PDA

View Full Version : Roofys Motor Discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2

MudRunnerTD
2nd March 2016, 12:11 AM
OK Just trying to sort out what is on the table so Roofy can give things some thought. I have had little to do with this to date and happy to stay out of it, everyone is doing a great job. We just need to keep it on point. This thread will let everyone that is interested see how the discussions have gone.

Use this thread for Motor chat ONLY. no talk about fund raising. maybe updates on money only but this is the business end of this project.

At this stage there are 2 thoughts on the table.

*** OPTION 1 ***

pm sent ba, contact me please. None of you buggers answer your phone! And ba i only have your old number. Are you all trying to tell me something? Lol

i have found a zd30: Rebuilt 40000ks ago only swapped out for a td42. We are getting a massive discount. A once off for roofy.

clutch kit , maybe. Fluids gaskets, tune, rear engine seal and welsh plugs. Is all i can think atm . He has the fuel pump and all the hoses etc on the vehicle

just please note that i am not the decision maker with this whole process and am far from the expert when it comes to zd30's or if a td conversion is at all viable.

I am just putting the case forward and instigating what is needed to get the ball rolling.

There is no super rush so we need not make hasty decisions.

I was made another offer on top of the current offer .....

This is the offer so far from a 4x4 wreckers (will name them soon)

a zd30 with a rebuild about 40,000km ago (cannot confirm parts used) for $1000 there is a turn key warranty only.

Then there is a zd30 that was the owners son inlaws and they know more history and will do it for $1750 still only a turn key warranty.

Now i have not looked into any other options being rebuild or td conversion or 2nd hand engines from elsewhere.

$3500 was raised when i went through hell 15 months ago and can only use that as some sort of gauge.?

I have not spoken to more tech savvy as yet as i have been flat out and have a school music thing on tonight so still wont get a chance.

Now there are the facts at this stage to be seen by all.

F$#k its hot.

i would be a little worried about that engine if it does not come with any form of warranty whatsoever.
In saying that though if it has been rebuilt very recently it should be okay... Hmmmm....

providing that roofy is in agreement i would go for the straight engine swap.
Roofy gets to keep all his gear and the mean green machine
added bonus would be a weekend of fellowship during the swap over.

yeah i agree. All up to roofy i guess but the beast gets to live again and will be quickest and easiest seeing as there's no extreme rush but needs to be sorted reasonably quickly.

i should be able to get my hands on an engine crane if need be. What about the option of a rebuilt (probably exchange) engine and putting it in. Need to be from a reputable supplier tho. Recos can be a bit of a gamble sometimes get teething problems but should have a warranty at least.

*** OPTION 2 ***

g'day trendsetters,

on a serious note, if we are going to spend between $3000 and $4000 for a motor for roofy, then i think we need to discount a secondhand engine.

I have located the following motor listed below is situated in clayton south victoria, it is a fully reconditioned engine with 12 months warranty, the mob wants $4600 exchange. I think we could contact these folks they might come to the party and let us have the motor for around $3500 or $4000. Plus the motor also comes with a brand new head and 12 months warranty. The blokes business number is 0400 033 377. I think you folks need to contact this chap asap to see what deal the bloke might offer.

Hi there, up for sale i have afully reconditioned zd30 engine for sale on exchange basis. Happy to let youpickup / post this engine prior to handing over me your existing faulty engine if you are happy to pay an additional $700 core deposit (fully refundable once i receive your old/faulty engine)

this engine is only suited for standard diesel engines and is not suited for commonrail injection system.

Please read through the listing carefully to see all the added extras that’s on offer with this engine, as most of the extras are only offered by us!

This engine comes with a brand new head not a previously cracked / welded head!!

This engine has been completely stripped, all parts hydrowashed.

Cylinders are individually bored to manufacturers specifications than diamond honed & plateu finished (highest quality finish available on the market).

Cylinder head contact surface / deck has been surfaced(milled)

conrods checked for twist & straightness

cam shaft as well as the balance shafts checked for cracks, straightness than linished

crank shaft checked for straightness & cracks, journals measured than compared to factories allowed measurements, if its within specks linished, if not; journals are ground to factory specs using schou crankshaftgrinder

after the machining of all parts they were washed again prior to assembly

brand new cylinder head was assembled with reconditioned valves, springs, caps, collets and buckets, valve clearances set to manufacturer’s specifications using brand new shims.

Oil cooler has been pulled apart, hydro washed, all gaskets and seals replaced during assembly and vacuum tested prior to fitment.

This engine was assembled using all of the following brand new components:

Cylinder head

pistons, pin’s and rings

main bearings

bigend bearings

timing chain & timing chain tensioner

complete gasket set

head bolts

water pump

rear main seal

glow plugs

injector seals

glow plug seals

this engine comes with 12 months / unlimited km's warranty

please note this engine is also available on our shop floor as well as other market places, so it may be sold prior to your purchase / end of this listing. To confirm availability please contact me and i will let you know the availibility.

Item islocated in clayton south victoria, i'm happy to freight these engines atadditional cost australiawide! Any questions or simply call me on 0400 033 377.

g'day bloodyaussie,

not a problem mate, that's why i stated you need to phone the bloke on (0400) 033 377 and go and check out his business in clayton south victoria. If he checks out to be ok, i personally think that this is the way to go, especial with all new parts, new head and also with the 12 months / unlimited km's warranty.

Ps, a sweetener could be giving this bloke and his business a 12 month free sponsorship to the nissanpatrol forum that if ab agrees with this proposal, on the condition the bloke gives us the engine for $4,000 cash? At present he is asking $4650.00. Tell him about the cause, we have nothing to lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

paul

does your car have a dual mass or solid flywheel...

never looked into it mate wont know till we pull it out but its going to be replaced if needed

if it is a dual mass then you should replace the fly wheel with a solid one and the cost goes up...

Mudski gets 4terrain clutch from clutch industries for cost and they are right around the corner from here..

yeah it does sound ok. This is where finding out what the warranty covers needs to be found out. To maintain the 12 month warranty you may have to fit a new turbo or possibly other components.

Can someone local call or visit this business to sus out the finer detail of the warranty terms?

here is a list of parts used. ...

Etp cylinder head
ajusa gaskets
ndc bearings
npr or arco piston rings
teikin or arco pistons and pins
austral timing chain kit
derek or bosch glow plugs
nissan rear main seal
shininchy valves

also his best price was $4200..

ok motor is $4,200
injectors ??
Clutch & flywheel ??
Turbo ?? Can roofy's be used ??
Oils etc ??

Can we get an up to date figure on the raffle ??

the warranty covers the engine as long as the cooling system, fuel system or turbo are not responsible.

Now as i cannot see your engine or do not know what condition your components are in i could not possibly say what else you need.

Mudski is the man in the know when it comes to the zd30 and what parts might cost so maybe he could tell you more.

I have done what i can with what time and resources i have and is very limited and without looking at your car or having the strip down process happening its all guess work.

i reckon the raffle should stay open until enough funds are raised. This is where the external opportunity lays. The fund raising is still short of the mark.

It may be reasonable to consider registering the raffle with a permit and going public. Hit facebook in a bigger way. Share on 4wd action page and 4wdtv page. Make it about the raffle with proceeds going to roofy. There is actually real potential to raise quite a bit with the quality of prizes up for offer.

At the moment there is a big gap between $ raised and $ needed to get it done right. We don't really want roofy to make up the difference if we can help it.

Giving the raffle a big push and some time might take it to a td conversion space! Well worth waiting for if its viable. Don't cut it off at the knees for the sake of time i reckon.

Everyone has done a great job and the generosity has been fantastic. Patience is our friend.

*** THIS IS OPTION 1 AGAIN ***

i sent clint read a message the other day and just got off the phone with him now. Here is an option that he has just put on the table.

He is in the conversion business. He pulls out zds all day and fits tds and lss.

He has a client recently that had a zd30 that blew up 40,000kms ago. The client had the motor rebuilt and recently the fuel pump crapped itself. He drove it in for a td conversion.

The zd30 is sitting on the floor of his shop. It has 40,000kms since a rebuild and at a push he could get the receipts from the previous owner. It has a blown fuel pump. He offered it to me for $1500. The warranty is this... If something is wrong with it or parts bolted to it he will send us whatever we need to get it going. Dual mass conversion, zircon pump, ps pump, whatever!

At the end of the conversation he offered it to me for $1,000 to help us out. This may even be the offered engine that mudnut mentioned on the first page of this thread? No idea?

This would be doable with the current funding.

For consideration.

clint didn't hesitate when i explained roofy's situation. 60% off a $2500 motor is just fantastic.

We were going to thank him, heaps whichever way we go with this.

As ba wrote, clint also had another engine that they knew the history of, for a bit more.

