PDA

View Full Version : Roofy needs our help ..... Can the forum come to the rescue !!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Bloodyaussie
23rd February 2016, 07:09 AM
Roofy needs our help whether he likes it or not.... his car has decided to grenade itself and Roofy is in no position at this stage to fix it being a pensioner.

He has just had to put off 2 years of planning to go on a trip along the Madigan line.... I would be guttered.

I am asking those that can help out a senior member who has been on the forum for as many years as it has been running and turned up to nearly every event.

It has been 15 months since the forum helped me and I feel Roofy deserves help more than I do.

So if you can chip in some cash to put towards what ever is decided on and get Roofy back on the road..

Ab has a bank account that can be used for donations and if you PM me I will send them through.

Please guys those that can help with a person who truly deserves it.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/Australia%20day%20weekend%202015/20150123_181700_zpsxgnpprmw.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/Australia%20day%20weekend%202015/20150123_181700_zpsxgnpprmw.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/P1250339Large_zps0f2ce691.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/P1250339Large_zps0f2ce691.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/IMG_4051_zps28c986df.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/IMG_4051_zps28c986df.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/IMG_4421_zpse82b7a4e.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/IMG_4421_zpse82b7a4e.jpg.html)

Maxhead
23rd February 2016, 07:33 AM
Let us know some details when it comes through Jonno. Great idea mate!

Winnie
23rd February 2016, 07:35 AM
I am 100% behind this. As said by Jonathan, there are not many trips or meets that the man in the hat has not been to!
I will do whatever I can to help Roofy.

Irish
23rd February 2016, 07:51 AM
Roofy's a good egg, happy to chip in what I can.

lhurley
23rd February 2016, 08:16 AM
Chuck up the details. I'll throw in what I can

katwoman
23rd February 2016, 08:31 AM
You don't even need to ask.
As much as I dislike the 3L he has put a lot of work into the 'beast'.

TPC
23rd February 2016, 08:44 AM
I will chip in what I can, unfortunately cannot be much at this time.

rusty_nail
23rd February 2016, 08:49 AM
yep put my name down, ill do what ever i can to help =D

Bloodyaussie
23rd February 2016, 08:51 AM
Good stuff guys... Mudski is thinking of doing a raffle for some of those LED spotlights and donate the proceeds to Roofy.

Bob
23rd February 2016, 09:03 AM
I am just off a phone call from my old mate Roofy and as you can imagine he is absolutely devastated and is very appreciative of the offers of help.
Roofy however is a very proud man and is finding it hard to accept the help offered but at the same time needs our help to get back on the Road as he and Jane live for their 4WD trips. Lorraine and I will be donating what we can afford and also any other help.

Winnie
23rd February 2016, 09:20 AM
Good stuff guys... Mudski is thinking of doing a raffle for some of those LED spotlights and donate the proceeds to Roofy.

Awesome idea Mudski.
I will be in for a ticket.

mudski
23rd February 2016, 09:22 AM

If someone can assist me in how to do a Raffle online it would be great, as I have NFI on how this would work.

threedogs
23rd February 2016, 09:29 AM
Not to be a spoilfun but would you need a permit

TPC
23rd February 2016, 09:33 AM
Not to be a spoilfun but would you need a permit

No, you call it donations rather than cost of ticket.

taslucas
23rd February 2016, 09:44 AM
Sorry to hear roofy! Ill see what I can do and yep I'll be up for a ticket if you can work it out mudski

>>>tappin from tassie

Rossco
23rd February 2016, 09:46 AM
Good work Jono, champion. I know it might be hard to accept help and generosity but don't think you have a choice with this one roofy! ! ☺, we'll get the beast going again. Happy to chuck in. . .

mudski
23rd February 2016, 09:47 AM
Good work Jono, champion. I know it might be hard to accept help and generosity but don't think you have a choice with this one roofy! ! ☺, we'll get the beast going again. Happy to chuck in my TD42 mate. . .

