PDA

View Full Version : Free dog to good home

jay see
1st March 2016, 09:25 PM
We are going to be moving in with the in laws soon, thats another story.
Unfortunately our dog can't come with us. I don't want to take him to the pound in cause no one takes him and they put him down.
So please pass the word around.
He's about 12 months old and is always wanting to be around people. Being a pup he is full of energy something that we just haven't got the time to satisfied he's need.
Pics to come or have a look at the show me your dogs thread. He's just a little bigger now.

lucus30
1st March 2016, 09:39 PM
Oh man looks cute I hope some one takes him. Not me unfortunately that would end in divorce. One dog is enough maybe 3ds might be interested

AB
2nd March 2016, 06:27 AM
Don't give it away to someone you don't know mate.

jay see
2nd March 2016, 08:53 AM
A few recent shots.

AB. Would even be happy if he went to a friend of a friend, at least.

Winnie
2nd March 2016, 08:59 AM
A few recent shots.

AB. Would even be happy if he went to a friend of a friend, at least.

What AB means is that if the dog has to go to a person you do not know, you need to get some money for him.
People who run dog fights always look out for free dogs, they will not pay money. Legitimate people will pay money.
You don't want this pup going into dog fights.

jay see
2nd March 2016, 09:05 AM
What AB means is that if the dog has to go to a person you do not know, you need to get some money for him.
People who run dog fights always look out for free dogs, they will not pay money. Legitimate people will pay money.
You don't want this pup going into dog fights.

Fark no!!!
Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.
We got him from my nieces boyfriends mate and we offered to pay something, but they were happy to have him to go to a family.

Winnie
2nd March 2016, 09:17 AM
Fark no!!!
Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.
We got him from my nieces boyfriends mate and we offered to pay something, but they were happy to have him to go to a family.

Obviously if it's someone you know and trust then it shouldn't be a problem... I just would not advertise the dog for free.

Finezy
2nd March 2016, 10:50 AM
hey mate, I am interested pending approval of the misses obviously :bowdown:. Has he been around kids and other dogs and if so how is he?

jay see
2nd March 2016, 11:20 AM
hey mate, I am interested pending approval of the misses obviously :bowdown:. Has he been around kids and other dogs and if so how is he?

No so good with other dogs while out and about, could be different if there was another one in the backyard always.
Great with the kids, I've got nieces and nephews that range from age 3 to mid twenties. As long as they spend time with him he won't jump all over them, he is only a pup very excited.

threedogs
2nd March 2016, 11:27 AM
Id take him in a heart beat, but Im going off dogs for awhile.
Tyson took a bit of me with him I think

Finezy
2nd March 2016, 11:31 AM
Okie dokie, i'll get back to you.

Bloodyaussie
2nd March 2016, 06:11 PM
The dog is gorgeous. ... bad timing for me as i will be looking for a larger dog in the future.

growler2058
2nd March 2016, 06:15 PM
The dog is gorgeous. ... bad timing for me as i will be looking for a larger dog in the future.

Just get it cock, think of how happy he'd be with you n yours

Woof
2nd March 2016, 07:29 PM
What breed is he mate, if he has some Kelpie or Heeler in him you could get in touch with http://www.workingdogrescue.com.au/ I have been involved with them for a few years now performing home checks on potential adopters and foster carers. Great people

jay see
2nd March 2016, 07:43 PM
What breed is he mate, if he has some Kelpie or Heeler in him you could get in touch with http://www.workingdogrescue.com.au/ I have been involved with them for a few years now performing home checks on potential adopters and foster carers. Great people

Not 100% sure, but have been to that he's a staffie x Kelpie.
I do like this idea, will look into it tomorrow.

He's a good dog, a typical energetic puppy

Finezy
3rd March 2016, 05:14 AM
No go mate. Spoke to the misses last night and she's worried he'll eat her little shit head ankle biter.

BigRAWesty
3rd March 2016, 08:47 AM
No go mate. Spoke to the misses last night and she's worried he'll eat her little shit head ankle biter.
That would solve more problems than create I would have though lol..

Unfortunately with a very teritorial begal I don't think they'll do well..

Hopefully the working dog rescue will be able to assist..

threedogs
3rd March 2016, 08:53 AM
I picked it for a staffy/kelpie cross very gentle mix thats for sure.
Go on BA you know you want to.
Has he got basic obedience , sit, stay that sort of thing

jay see
3rd March 2016, 06:22 PM

That's fine mate, gotta keep the wife happy.

That would solve more problems than create I would have though lol..

Unfortunately with a very teritorial begal I don't think they'll do well..

Hopefully the working dog rescue will be able to assist..

Again, that's fine mate.

Haven't had a chance to look into the dog rescue yet but will.

I picked it for a staffy/kelpie cross very gentle mix thats for sure.
Go on BA you know you want to.
Has he got basic obedience , sit, stay that sort of thing

Yes, he understands sit, stay we are working on only because it's hard when you have kids kicking a ball around. He loves balls. I had to stop bringing him to training cause he would bark the whole session.

If anyone is interested they are more than welcome to come over and see him.

jay see
10th March 2016, 12:28 PM
Have spoken to the Lord Smith and they are happy to take him and re home him. Just need to wait for them to have room, maybe early next week. Sad but good. Weird feeling.

threedogs
10th March 2016, 12:36 PM
Lort Smith will rehouse him dont worry he'll go to a great new home.

jay see
15th March 2016, 11:10 PM
Sad day.

The RSPCA has taken our dog and will give him every chance of living a long and loving life with another family.

Avo
15th March 2016, 11:13 PM
Sad day.

The RSPCA has taken our dog and will give him every chance of living a long and loving life with another family.

Sad indeed......hope you have heaps of photo's mate........one of my friends work for a dog rescue in WA....SAFE..these people are awesome...you're dog will find a good home i hope.

jack
15th March 2016, 11:42 PM
Sad day.

If it's any consolation two of our last three dogs have come from the RSPCA. They had/have wonderful lives with us, (one is lying on the couch sleeping right now).
Someone will take him and love him, I'm sure of it.

TPC
15th March 2016, 11:44 PM
My previous dog came from the RSPCA, he is sure to find a good family.