My understanding is that Option 1 would nearly be viable with the funds raise as it stands today. Option 2 would need at least another $3k raised at a guess?

For your consideration.

mudnut
2nd March 2016, 12:20 AM
MR, also add what Clint said about stuff going wrong to both the secondhand motors.

Bloodyaussie
2nd March 2016, 07:26 AM
Good work Darren.... Here are my quick thoughts before darting off to start my new career..

Yes the deal from Clint is very good but there is always the worry that it could repeat the same problem in 12 months time but who knows may last many many years.

The reco engine also has its merits but higher price tag means less money for other important things.

The conversion is not on the cards as far as I see as this is about getting Roofy back on the road not pimping his ride and there is far to much work needed to get this happening.

Now the decision needs to be Roofy's as any decision comes a heavy weight and it comes down to him.

I am going to step aside as I have too much going on in my life right now and the added stress of this is not what I need right now (despite some comments about sucking it up)

And Darren looks like he is prepared to step up... I will help out of course when needed but for now need to concentrate on whats going on here.

Roofy try to keep a clear head and do not let your decision be rushed.

Good luck.

AB
2nd March 2016, 07:32 AM
I also agree we should keep the fundraising open for as long as possible and look at other audiences if Roofy can manage without a car?

Just had another pm from a member asking bank details.

Bob
2nd March 2016, 08:12 AM
Quote Originally Posted by mudrunnertd View Post

i sent clint read a message the other day and just got off the phone with him now. Here is an option that he has just put on the table.

He is in the conversion business. He pulls out zds all day and fits tds and lss.

He has a client recently that had a zd30 that blew up 40,000kms ago. The client had the motor rebuilt and recently the fuel pump crapped itself. He drove it in for a td conversion.

The zd30 is sitting on the floor of his shop. It has 40,000kms since a rebuild and at a push he could get the receipts from the previous owner. It has a blown fuel pump. He offered it to me for $1500. The warranty is this... If something is wrong with it or parts bolted to it he will send us whatever we need to get it going. Dual mass conversion, zircon pump, ps pump, whatever!

At the end of the conversation he offered it to me for $1,000 to help us out. This may even be the offered engine that mudnut mentioned on the first page of this thread? No idea?

This would be doable with the current funding.

For consideration.

Seems to be the most viable option if further funds prove difficult to obtain.
Roofy would need to be in agreeance of course

Maxhead
2nd March 2016, 08:18 AM
So has this Clint bloke got any TD42's with 60% discount?

….................... On the move

MudRunnerTD
2nd March 2016, 08:29 AM
So has this Clint bloke got any TD42's with 60% discount?

Yeah I spoke at length with him about that and he made it pretty clear we were No where Near it. Conversions are fairly straight forward if you gave a donor car but sourcing all the parts is a massive job and time consuming. Also a TD out of a GQ into a GU is also a little more complicated without a donor car. Bottom line though it's a $10k conversion on a good day.

MudRunnerTD
2nd March 2016, 08:33 AM
Now on me taking to reins... I have made this thread to clean things up cause I can and it needed to be done. I am working 70 hours a week and then Daddy Daycare for another 30 cause Naomi works Arvo shift. Definition of Hammered!

I am happy to steer a little but this is all about Roofy. It's a Crowd Funding. Go with the flow.

Bob
2nd March 2016, 09:01 AM
Now on me taking to reins... I have made this thread to clean things up cause I can and it needed to be done. I am working 70 hours a week and then Daddy Daycare for another 30 cause Naomi works Arvo shift. Definition of Hammered!

I am happy to steer a little but this is all about Roofy. It's a Crowd Funding. Go with the flow.

With your guidance Darren I am willing to help out

rusty_nail
2nd March 2016, 09:11 AM
also happy to help out with what ever needs to be done.

my thoughts to the replacement motor (having gone down this exact path not even 12 months ago) are that the ZD30 replacement would be the best solution for now. it may only give Craig another 12 months in the driver seat but it may also give him another 5 years or longer. what ever extra time it gives him in the car will give Craig a chance to start putting pennies away for the inevitability that the motor will one day possibly need to be replaced again, the only difference would be that he would be prepared for it and can go down the conversion path.

thats my 2cw anyway.

PMC
2nd March 2016, 10:04 AM
I also agree we should keep the fundraising open for as long as possible and look at other audiences if Roofy can manage without a car?

Just had another pm from a member asking bank details.

G'day Folks,

I agree 110% with AB, remember the old saying "do it once, do it right" if Roofy can last a couple of more weeks with-out the Patrol he will be in a better position.

However, this is Roofys call!

Regards,

PMC

mudnut
2nd March 2016, 10:34 AM
G'day Folks,

I agree 110% with AB, remember the old saying "do it once, do it right" if Roofy can last a couple of more weeks with-out the Patrol he will be in a better position.

However, this is Roofys call!

Regards,

PMC

Exactly right, Paul. Also no-one wants to be the guy that says roofy must get the cheaper motor, and have it grenade again, either.

AB
2nd March 2016, 01:19 PM
Had a chat to Patrolapart.

I showed them the price and condition of the motor that Paul found for $4200 and being the honest blokes they are said it was a really good deal and we should aim for that one.

rusty_nail
2nd March 2016, 01:33 PM
Had a chat to Patrolapart.

I showed them the price and condition of the motor that Paul found for $4200 and being the honest blokes they are said it was a really good deal and we should aim for that one.

love ya work mate, lets aim for this one then(with roofys approval of course =D)

Rossco
2nd March 2016, 01:56 PM
Yeah good job AB and all others involved of course. My gut feeling world be on that motor, is up to roofy at the end of the day tho. You would expect that one to give years of enjoyable motoring hopefully.

Sir Roofy
2nd March 2016, 03:13 PM
After reading this thread and giving it a lot of thought Jane and I have decided that if at all possible we would like to see if it is feasible to go for the 3Ltr from Clayton. Main reason being the warranty.
The funds have slowed so this might not be an option so after waiting a bit longer we will probably have to go for the 3Ltr at Readys.
We can add a small amount to the money if need be.
Looking like it has had its run we really appreciate all the help and donations from everyone. Without this help we wouldn't be able to 4x4 for a long time.

Sir Roofy
2nd March 2016, 04:11 PM
After reading this thread and giving it a lot of thought Jane and I have decided that if at all possible we would like to see if it is feasible to go for the 3Ltr from Clayton. Main reason being the warranty.
The funds have slowed so this might not be an option so after waiting a bit longer we will probably have to go for the 3Ltr at Readys.
We can add a small amount to the money if need be.
Looking like it has had its run we really appreciate all the help and donations from everyone. Without this help we wouldn't be able to 4x4 for a long time.
Looking at this again it sounds like we are down in the dumps and disappointed. It couldn't be further from the truth. we are absolutely over the moon and appreciate what has been done for us. When the beast first blew up we had no idea what to do but you great forum people have been a life saver for us.

TPC
2nd March 2016, 05:12 PM
We just need to keep it on point. This thread will let everyone that is interested see how the discussions have gone.

Use this thread for Motor chat ONLY. no talk about fund raising. maybe updates on money only but this is the business end of this project.

I don't think this comment sunk in Darren, you may need to do a cleanup. :)

MudRunnerTD
2nd March 2016, 06:46 PM
Thread cleaned.

MudRunnerTD
2nd March 2016, 06:51 PM
Could we have some input from someone that knows about the add on costs please. I read in one of the threads but can't find it about things that need to be considered beyond the cost of the engine. Especially if the new engine is purchased.

Will it need....

Injectors?
Clutch?
Pump or turbo overhaul?
Fluids, filters, MAF, etc?

On my reckoning we should be looking to have a budget of up to $6k to get this motor in and running?

Guessing here.

Sir Roofy
2nd March 2016, 08:01 PM
ITS ON EBAY go2engines

mudski
2nd March 2016, 08:15 PM
Could we have some input from someone that knows about the add on costs please. I read in one of the threads but can't find it about things that need to be considered beyond the cost of the engine. Especially if the new engine is purchased.

Will it need....

Injectors?
Clutch?
Pump or turbo overhaul?
Fluids, filters, MAF, etc?

On my reckoning we should be looking to have a budget of up to $6k to get this motor in and running?

Guessing here.

New injectors are about $800.
Clutch and solid fly wheel is about $600
Pump, use the old one,
Turbo, use the old one, unless its fubar
Filters and oil maybe $100
and Maf, use the old one. Or i can donate a new one.

My question for roofy is. How long can you do without wheels? This will give us an indicstion of how lony we can drag this( the donations and raffle) out.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Sir Roofy
2nd March 2016, 08:25 PM
Pump, use the old one,

My question for roofy is. How long can you do without wheels? This will give us an indicstion of how lony we can drag this( the donations and raffle) out.