Fixed it for ya Rossco. :)

Rossco
23rd February 2016, 09:53 AM
Fixed it for ya Rossco. :)
Oh? Hahahaha. Commited now i guess ☺. . .

Yendor
23rd February 2016, 10:38 AM
I'm in. Just let me now the details once there sorted out.

growler2058
23rd February 2016, 10:44 AM
Im in for a ticket or 2

mudnut
23rd February 2016, 10:52 AM
PM sent BA, Contact me please. NONE of you buggers answer your phone! And BA I only have your old number. Are you all trying to tell me something? LOL

I have found a ZD30: Rebuilt 40000ks ago only swapped out for a TD42. We are getting a massive discount. A once off for roofy.

mudnutette
23rd February 2016, 11:30 AM
Well I'm happy to pitch in a little now that I finally have a job lol. When Mudski gets the raffle up and running count me in for a ticket :)

rusty_nail
23rd February 2016, 11:41 AM
PM sent BA, Contact me please. NONE of you buggers answer your phone! And BA I only have your old number. Are you all trying to tell me something? LOL

I have found a ZD30: Rebuilt 40000ks ago only swapped out for a TD42. We are getting a massive discount. A once off for roofy.

well done mate! that would be awesome and a real get outta jail free card

BigRAWesty
23rd February 2016, 11:56 AM
Yep I'm in. Let us know some details and I'll send some money.

BigRAWesty
23rd February 2016, 11:58 AM
@midski
I'd set it up like a lucky squares page..
You all pay for a number and then the numbers are thrown into a hat and drawn out.

I'll pm you as I may have a prize to donate aswell..

MudRunnerTD
23rd February 2016, 12:42 PM
Bugger it Roofy and Jane. Such a crappy deal. I am happy to help with something when it's sorted. Crowd funding another motor is your best bet mate. As others have said you have been a Pillar of the place for so long mate, don't let your Pride get in the way bud, people will help you however they can, big and small, every little bit will help. Money is tight in my house but happy to help with something mate.

Bloodyaussie
23rd February 2016, 01:19 PM
Ok I have just got home and had heaps of messages and calls so need to sort some stuff out.

First is AB is having a %$# of a day so was not able to get back to me sooner... we are confirmed with his bank account which I have the details so either pm or text me and I will send them through to you.

Now also need to know some more about this engine so will look into that and see what the go is and also where how when in which we do this and and who can help.

Now this deal if is as good as I am told will be a great help but we will need oil filters and other perishables plus it may need to go into a shop to be fettled with.

So please message me so I can get started with this all.. Thursday and Friday I will be in a training course so out of action these days.

Winnie
23rd February 2016, 01:48 PM
Is Roofy happy to go ahead with this motor if it checks out?

Bloodyaussie
23rd February 2016, 01:50 PM
Is Roofy happy to go ahead with this motor if it checks out?

I was going to find out the details first before having discussion with roofy as it is all unknown right now and no point talking about something we know nothing about.

mudnut
23rd February 2016, 02:03 PM
I spoke with roofy, earlier, regarding the engine, and he is happy to go with what we decide. I still want to talk with Andy, before I confirm with the supplier, as I don't want to step on any toes.

Bob
23rd February 2016, 02:25 PM
I spoke with roofy, earlier, regarding the engine, and he is happy to go with what we decide. I still want to talk with Andy, before I confirm with the supplier, as I don't want to step on any toes.

Can someone with the expertise give an estimate of costs in addition to the Motor.

mudnut
23rd February 2016, 02:33 PM
Clutch kit , maybe. Fluids gaskets, tune, rear engine seal and welsh plugs. Is all I can think atm . He has the fuel pump and all the hoses etc on the vehicle

Bloodyaussie
23rd February 2016, 02:35 PM
I have been on the phone with the supplier of the engine and they have given me a number of options but do not want to do anything until all options are on the table with an idea of costs and positives and negatives.

Also waiting till i talk to more tech savvy members in regards to options.

mudski
23rd February 2016, 05:17 PM
I have been on the phone with the supplier of the engine and they have given me a number of options but do not want to do anything until all options are on the table with an idea of costs and positives and negatives.

