PDA

View Full Version : Just what we needed... not

the evil twin
26th February 2016, 06:02 PM
Police Mobile Test rigs targeting Truck and 'large' 4WD's

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/wa-police-to-introduce-roadside-4wd-and-truck-inspection-station-20160225-gn3ryr.html

threedogs
26th February 2016, 06:12 PM
Wow you guys go over the pits once a year for rego dont you?
Cant see how this would worry law abiding jo blow.
Seems to me they dont like 4x4ers anywhere

the evil twin
26th February 2016, 06:15 PM
Wow you guys go over the pits once a year for rego dont you?

Nope... no annual roadworthy's over here.
Which is why every second car is a total POS.
They are going after 'large' 4WD's and the Truckies because it is the easiest target with the most political mileage

Stropp
26th February 2016, 06:50 PM
i hope they have legislation to cover the use of it as it will be interesting to see if they get challenged if its not written into law.

gubigfish
26th February 2016, 09:56 PM
I'd like to know what this is going to acheive, apart from pissing off a lot of four wheel drive owners. I'll admit there are people who do the wrong thing but why punish everyone for the mistakes of a few.

Patrol'n
26th February 2016, 10:02 PM
Bloody heck, I always believe in keeping my rig in good condition, but seems awful unfair to only test trucks and 'large' 4WD's. If they want to operate that kind of test rig, surely the same rules should apply to all vehicles!

Pretty sure any poorly maintained car has the potential to cause accidents, injury etc. Just testing some vehicles and not others could be seen as discriminatory perhaps?

threedogs
27th February 2016, 10:03 AM
Its up to us,, the owner to keep our Patrols in the best condition we can, bar a few Fwits
If it gets the dangerous Vehicles off the road all the better.
As for trucks we see it all the time over here recently with Cootes trucks,
nearly everyone was unRW. To me thats a concern, Big companies skimping on
service intervals to reach dead lines is not on. Id like to think the B double passing me at 120kph has the ability
to stop