Weeeeeeeeel the end of March but ill be in withdrawl by then

Rossco
2nd March 2016, 08:26 PM
I recall kat saying steve was going to donate $200 autobarn voucher, that should cover fluids, fleets and a few other sundries.

MudRunnerTD
2nd March 2016, 08:28 PM
Pump, use the old one,

Thanks Mark. Is what we need to know.

So

$4,200 for the motor.
$800 injectors
$600 clutch
$100 fluids
Is $5700 and a couple hung for NFI we are probably up around the $6k mark. That should be the target if we are to go this way.

MudRunnerTD
2nd March 2016, 08:33 PM
I recall kat saying steve was going to donate $200 autobarn voucher, that should cover fluids, fleets and a few other sundries.

Ok so a Solid $5,600 is our Target for this.

Sir Roofy
2nd March 2016, 10:33 PM
Ok so a Solid $5,600 is our Target for this.

If you aim for this anything else will be a bonus and excess will go to someone else
on the forum

morton2478
5th March 2016, 09:47 PM
So where is the the talley up to now makin any head way

Maxhead
5th March 2016, 10:13 PM
So where is the the talley up to now makin any head way

I think we're getting close to the $4k mark mate .

BigRAWesty
5th March 2016, 11:29 PM
Thanks Mark. Is what we need to know.

So

$4,200 for the motor.
$800 injectors
$600 clutch
$100 fluids
Is $5700 and a couple hung for NFI we are probably up around the $6k mark. That should be the target if we are to go this way.
Just a question and I'm still new to crd's. .
But if the old fuel pump is used then why not use the old injectors?
Not trying to sound tight but more get the man is car running sooner..

mudski
5th March 2016, 11:32 PM
If the budjet can fit new squirters...

BigRAWesty
5th March 2016, 11:52 PM
If the budjet can fit new squirters...
Yea for sure.. replace as much with new as possible..
Just didn't know if they were a "must" or a "if we can" item..
All good..

Sir Roofy
6th March 2016, 02:13 PM
Thanks to Kat & STEVE we now have a $200 Autobarn voucher

Thanks guys

threedogs
6th March 2016, 02:23 PM
Now all thats needed is a voucher from the The Thirsty Camel or a BWS outlet lol

Sir Roofy
6th March 2016, 09:40 PM
Ok guys Thankyou all once again wow $4000 ? Thanks Mark for a great effort and good luck to the winners
as you may have read in Andys last thread Jane & I are adding the last of our savings which will bring it to approximately
$ 6000 everybody should be proud to be a part of this great forum

Again thankyou for your support
Roofy & jane

BigRAWesty
6th March 2016, 10:03 PM
Ok guys Thankyou all once again wow $4000 ? Thanks Mark for a great effort and good luck to the winners
as you may have read in Andys last thread Jane & I are adding the last of our savings which will bring it to approximately

Roofy & jane
That is an awesome outcome and hopefully sorts your patrol for many years to come mate..

Sir Roofy
7th March 2016, 05:56 AM

Roofy & jane

For those that may have missed this last night

Rossco
7th March 2016, 08:52 AM
Yeah awsome 4 G is a pretty super result I reckon.

What's the next step now is someone going to confirm purchase of the motor in Clayton? What about location for mechanical work, we thinkingh use kats place or somewhere else. Also who will be the key mechanical personnel? ? Happy to help wherever i can. As mentioned before can pick up motor if need be. Also be happy to use my shed, just thought I'd put it out there as another option just to make things more confusing! ! Another thought i had was using a tilt tray for transport to location instead of a car trailer which can be kind of crap with a big car like a GU. Not sure if RACV would fund at least some of it, worth looking into anyway.

Winnie
7th March 2016, 09:07 AM
Yep, bloody great result, thank you and congratulations to everyone!
I'm happy to do some running around to collect parts around here too if needed, I would be happy to tow Roofy's car to wherever it needs to go as well if provided with a trailer.

So total overall budget is about 6k.
How much does it cost to get injectors reco'd? Should we consider this?
Can we get Roofy's fuel pump and turbo tested?

growler2058
7th March 2016, 09:19 AM
Bloody oath well done everyone! Couldn't happen for a nicer fella

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

threedogs
7th March 2016, 09:41 AM
Best forum ever

mudski
7th March 2016, 10:02 AM
Yep great result.
To be honest I wish the result was better, as all of us do no doubt, and had the time, money, know how and power to push the raffle outside of the forum. Because I'm a bit disturbed on Roofy's comments they used the last of their savings to top this up. I know we, as a community have done the best we can. Its bloody awesome actually. I don't think i have ever heard of another forum, doing something like this for another member. I had bought two lotto tickets last week, which I never do, and thought to myself if I get a good win, the money goes towards this. Hoping the lottery gods were listening. Bloody bastards didn't listen though. Didn't even get a cent back.

So the raffle ends tomorrow night, the end tally I will post up and the tickets will be drawn the following night.

Sir Roofy
7th March 2016, 10:28 AM
Yeah awsome 4 G is a pretty super result I reckon.

What's the next step now is someone going to confirm purchase of the motor in Clayton? What about location for mechanical work, we thinkingh use kats place or somewhere else. Also who will be the key mechanical personnel? ? Happy to help wherever i can. As mentioned before can pick up motor if need be. Also be happy to use my shed, just thought I'd put it out there as another option just to make things more confusing! ! Another thought i had was using a tilt tray for transport to location instead of a car trailer which can be kind of crap with a big car like a GU. Not sure if RACV would fund at least some of it, worth looking into anyway.

First step would be to get actual total of moneys after Mudski closes ticket sales
Need some one to see if this motor is still available and renegotiate with new injectors
Turbo and pump need to come off and be checked,part of warranty
Maybe 4 persons with mechanical skills willing to help pull motor out and replace with new
To save on costs as I have no extra now can do it in my yard( thoughts on this)as if the turbo
might not be healthy after hot oil went through it I'm confident the pump will be ok BUT we
don't know for sure,the injectors to the best of my knowledge are genuine and traveled 282 +000ks
new or reco would be better ?

mudski
7th March 2016, 10:39 AM
I can help with the remove and refit. I'm far from a mechanic though. So I am more than happy to step aside if need be and just hand over spanners etc etc. If the budget allows for new injectors I would get them. I'm not sure about the pump. But These pumps need to be bled properly because they have a circuit board built into the pump which is cooled by the fuel. And if you don't bleed these pumps you get an air lock in the pump, then you fry the circuit board and its bye bye pump, which is around $3.5 to $5K to replace. You cant replace the circuit board on these pumps.

Sir Roofy
7th March 2016, 10:52 AM
I can help with the remove and refit. I'm far from a mechanic though. So I am more than happy to step aside if need be and just hand over spanners etc etc. If the budget allows for new injectors I would get them. I'm not sure about the pump. But These pumps need to be bled properly because they have a circuit board built into the pump which is cooled by the fuel. And if you don't bleed these pumps you get an air lock in the pump, then you fry the circuit board and its bye bye pump, which is around $3.5 to $5K to replace. You cant replace the circuit board on these pumps.

Thanks mate ill put you down the pump we should be able to get fuel through it ok
we'l have a look as we do it

macca
7th March 2016, 05:49 PM
This is so good to see, so happy for Roofy and Jane. He was a bit gutted when he rang with the sad news then last night I got a mail from Jane, she is one happy camper. :clapping::clapping:

A big thanks to all who helped and are going to see this job finished :driving2: , if duties here weren't so demanding I would have enjoyed a drive down to Vic for a slice of Pizza!

Rossco
7th March 2016, 06:23 PM
Same here no awsome mechanic that's for sure but more than happy to spin some spanners and help out where i can. I reckon definatly new injectors if there's budget. What about testing turbo & pump. Where should we take them - dieseltec, jpc or somewhere else??

BigRAWesty
7th March 2016, 06:31 PM
What's George up to these days? Maybe see if a box or 2 will maybe get a mechanic..?? 😊

Hodge
7th March 2016, 06:44 PM
As above comments, I'm no mech, but more than happy to pass tools, beer, lift and kick things into place if need be if I'm available wherever this operation takes place. Plus would be a learning experience.

MudRunnerTD
7th March 2016, 06:46 PM
Great result guys. If your going to buy an extra ticket now is the time. Grab the last of them.

I'm happy to be a TA if needed but this is bigger than anything I've done before. Certainly if there are any mechanics interested in free beer and a cuddle from the man in the hat then that would be awesome!

Sir Roofy
7th March 2016, 06:52 PM
Same here no awsome mechanic that's for sure but more than happy to spin some spanners and help out where i can. I reckon definatly new injectors if there's budget. What about testing turbo & pump. Where should we take them - dieseltec, jpc or somewhere else??