Also waiting till i talk to more tech savvy members in regards to options.

We just need to raid Rossco's joint when he's not home and take something of his....
O.h wait! He's not home now. Hmmmm

Stropp
23rd February 2016, 05:43 PM
im in send me details

Bloodyaussie
23rd February 2016, 05:50 PM
Just please note that I am not the decision maker with this whole process and am far from the expert when it comes to zd30's or if a TD conversion is at all viable.

I am just putting the case forward and instigating what is needed to get the ball rolling.

There is no super rush so we need not make hasty decisions.

I was made another offer on top of the current offer .....

This is the offer so far from a 4x4 wreckers (will name them soon)

A ZD30 with a rebuild about 40,000km ago (cannot confirm parts used) for $1000 there is a turn key warranty only.

Then there is a ZD30 that was the owners son inlaws and they know more history and will do it for $1750 still only a turn key warranty.

Now I have not looked into any other options being rebuild or TD conversion or 2nd hand engines from elsewhere.

$3500 was raised when I went through hell 15 months ago and can only use that as some sort of gauge.?

I have not spoken to more tech savvy as yet as I have been flat out and have a school music thing on tonight so still wont get a chance.

Now there are the facts at this stage to be seen by all.

F$#k its hot.

lucus30
23rd February 2016, 06:07 PM
Yup you know I'm in.

AB
23rd February 2016, 06:13 PM
Sorry gents crazy day today and it's not over.

I believe BA has my details and is using my account, no probs.

Bloodyaussie
23rd February 2016, 06:46 PM
Sorry gents crazy day today and it's not over.

I believe BA has my details and is using my account, no probs.

A couple of very generous donations just came through... god there are some good people out there.

I will try and flog off my extra gardening equipment and contribute the earnings from that also..

Rossco
23rd February 2016, 07:14 PM
We just need to raid Rossco's joint when he's not home and take something of his....
O.h wait! He's not home now. Hmmmm
You've got a nice fresh engine with all the parts to suit a GU. . . Always thought you were generous bloke markie☺. . Hahaha

Winnie
23rd February 2016, 07:19 PM
Hey Jonathan, please send me the bank details.

AB
23rd February 2016, 07:19 PM
Finally catching up on all this.

Wow Roofy, you must be an alright bloke hey ;)

Winnie
23rd February 2016, 07:34 PM
I love our forum!

Maxhead
23rd February 2016, 07:51 PM
Hey poof send them to me as well. I probably have it but not sure which one

….................... On the move

AB
23rd February 2016, 07:57 PM
Roofy needs our help whether he likes it or not.... his car has decided to grenade itself and Roofy is in no position at this stage to fix it being a pensioner. He has just had to put off 2 years of planning to go on a trip along the Madigan line.... I would be guttered. I am asking those that can help out a senior member who has been on the forum for as many years as it has been running and turned up to nearly every event. It has been 15 months since the forum helped me and I feel Roofy deserves help more than I do. So if you can chip in some cash to put towards what ever is decided on and get Roofy back on the road.. Ab has a bank account that can be used for donations and if you PM me I will send them through. Please guys those that can help with a person who truly deserves it. [/URL] (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/Australia%20day%20weekend%202015/20150123_181700_zpsxgnpprmw.jpg.html) [URL="http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/IMG_4421_zpse82b7a4e.jpg.html"] (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/IMG_4051_zps28c986df.jpg.html) old photos, good times!!!

jack
23rd February 2016, 08:10 PM
I'm in send me the details, can't have Roofy having to use shanks pony.

Every time my wife tells me I'm to old for this 4WDing I tell her Roofy is older than I am and goes to way more places than I do. He's my role model and a good bloke too.

Bloodyaussie
23rd February 2016, 08:11 PM
Not sure if a separate discussion about options should be started?

Maxhead
23rd February 2016, 09:35 PM
Should we bury this thread and just leave the one Mudski has???? Just a thought to keep it clean and tidy????

