PDA

View Full Version : Fuchs Oils

Wizard52
29th February 2016, 02:29 PM
Hi all

Has anyone used fully synthetic Fuchs oils in their vehicles.
It has been recommended to me and price is considerably cheaper than the Penrite semi synthetic I have been using.
Normal CFX oil even cheaper.
Changing to fully synthetic will blow a bit of smoke for 1st oil change but after that back to normal so at that price it would make sense to go full synthetic.
Any thoughts?

threedogs
29th February 2016, 02:53 PM
IMO cheap oil is cheap for a reason,
I use Penrite diesel 5/40 with no problems at all

macca
29th February 2016, 03:29 PM
I know nothing about Fuchs oils, a guy who worked for us had a Peugeot sedan with a diesel engine that went like a cat shot in the freckle.
He changed to Fuchs and his round town fuel economy improved from 5 to 3.75 litre / 100 klm (foggy memory there) it must be slippery stuff.
He went to the bikes at Phillip Island and 4 blokes with their gear the thing returned 5/100 at 110kph down the Hume.
He is very mechanically minded and knows his way round engines, 4B's, bikes etc He was very impressed with the stuff, I have no idea which oil it was though.

Sir Roofy
29th February 2016, 03:48 PM
If your going to try it you will find the first oil change as black as midnight on a stormy night
it cleans every thing out of the engine even the sump
by the third change it will hardly have any colour in it at all
up your way id use a heavier grade 5w50 /5w30 seems to thin for the hot weather
its easy to over fill with full synthetic its hard to see on the stick
I used Hi-tech full synthetic for a while but found it coming through the gaskets and seals

threedogs
29th February 2016, 03:57 PM
If your going to try it you will find the first oil change as black as midnight on a stormy night
it cleans every thing out of the engine even the sump
by the third change it will hardly have any colour in it at all
up your way id use a heavier grade 5w50 /5w30 seems to thin for the hot weather
its easy to over fill with full synthetic its hard to see on the stick
I used Hi-tech full synthetic for a while but found it coming through the gaskets and seals

A little tip if you cant read the dip stick, when I was repairing underground tanks
all we did was rub a bit of chalk on the increments and you then should be able to
see the level

growler2058
29th February 2016, 04:03 PM
A little tip if you cant read the dip stick, when I was repairing underground tanks
all we did was rub a bit of chalk on the increments and you then should be able to
see the level

Or put ya bloody glasses on Roofy!

Sir Roofy
29th February 2016, 05:40 PM
Or put ya bloody glasses on Roofy!

Bugger I should have put me sunnys on mate thanks for that

GeeYou8
29th February 2016, 11:09 PM
see the level

I am pretty sure I don't want chalk in my oil.
Graham

morton2478
1st March 2016, 06:07 AM
We used to run fuchs oil and grease in our tractor fleet up here in our machines they would run 24/7 for 9 months of the year and never once had an issue always serviced every 600hrs used it in my old troopy for 3 years and she was the same never missed a beet i would use it again

Irish
1st March 2016, 06:26 AM
Always ran fuchs oil in my bikes & cars back home and they ran like a dream. My mates ran it in their racebikes too.

Very good reputable oil brand(unless they've been taken over and I didn't hear).

Wizard52
30th September 2016, 03:17 PM
Was talking to the Fuchs rep at the store the other day. He said they made the oil for Mercedes and other major brands as well in Europe and they are building a major processing plant here in the good old land of Oz.
Have changed to standard 10-40 and it seems to idle a fraction (50 revs perhaps) higher. Seems to clean everything better as oil stayed clean for a day or so before going black as black. Has not used any oil either after about 3,000k so will continue to to change every 5,000k as usual

TimE
30th September 2016, 05:23 PM
I heard you pronounce it "Fuchs as in chooks"

............... not as in ducks :)

ranga071981
21st January 2017, 08:07 PM
Im a mechanic by trade and we use fuchs as our main oil at work. never had a drama with it at all, we use syn sn 10w40 in all patrols and they seam to be fine with our regular temps upto 45 degrees. Cant be that bad if john deere oil is just relabeled fuchs oils.