Can I put you down for number 2, diesel tech are good and handy
have a shed 15min from home, tractor, block and tackle, excavator

Winnie
7th March 2016, 06:53 PM
Do you know anybody with a car trailer Roofy?

nissannewby
7th March 2016, 07:11 PM
Great result guys. If your going to buy an extra ticket now is the time. Grab the last of them.

I'm happy to be a TA if needed but this is bigger than anything I've done before. Certainly if there are any mechanics interested in free beer and a cuddle from the man in the hat then that would be awesome!

Get some dates in concrete and I'll see what I can do.

Sir Roofy
7th March 2016, 07:14 PM
Do you know anybody with a car trailer Roofy?

Thanks Chris but where going to tow it up the hill to the farm

Sir Roofy
7th March 2016, 07:17 PM
Get some dates in concrete and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks Matty wont be till after Easter see what dates would suit

Rossco
7th March 2016, 07:18 PM
Can I put you down for number 2, diesel tech are good and handy
have a shed 15min from home, tractor, block and tackle, excavator
Yeah no worries. I'll see if i can get my hands on this crane. Guess we might need to look at removing turbo & pump so everythings ready to go when the time comes to do the transplant.

Sir Roofy
7th March 2016, 07:21 PM
As above comments, I'm no mech, but more than happy to pass tools, beer, lift and kick things into place if need be if I'm available wherever this operation takes place. Plus would be a learning experience.

Thanks mate will let you know @Darren same as Eric mate thank you

Sir Roofy
7th March 2016, 07:23 PM
Yeah no worries. I'll see if i can get my hands on this crane. Guess we might need to look at removing turbo & pump so everythings ready to go when the time comes to do the transplant.

Sounds good will get it up to the shed real soon you still away

Bloodyaussie
7th March 2016, 08:37 PM
Colorado caravans has confirmed $200 and i will be in for $200 and hope to have it paid into ab's account on Wednesday.

Hope this helps that little bit more.

MudRunnerTD
7th March 2016, 08:37 PM
Yeah would be great to have the pump and turbo stripped off and sent for testing prior to everything else. Any idea where the testing should happen? Can the guy that built the motor test the pump and turbo maybe? What sort of costs involved in having the pump and turbo bench tested.?

AB
7th March 2016, 08:45 PM
Colorado caravans has confirmed $200 and i will be in for $200 and hope to have it paid into ab's account on Wednesday. Hope this helps that little bit more. Hey mate, nice one!

When Colorado Caravans have paid can you please create an account for them with your work email and write up a little intro about their business for me and I'll create a vendor page for them.

At a guess we are looking at wrapping this up with $4350 of member donations. Unless Mudski gets last minute raffles.

Pretty good effort everybody!!!!

Rossco
7th March 2016, 08:49 PM
Sounds good will get it up to the shed real soon you still away
Yeah still away all week & weekend. Good result with the $$ ☺☺

Sir Roofy
7th March 2016, 09:04 PM
Yeah still away all week & weekend. Good result with the $$ ☺☺

it is very good a bit stunned wow

mudski
7th March 2016, 09:28 PM
Hey mate, nice one!

When Colorado Caravans have paid can you please create an account for them with your work email and write up a little intro about their business for me and I'll create a vendor page for them.

At a guess we are looking at wrapping this up with $4350 of member donations. Unless Mudski gets last minute raffles.

Pretty good effort everybody!!!!
Can you please take $1200 off that total. I need to order a 4inch intake setup. Lol.

AB
7th March 2016, 10:13 PM
Can you please take $1200 off that total. I need to order a 4inch intake setup. Lol. Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk I've already taken 3k for 12mm pump, service, injectors and a tune. So that leaves $150 for the celebration pizza night. Going to be a great night though!

Bloodyaussie
7th March 2016, 10:30 PM
I've already taken 3k for 12mm pump, service, injectors and a tune. So that leaves $150 for the celebration pizza night. Going to be a great night though!

You prick.... i wanted a new larger pump.

Bloody bugger... I'll settle for a biscuit.

nissannewby
7th March 2016, 10:46 PM
I've already taken 3k for 12mm pump, service, injectors and a tune. So that leaves $150 for the celebration pizza night. Going to be a great night though!

I can save you 1k here if you ask nicely.

Winnie
7th March 2016, 10:49 PM
I can save you 1k here if you ask nicely.
I'm asking nicely... Where from?

mudski
7th March 2016, 10:52 PM
I'm asking nicely... Where from?
Under Rossco's bonnet. Lol.

nissannewby
7th March 2016, 10:59 PM
Under Rossco's bonnet. Lol.

Nope. Better than that one :P

Rossco
8th March 2016, 10:51 AM
Where from, or is it a secret? ?

Winnie
8th March 2016, 11:02 AM

Check your PMs Mat... incoming!! lol

nissannewby
8th March 2016, 11:31 AM
Where from, or is it a secret? ?

No secret. He does it on the side to his regular job working for governor services australia.

mudski
8th March 2016, 01:47 PM
Ok while I was at JPC's I asked him about the injector pump, whether it can be tested. While he doesn't really touch these motors with a 100 foot pole, he said if something was wrong with it, i.e low fuel pressures etc etc it would show up fault codes as the entire pump is electronically controlled. So plugging it in to a diagnostic machine would show something if there were an issue. I assume you could get it flow tested or whatever they do still. But talking with them they seem to think its not worth testing. These electronic pumps will either work and show no faults or not work and show faults, like mine did last year. One minute its great, nek minnit...

threedogs
8th March 2016, 01:56 PM
Ill be interested in seeing how coked up the intakes are.
If someone could note that with some pictures that would be great

Sir Roofy
8th March 2016, 03:41 PM
Ok while I was at JPC's I asked him about the injector pump, whether it can be tested. While he doesn't really touch these motors with a 100 foot pole, he said if something was wrong with it, i.e low fuel pressures etc etc it would show up fault codes as the entire pump is electronically controlled. So plugging it in to a diagnostic machine would show something if there were an issue. I assume you could get it flow tested or whatever they do still. But talking with them they seem to think its not worth testing. These electronic pumps will either work and show no faults or not work and show faults, like mine did last year. One minute its great, nek minnit...

Ive never seen any fault codes show up in 4yrs it was running ok fuel wise till she dropped the pin

Sir Roofy
8th March 2016, 03:42 PM
Ill be interested in seeing how coked up the intakes are.
If someone could note that with some pictures that would be great

don't reckon theres any there john

mudski
8th March 2016, 03:53 PM
don't reckon theres any there john
I guess he'll jusr have to come and see for himself hey Roofy...

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Sir Roofy
8th March 2016, 03:58 PM
I guess he'll jusr have to come and see for himself hey Roofy...

Yep pick him up on your way up and he can see it for him self

the trucks in the shed ready to be attacked will be going up tomorrow
to make a start drain fluids take off the bonnet ect

mudski
8th March 2016, 04:07 PM
Yeah pull as much as you can off.

threedogs
8th March 2016, 04:18 PM
Could tow my camper down and stay a week. i have a mechanic mate in Moe
I havent seen in ages. He used to come to Bearii all the time till he shifted
from Essendon to Moe or churchill not quite sure

Why would the intakes be clean, have you cleaned them recently??

Sir Roofy
8th March 2016, 04:29 PM

No haven't touched them but if the motor is running and breathing ok
it shouldn't coke up

Bloodyaussie
8th March 2016, 07:04 PM
Who is in contact with the engine builder and doing the deal..?

Sorry i am flat out with my new job and will not have time.

Winnie
8th March 2016, 07:14 PM

Who is this mate? I need a local mechanic now.

Rossco
8th March 2016, 07:43 PM
Who is in contact with the engine builder and doing the deal..?

Sorry i am flat out with my new job and will not have time.
I can call them unless anyone else wants too. Hopefully it its still all good to go. . .

Sir Roofy
8th March 2016, 08:57 PM
Thanks rossco for stepping up to the plate =========thanks jonathon for you great effort

Rossco
8th March 2016, 09:25 PM
Thanks rossco for stepping up to the plate =========thanks jonathon for you great effort
Yeah all good. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow and see how we go. Yep well done to Jono & Mark for initiating all of this. Pretty awsome result I reckon.

Stropp
8th March 2016, 09:35 PM
Yeah all good. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow and see how we go. Yep well done to Jono & Mark for initiating all of this. Pretty awsome result I reckon.

Yes a great effort guys, well done

mudski
8th March 2016, 10:19 PM
Jonathan initiated this. Not me. But ill take it...lol.

Rossco
8th March 2016, 10:58 PM

Yeah I'd take it Markie, did a pretty awsome job with the raffle. . .

fracster
9th March 2016, 02:18 AM
You guys are bloody awesome, makes me want to emmigrate down there.

