest of TAS.

Also, David attenboroughs series: Micro monsters

>>>tappin from tassie

MudRunnerTD
5th March 2016, 12:14 PM
House of Card. Brilliant! Season 4 released yesterday

Vikings. Brilliant! Season 3 released last week

Madmen. Brilliant! 7 seasons! Bloody brilliant!

Narcos. Brilliant! Wow! Just Wow! 1 season only.

House. 9 seasons I think. Great.

I now hardly watch free to air. Netflix is great! And cheap as chips!

Clunk
5th March 2016, 12:16 PM
Netflix is bollox, it needs to be updated more often

Irish
5th March 2016, 01:03 PM
Luther
Brooklyn 99

taslucas
5th March 2016, 01:19 PM
Netflix is bollox, it needs to be updated more oftenthe amount we watch, It'll take me a long time to get through even the small amount of titles that really interest me on there. And at only three bucks a week

>>>tappin from tassie

NissanGQ4.2
5th March 2016, 01:20 PM
I live in the Blue Mountains which is behind about 200 years from every other area, I would be lucky to get dial up speed on an ADSL1 line. No hope of Netflix here!!!

Maxhead
5th March 2016, 01:37 PM
Home and Away

….................... On the move

taslucas
5th March 2016, 01:59 PM
I live in the Blue Mountains which is behind about 200 years from every other area, I would be lucky to get dial up speed on an ADSL1 line. No hope of Netflix here!!!
Yeah it's the same in TAS. Everywhere outside of a town is very poor even though we were the first state to get the nbn. Which isn't even finished. Nice one Tony.

>>>tappin from tassie

NissanGQ4.2
5th March 2016, 02:33 PM
Yeah it's the same in TAS. Everywhere outside of a town is very poor even though we were the first state to get the nbn. Which isn't even finished. Nice one Tony.

>>>tappin from tassie

We will be lucky if we see NBN here by 2020. There has been a fair bit of discussion on FB lately of the poor service we get in the Blue Mountains.

Hodge
5th March 2016, 04:15 PM
If you like docos, watch Highway thru hell. Big tow trucks recovering big accidents up in Canadas infamous Coq road. Really enjoyed that. 2 seasons only.

Hodge
5th March 2016, 04:30 PM
I now hardly watch free to air. Netflix is great! And cheap as chips!

I'm the same mate, love the Netflix, so much to watch. But I guess a some stage you see most of it and then it gets annoying while they update new seasons etc...

clubbyr8
5th March 2016, 06:02 PM
We will be lucky if we see NBN here by 2020. There has been a fair bit of discussion on FB lately of the poor service we get in the Blue Mountains.

We have NBN in Kingswood (off Penrith exchange). My son lives in South Penrith and is on Orchard Hills exchange and has no idea if and when NBN will be available....

clubbyr8
5th March 2016, 06:04 PM
We love Netflix too and we tend to binge watch (a whole series in a few days). Never watch live TV and hardly record anything anymore.

NissanGQ4.2
5th March 2016, 06:17 PM
We have NBN in Kingswood (off Penrith exchange). My son lives in South Penrith and is on Orchard Hills exchange and has no idea if and when NBN will be available....

Yeh it was really a case of if you got it you were lucky, don't know how they decided on what suburbs were 2 get it first.

gubigfish
7th March 2016, 11:44 PM
Yeh it was really a case of if you got it you were lucky, don't know how they decided on what suburbs were 2 get it first.

Call me synical it was probably if your exchange was in an area with a labour initially or liberal politician since the change of government and how much pressure they brought about, or how marginal the seat was.

taslucas
8th March 2016, 08:02 AM
Call me synical it was probably if your exchange was in an area with a labour initially or liberal politician since the change of government and how much pressure they brought about, or how marginal the seat was.
Or because Tony is a knob

>>>tappin from tassie

Winnie
8th March 2016, 08:04 AM
We watch a lot of Netflix, we subscribed to another service for $5 a month which allowed us to watch the American version of Netflix.
Literally 5 times as much stuff on there, it was awesome!

Netflix has cracked down on that though and it no longer works.

clubbyr8
8th March 2016, 08:20 AM

My exchange (Penrith) and my son's (Orchard Hills) are in the same electorate. We had a Labor MP at the time I got NBN. Seat went to the LNP at the last election. Since then, it seems old suburbs are on the bottom of the list. Politics shouldn't be involved in infrastructure projects.....

taslucas
8th March 2016, 08:20 AM
Yeah a mate does the VPN thing or whatever it is and has the whole world.
As for us, it'll take us a long time to run out of stuff to watch on the Aussie one and I can't stand %90 of American "prime time" stuff. I do think it needs a few more movies though

>>>tappin from tassie

88WAH
9th March 2016, 10:18 PM
Bingeing on Suits at the moment

MudRunnerTD
9th March 2016, 11:55 PM
Bingeing on Suits at the moment

yeah me too. smashed out season 3 of Vikings damn it!! back to Suits, good show.

Clunk
10th March 2016, 12:38 AM
yeah me too. smashed out season 3 of Vikings damn it!! back to Suits, good show.
Season 4 of Vikings on SBS mate, Wednesdays 9.30pm AEST..... get on it