Bloodyaussie
9th March 2016, 06:11 AM

I would have loved to have seen this through but with my new job and the house situation it is just not possible and I would have not been able to give it 100%.

There is enough talent in this place to run with it and many people have done plenty (You know who you are)... We just need to make sure we are still fresh in the mind of the engine builder and he keeps to his word and I cannot see why he would not as he seemed very reasonable when I spoke with him.

Fracster you know the answer to your comment mate.... plenty from the UK that have taken the plunge... and not into the North bloody see thats for sure.

Sir Roofy
9th March 2016, 06:32 PM
Bonnet is off rad is out wiring disconnected
tomorrow arvo will attack drive shaft and gear box

morton2478
9th March 2016, 07:26 PM
All the best roofy may the transplant begin. well done every one

Sir Roofy
9th March 2016, 07:31 PM
All the best roofy may the transplant begin. well done every one

thanks mate bloody hard work

Rossco
9th March 2016, 07:31 PM
Spoke to the engine builder today, sounded like a good bloke. Remembered or case and stuck to $4200 for the motor, hasn't got one on the shelf at the moment but reckons next week sometime one will be ready, said their a pretty common one for him does about 60 a year.

In regards to warranty he needs new injectors and new turbo as these tend to fail and are too much a liability he reckons. Injector pump he was happy(ish) with using the old one. Said if we want to go down that path to drop off old motor with pump on it and he will remove and put on new motor. Seems pretty reasonable at least it will be ready to go, won't have to worry about setting pump etc.

Winnie
9th March 2016, 07:35 PM
Sounds like a pretty good deal Rossco.

Bloodyaussie
9th March 2016, 07:44 PM
Brilliant stuff rossco. ... your a man of action...lol.

Rossco
9th March 2016, 07:54 PM
Sounds like a pretty good deal Rossco.
Yeah sounds pretty good to me, Roofys happy too. . . Just need the $$$ then it can happen . . .

mudski
9th March 2016, 07:59 PM
Your the man Rossco. Does this sound good to Roofy?

Sir Roofy
9th March 2016, 08:33 PM
roofy is very happy any one free tomorrow arvo

jay see
10th March 2016, 12:38 PM
any one free tomorrow arvo

If only you where a little closer mate.

Sir Roofy
10th March 2016, 05:56 PM
Have we an up date on finale funds yet

mudski
10th March 2016, 05:58 PM
I havent transfered the coin to AB yet. As i have to transfer the PayPal fund to my bank account, which takes three days, then transfer to AB. Im hoping to have it transfered to AB tomorrow.

macca
10th March 2016, 06:20 PM

If only you where a little closer mate.

Yep all the jobs are done for the week the computer has done a dump in the accounting program. So not really doing much at all!

Sir Roofy
10th March 2016, 07:46 PM
Yep all the jobs are done for the week the computer has done a dump in the accounting program. So not really doing much at all!

Your welcome anytime mate

Sir Roofy
10th March 2016, 07:48 PM
I havent transfered the coin to AB yet. As i have to transfer the PayPal fund to my bank account, which takes three days, then transfer to AB. Im hoping to have it transfered to AB tomorrow.

Enjoy your w/end mate thanks again for an awesome job

Sir Roofy
11th March 2016, 07:32 PM
Few what a job another couple of bolts and the motor should be out

macca
11th March 2016, 07:33 PM
Has this new power plant been ordered yet? Other shizen is taking focus but we have a real job here to do as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Sir Roofy
11th March 2016, 07:43 PM
should be in the pipe works maybe next week Rossco is the man

Rossco
11th March 2016, 09:16 PM
should be in the pipe works maybe next week Rossco is the man
Yeah all good. He hasn't got one ready to go yet but said next week sometime one will be ready hopefully. Plan is to drop off old engine first to get the pump off to put on the new motor. Also need to organise funds when AB gets some time I guess.

Sounds like roofy is progressing well getting the motor out, if all goes well I'll pick it up at the end of the weekend.

Sir Roofy
12th March 2016, 07:41 PM
Well didn't feel like going up to the truck this arvo but being a tad stubborn went anyway crawling around underneath undoing
the last tight as nuts and bolts (why are the ones you have trouble getting at are the tightest)the starter motor was the worst
Any way she's OUT and on the floor

jay see
12th March 2016, 08:22 PM
Roofy as time is on your side ATM, why not hit every nut and bolt with wd40 and let it do its thing.

Starter bolts are a pain. Long extensions and uni joints.

Sir Roofy
13th March 2016, 06:21 PM
Yeah all good. He hasn't got one ready to go yet but said next week sometime one will be ready hopefully. Plan is to drop off old engine first to get the pump off to put on the new motor. Also need to organise funds when AB gets some time I guess.

Sounds like roofy is progressing well getting the motor out, if all goes well I'll pick it up at the end of the weekend.

Awaiting your arrival Sir Rossco

Rossco
14th March 2016, 08:35 PM
Motor picked up and safely in chrissy Hills, ready to be dropped off this week sometime.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/03/188.jpg

Sir Roofy
14th March 2016, 08:36 PM
Rossco and Jonathon and Matty paid a visit this afternoon on there way home
and picked up the motor thanks guys hope you got home safe

Winnie
14th March 2016, 08:38 PM
Awesome work guys

Bloodyaussie
14th March 2016, 08:39 PM
After an epic weekend away we stopped past roofy's place for a chat and to pick up his engine. .. good to see you ol bean.

Bloody tired now.

Cheers rossco.

threedogs
15th March 2016, 03:02 PM
Is it worthwhile stopping at a car wash and giving it $2 worth of cleaning???????
Plus time to gernie the engine bay as well?????

Rossco
15th March 2016, 04:29 PM
Is it worthwhile stopping at a car wash and giving it $2 worth of cleaning???????
Plus time to gernie the engine bay as well?????
Probly not worth cleaning the engine as it will be rebuilt anyway, plus manifolds and turbo etc are open so probly not the best.

Would love to see what's happened inside, I'll see if i can get him to send some photos in when it's stripped.

Spoke to him again will drop it off tomorrow arvo. Needs a few more things taken off which I'll do tonight- clutch, manifolds and injector lines, hopefully all goes well. . .

threedogs
15th March 2016, 04:40 PM
Im very interested in how the intake manifold looks

Rossco
15th March 2016, 04:43 PM
Im very interested in how the intake manifold looks
Still on the motor but so far looks spotless. The throttle body was clean as whistle. I'll chuck up a photo when i get it off. . .

threedogs
15th March 2016, 05:04 PM
This is another members inlet manifold, he lives in the UK I think
so might be more stop/start over there

Bloodyaussie
15th March 2016, 08:27 PM
How did you go today rossco with contacting the builder.?

Rossco
15th March 2016, 09:22 PM
How did you go today rossco with contacting the builder.?
Yeah good (see post 120). Just pulling a few bits off now. . . The $$ should be organized tomozza too, AB was going to transfer to me. . .

Bloodyaussie
15th March 2016, 09:33 PM
Yeah good (see post 120). Just pulling a few bits off now. . . The $$ should be organized tomozza too, AB was going to transfer to me. . .

Yeah thanks rossco you are a good bloke.. i have not transferred cash yet but was getting winnie to chuck a bit of cash into ab's account for stuff he bought from me .

Let me know if you need me to put cash elsewhere. ?

Sir Roofy
15th March 2016, 09:39 PM
Rossco pm bank details so we can put in short fall

Winnie
15th March 2016, 09:42 PM
Yeah thanks rossco you are a good bloke.. i have not transferred cash yet but was getting winnie to chuck a bit of cash into ab's account for stuff he bought from me .

Just done that earlier into AB's account.

Rossco
15th March 2016, 11:19 PM

Should be all good Jono, AB's transfered the funds to my account unless you want to put more in, should be apples, up to you tho. Think i have taken everything of the motor required. Hate to say it but 3 litres are pretty easy to work on- while out of the car anyway, everything seemed to go pretty smoothly . . . Nice little surprise! !

I'll go see the bloke first and get a final figure then see how much you'll have to top up roofy, I'll let you know tomorrow. If you could just pm through details for the invoice that would be good. Just need name address and phone no.

Avo
15th March 2016, 11:30 PM
can i ask how much was raised and how much more to go..Please...........

Rossco
15th March 2016, 11:39 PM
Yeah no worries, was going to have a final look tomorrow and get a firm price off the builder also. I'll put up some prices tomoz. Thinking i might have to do a little spread sheet so i don't get all confused ! ! . . .

Avo
16th March 2016, 12:09 AM
Yeah no worries, was going to have a final look tomorrow and get a firm price off the builder also. I'll put up some prices tomoz. Thinking i might have to do a little spread sheet so i don't get all confused ! ! . . .

thanks mate..still got some mothers day money set aside...i had salad yesterday and a ......well you can guess...so i have some spare if you guys need a little more

Sir Roofy
16th March 2016, 08:11 PM
How did it go mate did you have a chance to see the engine builder

Rossco
16th March 2016, 08:28 PM
How did it go mate did you have a chance to see the engine builder
Yep, went very well engine is droped off. He is a great bloke was there for nearly an hour chatting and pretty much wandered throughout the workshop. Got there the door was closed, knocked on the door then he opened the roller door and there was massive GQ clean as high mount on 37s then thought this is looking good! ! (Was his one) Anyway new one should be ready Friday or Monday same deal. He's pretty laid back haven't paid for out yet as transfer wasn't available.

I'll put up some figures of where we're at soon. I'll leave it open for a couple more days, no pressure but if anyone does want to contribute send me a pm.

Rossco
16th March 2016, 10:38 PM
Total funds that have been raised from contributions and raffle is $4,302.
Engine cost is $4200 (which he has given a really generous discount from $4650 thanks to jonos good work), plus extra parts takes it to approx $5940. which leaves a difference of $1368 at this stage. As i said no pressure, I think it has been a pretty amazing result so far but the opportunity is still there (to chuck in) if anyone would like.

Bob
17th March 2016, 10:10 AM
Total funds that have been raised from contributions and raffle is $4,302.
Engine cost is $4200 (which he has given a really generous discount from $4650 thanks to jonos good work) New injectors are $780 (free fitting) also new turbo is $960. Both of these are required for him to warranty motor. Injector pump is being swapped for free.
So total is $5940 which leaves a difference of $1368 at this stage. As i said no pressure, I think it has been a pretty amazing result so far but the opportunity is still there (to chuck in) if anyone would like.

Correct me if I am wrong but $5,940 less $4,302 is $1,638 shortfall

Rossco
17th March 2016, 10:42 AM
Ohh yes whoops typo!! My bad thanks Bob ☺. . .

threedogs
17th March 2016, 11:33 AM

600 years in the banking game will do that lol

Rossco
18th March 2016, 06:14 PM
Got a text from the engine builder, everything seems to be on track and should be ready to be picked up Monday provided the injectors come in. Said cracked head and blown piston was the cause of is troubles, sent through a couple of pictures but kind of hard to see.

Another generous donation taking the total to $4402 !!

macca
18th March 2016, 06:36 PM

Did that paying my credit card once, the bank whacked me for interest then got me next month as it took a few days for the statement to arrive, mongrels.
Feel your pain Rossco.

Rossco
18th March 2016, 07:00 PM
Did that paying my credit card once, the bank whacked me for interest then got me next month as it took a few days for the statement to arrive, mongrels.
Feel your pain Rossco.
Yep accountant - another job i would be no good at ! ! Get a bit dislecic with numbers, always dialing the wrong ones haha. . .

Bloodyaussie
18th March 2016, 07:03 PM
Yep accountant - another job i would be no good at ! ! Get a bit dislecic with numbers, always dialing the wrong ones haha. . .

Mate the number matters not its the effort you put into this that counts..... well done.

Sir Roofy
18th March 2016, 08:21 PM
Got a text from the engine builder, everything seems to be on track and should be ready to be picked up Monday provided the injectors come in. blown Said cracked head and piston was the cause of is troubles, sent through a couple of pictures but kind of hard to see.

Another generous donation taking the total to $4402 !!

That's interesting as all temps read ok wonder how long the head was cracked for and where
as there wasn't any water in the oil

macca
18th March 2016, 08:47 PM
That's interesting as all temps read ok wonder how long the head was cracked for and where

Whats this mate? defending yourself in just 2 lines? hahaha

Who cares your on the fast track to a new motor with a bunch of good mates to give you a hand.

Life has to be real bloody good for you and Jane about right now.

Rossco
18th March 2016, 09:02 PM
Yeah be interesting having a closer look at it. The poor old thing certainly smelt like burnt oil. Sure Omar will have his theory, certainly seems to know his s#!t ☺

nissannewby
18th March 2016, 09:13 PM
Possible faulty injector. Not atomising correctly meaning one cylinder running richer so hotter. No effects on engine temp as its only 1 cylinder. Extra heat from the faulty injector can cause the cracking and melting.

Only my theory though.

Sir Roofy
18th March 2016, 10:33 PM
Possible faulty injector. Not atomising correctly meaning one cylinder running richer so hotter. No effects on engine temp as its only 1 cylinder. Extra heat from the faulty injector can cause the cracking and melting.

Only my theory though.

was thinking along those lines thanks mate

Sir Roofy
18th March 2016, 10:39 PM
Whats this mate? defending yourself in just 2 lines? hahaha

Who cares your on the fast track to a new motor with a bunch of good mates to give you a hand.

Life has to be real bloody good for you and Jane about right now.

On top of the world mate but interested in what may have caused it thinking injector

Sir Roofy
18th March 2016, 10:43 PM
Yeah be interesting having a closer look at it. The poor old thing certainly smelt like burnt oil. Sure Omar will have his theory, certainly seems to know his s#!t ☺

It was burnt beyond belief mate any hotter it would have burst into flames if it had
clean air

threedogs
19th March 2016, 02:53 PM
Hindsight now but did you ever run any kind of injector cleaner

Sir Roofy
19th March 2016, 06:46 PM
Hindsight now but did you ever run any kind of injector cleaner

Yep I did nulon

mudski
23rd March 2016, 10:02 AM
Any dates locked in for the transplant? After easter weekend, the next weekend I have a 40th to go too. My best mates so I'm not missing that. The weekend after I have to be down at our Rosebud holiday house for the last time cleaning it out. As it got sold. Stupid f*&king money hungry aunty of mine... Anyhow. I may be able to sneak away from there on Saturday arvo. Depending on how much we get down I suppose....
Free after then. Lol.

Kimbo63
23rd March 2016, 12:33 PM

Only my theory though.
X2 on this one I know there is a lot of talk about piston cooling squirts causing piston melt down but I think injector driple is more to blame but gets overlooked as the piston melts and destroys the evidence
Cheers Kimbo

Sir Roofy
23rd March 2016, 05:15 PM
X2 on this one I know there is a lot of talk about piston cooling squirts causing piston melt down but I think injector driple is more to blame but gets overlooked as the piston melts and destroys the evidence
Cheers Kimbo

Thinking this could be a possible may be the man Rossco could quize the engine rebuilder about this
when he see's him

Sir Roofy
23rd March 2016, 05:20 PM
Any dates locked in for the transplant? After easter weekend, the next weekend I have a 40th to go too. My best mates so I'm not missing that. The weekend after I have to be down at our Rosebud holiday house for the last time cleaning it out. As it got sold. Stupid f*&king money hungry aunty of mine... Anyhow. I may be able to sneak away from there on Saturday arvo. Depending on how much we get down I suppose....
Free after then. Lol.

Hoping it will be early April could be out of the shop this week even today maybe

Rossco
23rd March 2016, 08:58 PM
Hoping it will be early April could be out of the shop this week even today maybe

Lookout ! !

Hello sexy ZD30 . . . Looks pretty awsome under the glad wrap ☺ . . .

Bloodyaussie
23rd March 2016, 08:59 PM

Lookout ! !

Brilliant stuff rossco. .. look forward to the next stage.

Now.... where are my straps !!!!!!

Rossco
23rd March 2016, 09:03 PM
Brilliant stuff rossco. .. look forward to the next stage.

Now.... where are my straps !!!!!!
Ah they fell off ! ! haha,

Just spoke to roofy a bit earlier. He is going to coordinate the next stage and lock in a date that works for all involved that we agreed on.

macca
23rd March 2016, 09:07 PM
Goot Shizen!

Hodge
23rd March 2016, 09:14 PM
Looking good. Nearly there roofy. ..

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Maxhead
23rd March 2016, 09:18 PM

Lookout ! !

On ya Rosco, looking good mate.
Bet it puts a smile on ya face Roofy, and even bigger grin when it's in...LOL. You might even have to have a few moonshines to celebrate once the job is done :)

Sir Roofy
23rd March 2016, 09:21 PM
On ya Rosco, looking good mate.
Bet it puts a smile on ya face Roofy, and even bigger grin when it's in...LOL. You might even have to have a few moonshines to celebrate once the job is done :)

Thanks Krisso you sending a stubby full down oops Jane-o says Darwin stubby

rusty_nail
26th March 2016, 05:13 PM
Well done Rossco. Glad to see things are moving along so quickly!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Stropp
26th March 2016, 05:52 PM
Well done to everyone involved, good to see the motor ready for the Roofy mobile ?

Bloodyaussie
26th March 2016, 06:01 PM
Answer to your question roofy is yes mate i will be right to go.... there maybe a slight chance i will be working till 11am on the Saturday but head straight there after work.

Sir Roofy
26th March 2016, 06:11 PM
Answer to your question roofy is yes mate i will be right to go.... there maybe a slight chance i will be working till 11am on the Saturday but head straight there after work.

Thanks mate

Rossco
26th March 2016, 08:28 PM
As discussed I'll be all good after next weekend. Think we're right for most things but will need egr blanking plates (both ends). Have most if not all gaskets but will check to see what we need, have a feeling there's just one we need. Manifold need a clean (intake), i can do this in the meantime, what's the best way degreaser and pressure washer? I'll chuck up a pic, but the egr part of it has reasonable amounts of carbon build up. (Sorry 3D should have done it sooner)

Clutch think we're using the old one due to funds would be ideal to put in a new one but the old one has a bit of meat left on it so will be all good for now. . .

Bloodyaussie
26th March 2016, 08:33 PM
As discussed I'll be all good after next weekend. Think we're right for most things but will need egr blanking plates (both ends). Have most if not all gaskets but will check to see what we need, have a feeling there's just one we need. Manifold need a clean (intake), i can do this in the meantime, what's the best way degreaser and pressure washer? I'll chuck up a pic, but the egr part of it has reasonable amounts of carbon build up. (Sorry 3D should have done it sooner)

Clutch think we're using the old one due to funds would be ideal to put in a new one but the old one has a bit of meat left on it so will be all good for now. . .

I agree on the clutch situation and it would be good to replace... what was our special love price for the clutch conversion.?

Rossco
26th March 2016, 08:38 PM
I agree on the clutch situation and it would be good to replace... what was our special love price for the clutch conversion.?
Who was the price or where was it coming from? . . . Markie?
What about agr plates where do we source them? . . .

Sir Roofy
26th March 2016, 08:44 PM

Ive got one blanking plate

Clutch will have to do ive got no ready funds for that but will be putting away for it
I know it would be good to do it now but that's the way it goes

mudski
26th March 2016, 09:12 PM
Who was the price or where was it coming from? . . . Markie?
What about agr plates where do we source them? . . .
Is the pressure plate dual mass or solid? Id have to ring and find out but i think a kit with flywheel is about $700. I think. Egr plates Roofy will have the old one and you only need to block it at the manifold, or on the egr pipe at the rear lower right side of the motor.

Rossco
26th March 2016, 09:23 PM
Is the pressure plate dual mass or solid? Id have to ring and find out but i think a kit with flywheel is about $700. I think. Egr plates Roofy will have the old one and you only need to block it at the manifold, or on the egr pipe at the rear lower right side of the motor.

It's a Dual mass one. Omar said to block both ends is best, does that sound right? . . .

Sir Roofy
26th March 2016, 09:25 PM
It's a Dual mass one. Omar said to block both ends is best, does that sound right? . . .

I only blocked the top that was 4yrs ago

mudski
26th March 2016, 09:30 PM
No point in blocking both ends. Its blocked totally with one plate.

Rossco
26th March 2016, 09:39 PM
No point in blocking both ends. Its blocked totally with one plate.

Yeah that's what i kinda figured but builder said do both. Guess it's over engineering but sometimes that's not a bad thing . . .

mudski
26th March 2016, 09:42 PM
Yeah that's what i kinda figured but builder said do both. Guess it's over engineering but sometimes that's not a bad thing . . .
If you want to add another plate i would add one on the egr pipe itself. I have them here if you want to put one on.

matfew
27th March 2016, 12:02 AM
woohoo roofy I've missed this thread completely.

Things have taken a big step up since we picked it up good on ya Rosco.

AB
27th March 2016, 08:36 AM
Only just catching up on the forum too, great work Rossco.

You must be pumped Roofy, look forward to seeing it back on the road!

Sir Roofy
27th March 2016, 10:06 AM
Only just catching up on the forum too, great work Rossco.

You must be pumped Roofy, look forward to seeing it back on the road!

I'm really stoked mate but not as much as Jane-o she's excited beyond believe
when the motor pulled the pin we were both pretty devastated as we had been
planning our trip for quite a while thanks to the generosity of the Forum
we might just make it and the work that Jonathon and Rossco and Mark is more
than Awsome and now the count down begins till were mobile again

rusty_nail
27th March 2016, 12:54 PM
I'm really stoked mate but not as much as Jane-o she's excited beyond believe
when the motor pulled the pin we were both pretty devastated as we had been
planning our trip for quite a while thanks to the generosity of the Forum
we might just make it and the work that Jonathon and Rossco and Mark is more
than Awsome and now the count down begins till were mobile again
Still no idea when the transplant will be happening mate? Sounds like it will be quite close to the end of my honeymoon it will take some serious convincing with the missus to be there lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

threedogs
5th April 2016, 05:39 PM
Bumped,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whats the latest ???

Sir Roofy
5th April 2016, 06:22 PM
Bumped,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whats the latest ???

Nearly there John count down is on picked up oil and coolant today

Sir Roofy
5th April 2016, 06:25 PM
Mudski got a good deal on a clutch so we went for broke on that
thanks Mark means a lot

Rossco is doing a couple of jobs on the motor
thanks Rossco

threedogs
5th April 2016, 06:26 PM
Was this motor a sort of change over??

Sir Roofy
5th April 2016, 06:43 PM
Was this motor a sort of change over??

Yea kinda but after what i've read what Rossco has said and seen I'm not worried
the boys got a good deal so we'll see what happens

threedogs
5th April 2016, 06:45 PM
Reason was I was going to get some bits off the old motor but thats not the case eh
Ill try a different route, lol

Sir Roofy
5th April 2016, 06:47 PM
Reason was I was going to get some bits off the old motor but thats not the case eh
Ill try a different route, lol

Sorry john the head was no good cracked and most goes back on

threedogs
5th April 2016, 06:57 PM
alls good.

Maxhead
5th April 2016, 09:39 PM
Hey mate, give us an idea when this huge party is in ON so we can organise the whole country to show up...lol

Maxhead
5th April 2016, 09:44 PM
Ohh, I forgot the motor install....

Sir Roofy
5th April 2016, 09:47 PM
Hey mate, give us an idea when this huge party is in ON so we can organise the whole country to show up...lol

Mate I have an idea when but have to check a couple of venues out first

watch this space for future bulletins

going into hospital on the 19th be crook for another 14days after that
then might be right for a shindig then

mudski
5th April 2016, 10:11 PM
Theres a long weekend coming up. Three days out Licola way would run the new donk in nice a good. Lol.

Sir Roofy
6th April 2016, 09:42 AM
Theres a long weekend coming up. Three days out Licola way would run the new donk in nice a good. Lol.

Don't think i'll be up for that might be a bit tender after the op

AB
7th April 2016, 03:52 PM
I have a present here for you Roofy that some mysterious person dropped off.

Touses
7th April 2016, 04:06 PM
Roof top bag?

macca
7th April 2016, 04:11 PM
Those roof top bags must be worth a bob to be crated!

Sir Roofy
7th April 2016, 04:56 PM
I have a present here for you Roofy that some mysterious person dropped off.

AHHHHHHHHHHH thanks mate not sure who that would be but a
VERY BIG thankyou for that coldy in the fridge for him

Rossco
7th April 2016, 05:27 PM
Oooooh nice, not long now. Hopfully we have most things covered we have been doing a bit of brainstorming lately but will have a bit of a look at the engine tonight. Still need to clean the inlet manifold. Hope all that goes well. . .

lucus30
7th April 2016, 06:04 PM

Oh noooo after that. I'm doing border track that weekend and I'm desperate as to come to roofys new donk party

Rossco
7th April 2016, 06:32 PM
donk party

lol . . .

Bloodyaussie
7th April 2016, 06:45 PM
Good news. .. i am not working Saturday morning.

Rossco
7th April 2016, 06:53 PM
Good news. .. i am not working Saturday morning.
Ah sweet. Did you want to go up in convoy or car pool? I was aiming to get to the property @ 8 am, its a bit of an early start. . .

matfew
7th April 2016, 06:54 PM
What ya doing Friday night 😉 in working that side of town so...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

nissannewby
7th April 2016, 07:30 PM
Yea kinda but after what i've read what Rossco has said and seen I'm not worried
the boys got a good deal so we'll see what happens

How did the injectors test up?

Rossco
7th April 2016, 07:42 PM
How did the injectors test up?
There brand new. Original pump tho, had been swapped by builder so should be all good to go hopefully. Just need to hook up the lines and bleed.

Hodge
7th April 2016, 07:43 PM
Seems like you'll be back in no time Roofy!

Rossco
7th April 2016, 07:43 PM
What ya doing Friday night 😉 in working that side of town so...

Just chilln and getting all the stuff loaded ready to go in the morn. So . . .

Sir Roofy
7th April 2016, 07:46 PM
Seems like you'll be back in no time Roofy!

Fingers X mate and the weather is good to us might have it home Sunday

nissannewby
7th April 2016, 07:51 PM
There brand new. Original pump tho, had been swapped by builder so should be all good to go hopefully. Just need to hook up the lines and bleed.

Did the old ones get tested?

Sir Roofy
7th April 2016, 07:58 PM
Oh noooo after that. I'm doing border track that weekend and I'm desperate as to come to roofys new donk party

you should be ok lucas wont be till I get over this op guessing ill be a bit tender for a bit

Rossco
7th April 2016, 08:05 PM
Did the old ones get tested?
Nah they didn't. Think he does so many motors he doesn't really have time to play around with the stuff that gets scrapped. Asked him why he reckoned it failed, said cracks in head probably lead to lower comp in one cylinder just stressing averything out and possibly injector as well, maybe getting clogged with coolant crystals. Had a look at the head, there were quite a few little cracks between the valves. Wanted to have a look at the piston but that was gone or couldn't find it. . . Bugger. .

Rossco
7th April 2016, 08:17 PM
Fingers X mate and the weather is good to us might have it home Sunday
Yeah really looking forward to hearing this baby purr. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I'll give Omar a call tomorrow give him the heads up.

AB
7th April 2016, 08:42 PM
Good on you for taking charge and making this happen for the old boy Rossco!

nissannewby
7th April 2016, 08:43 PM
you should be ok lucas wont be till I get over this op guessing ill be a bit tender for a bit

Is there a date for this new donk party?

AB
7th April 2016, 08:44 PM
Don't forget to take the goodies down with you, they are still in my car.

Rossco
7th April 2016, 08:49 PM
Don't forget to take the goodies down with you, they are still in my car.
Ooh yes I'll grab em tomorrow, might have to have a sneaky beer . . .

lucus30
7th April 2016, 08:50 PM
Ooh yes I'll grab em tomorrow, will have to have a sneaky beer . . .

Fixed it for you... pfft whats this might stuff

Sir Roofy
7th April 2016, 09:01 PM
Is there a date for this new donk party?

Not as yet mate

mudski
7th April 2016, 09:28 PM
Ill be there Saturday arvo sometime. Gotta do the house cleanout down on the Peninsula. As hand over is during the week...Im hoping to leave there by 3 at the latest. Might take an hour or two to get there.
Depending how much we get done at the house ill roll out the swag Satdy night or will have to make tracks back to the house that night.
Annnnnd. I must remeber to bring those lights down.

jay see
7th April 2016, 10:04 PM
Brilliant work gents.
Hope it all goes well.

matfew
7th April 2016, 10:16 PM
I might be able to drop past four a child one n grab the clutch tomorrow 😉 just incase it's too far outta ya way rossco haha

mudski
7th April 2016, 11:51 PM

Is that the OP Roofy's been talking about he's having? Addadicktomy? :thumbup:

Bloodyaussie
8th April 2016, 03:44 PM
Well better late than never but jim just coughed up the $200 he promised to pledge. ... didn't even hassle him either.

Rossco
8th April 2016, 10:25 PM

All packed & ready to go.

mudski
8th April 2016, 11:25 PM
See ya tomorrow arvo.

macca
9th April 2016, 07:19 AM
Good on you who are working on Craig & Jane's Patrol today and tomorrow. You are legends.

Best of luck and knowing you are local if you need bits you know where to go.

Wait to hear the terrific news when she rumbles again!

mudski
9th April 2016, 08:17 AM
Well better late than never but jim just coughed up the $200 he promised to pledge. ... didn't even hassle him either.

Being a new motor it will need an oil change or two earlier up so it would come in handy for this maybe?

threedogs
9th April 2016, 09:07 AM
This must give you a warm fuzzy feeling.
could even be compared to you know what he he

Id be putting cheaper oil in first as it will be coming out
after 500 ks if that.

Just noticed Rossco your little door opens heaps
how are your tail lights//

macca
9th April 2016, 02:08 PM
I don't know about Roofy's engine, our 3.0TD Hiace vans did 10000klm before their 1st oil change and 1st service.
Toyota would of put good oil in from the get go without a doubt or they couldn't offer the amazing warranty's on new cars.
Good oil is cheap compared to another engine swap, it's false economy to use some cheap stuff.
Do it once - do it right!

threedogs
9th April 2016, 02:34 PM
not cheap as is poor quality it was more a cheaper brand ,
personally Id probably run what Im going to use down the track

macca
9th April 2016, 03:02 PM
Bang Head Talk a bout confuse a bloke with what your going on about????

Bloodyaussie
9th April 2016, 08:04 PM
Me tired...... long day and still going.

Bloodyaussie
10th April 2016, 12:08 AM
Well i just got home from a very long day lying in the dirt.
We did not get it finished tonight as a couple of things held us up but there is only a radiator to fit and fill all the oils and coolant.

Big huge thanks to rossco , matty ,mark and winnie for all chipping in their time to get roofy on the road ... also roofy for feeding us ...as usual there was laughs to be had and problems to be solved.. good day lads.

Cheers !!!!

Winnie
10th April 2016, 08:12 AM
There are not many cars where you can stand in the engine bay to work on the motor. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/04/65.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/04/66.jpg

Winnie
10th April 2016, 09:01 AM
Roofys new motor! About 0.2 horse power but can run for miles! http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/04/67.jpg

Kimbo63
10th April 2016, 09:04 AM
Doing a great job there guys wish I could be there to lend a hand :thumbup:

Bloodyaussie
10th April 2016, 10:05 AM
One funny thing was rossco losing his cool with that bloody engine mount. ..

I also nearly gave up but thanks to perseverance and mark having a fresh crack at it we won... took a big chunk of our time the prick of a thing.

As discussed if anyone asks to help with doing zd30 engine mounts the answer is NO!!!!!

I hope the boys are going well this morning and wish them well for roofy's sake.

Rossco
10th April 2016, 11:49 AM
She's alive baby!!! Just fired up, sounds smooth as. 66142

matfew
10th April 2016, 11:52 AM
Awesome news. How's roofy smiling I bet. Wish I stayed but ah well. Glad it's go going

Bloodyaussie
10th April 2016, 12:02 PM
Just got off the phone with mark and got the news.... bloody awesome stuff and well done mark and rossco for sticking it out guys.. cant thank you guys enough.

They were just about to go for a test drive while i was talking to them so hope all goes well and we see the video soon.

mudski
10th April 2016, 12:03 PM
Booh yeah!

growler2058
10th April 2016, 12:18 PM
Well i just got home from a very long day lying in the dirt.
We did not get it finished tonight as a couple of things held us up but there is only a radiator to fit and fill all the oils and coolant.

Big huge thanks to rossco , matty ,mark and winnie for all chipping in their time to get roofy on the road ... also roofy for feeding us ...as usual there was laughs to be had and problems to be solved.. good day lads.

Cheers !!!!

Well done Jonno you're a bloody champion!

Your over there, its theirs, they're looking for.......................has improved greatly. Now for commas (,) and you're away cock

threedogs
10th April 2016, 12:25 PM
Well done to all involved awesome news, did not take long at all. lol
Get the fishing lines set up eh Roofy

Irish
10th April 2016, 01:06 PM
Thats a frickin awesome result, it's the feel good story of the year!!!!!!!

macca
10th April 2016, 01:28 PM
Fantastic news, well done to the fundraisers, those who donated be it prizes, cash, parts whatever, the organisers, the bankers, the shoppers and couriers every one and lastly the mechanics.

So happy to read of your success:band::1062::1062::1062::animierte-smilies-t

taslucas
10th April 2016, 01:30 PM
Congratulations to everyone that helped. Good stuff guys. If I was closer I would have definitely come to drink beer and eat.
Happy motoring roofy!

>>>tappin from tassie

mudski
10th April 2016, 01:30 PM
Just back at Roofys. All done and dusted. And dusty. Having a beer and grub then on my way home.

AB
10th April 2016, 02:28 PM
Woohoo!!!

Well done everybody, kudos to you all!!!

I bet Roofy is grinning ear to ear now!

mudnut
10th April 2016, 03:01 PM
Good onya, blokes. :bowdown:.

lucus30
10th April 2016, 03:44 PM
Great stuff guys. Great to see and makes me proud to be a member here

So happy for you roofy. I hope you like your new donk and can't wait to hit the tracks with you

And also would have loved to helped but my skills are limited although I can swing a spanner under direction I guess

But as some one mentioned earlier too many chefs or some such

I'm glad my donation has gone to a successful outcome. My wife and I donated about 2k to beyond blue last year and whilst it's a great charity its nice to see the end result in this case

Bah too much rambling I'm just soooo sooo stoked for you mate