Rock Trol
23rd February 2016, 09:56 PM
I'll chip in if you send me the details.

Bloodyaussie
23rd February 2016, 10:02 PM
I'll chip in if you send me the details.

Cheers pm sent.

mudski
23rd February 2016, 10:23 PM
Should we bury this thread and just leave the one Mudski has???? Just a thought to keep it clean and tidy????

Well if people just want to donate I dont want the other thread to detract people from just donating.

MEGOMONSTER
24th February 2016, 04:31 AM
I'm in that's for sure.
How can we not help the Molly Meldrum of this forum.

Pm sent.

Rossco
24th February 2016, 06:14 AM
Hey Jono can you send me the acc details. Pretty sure i got em, just want to make sure it's the right one. Cheers mate.

Bloodyaussie
24th February 2016, 09:48 AM
Just checked AB's account...... $100 so far.... LOL .

We'll get this sorted Roofy , Onwards and Upwards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When is your planned trip away?

rusty_nail
24th February 2016, 10:02 AM
whats the name on that account we are sending money to? you didnt put that in the PM

Bloodyaussie
24th February 2016, 10:10 AM
A . Batty.....

Sir Roofy
24th February 2016, 10:41 AM

towards the end of july

Winnie
24th February 2016, 10:45 AM

Transfers from different banks take a couple of days.
I put mine in last night but it might not have shown up.
I think Mudskis promo will be getting a lot more in there though.

Sir Roofy
24th February 2016, 10:47 AM
towards the end of july

GOT THIS OPERATION to get over first I'm on the waiting list now
hope fully be done by april but life goes on

Stropp
24th February 2016, 10:57 AM
ok i put mine into Ba,s acct but im sure it ill get there :)

lucus30
24th February 2016, 11:00 AM
Transfers from different banks take a couple of days.
I put mine in last night but it might not have shown up.
I think Mudskis promo will be getting a lot more in there though.

Yeah mate i'm the same boat. Will take a while
Should see it by tomorrow

macca
24th February 2016, 11:00 AM
I have finally got back on here, dug out an old laptop and knock me over I could log on. (edit, Internet explorer is the problem, tried Chrome for the first time and it worked???)

I already knew about old mate Roofy's troubles, Please send me the bank details too, I'll dig up the poly pipe in the back yard and see whats in it.

Also Roofy and Jane it seems the shirtmob made a stuff up and yours were free.

Lets get that machine of your hummin again.

Macca

Bloodyaussie
24th February 2016, 03:11 PM
Bump this guys.... come on lets help roofy out.

macca
24th February 2016, 03:16 PM
Bump this guys.... come on lets help roofy out.

You should see something soon from us, its gone from my bank to AB's.

Hopefully tonight when folks get home you see what you are looking for.

Cheers BA, your a champ for doing this.

Macca

Bob
24th February 2016, 05:23 PM
I will be donating in the next couple of days and also buying some tickets in the Raffle

katwoman
24th February 2016, 06:00 PM
Another option to think of. StevO is onto a cheap 4.2 GU wagon.

Bloodyaussie
24th February 2016, 07:11 PM
Another option to think of. StevO is onto a cheap 4.2 GU wagon.

It would want to be bloody cheap.... whats the go?

I would love to see some discussion as what to actually do about all of this??

AB
24th February 2016, 07:22 PM
It would want to be bloody cheap.... whats the go? I would love to see some discussion as what to actually do about all of this?? Like $600 cheap?

Clunk
24th February 2016, 07:31 PM

Guess that would depend on how much can be raised as to what can be done

mudnut
24th February 2016, 07:32 PM
If we did get the GU we could auction off the bits we don't use to recoup the cost.

nissannewby
24th February 2016, 07:43 PM

Replace the engine.

There are a couple of you guys who know what issues arise with conversions and the cost and stress involved.

A whole vehicle swap is also a lot of work.

The most efficient and cost effective would be a straight engine swap.

katwoman
24th February 2016, 07:46 PM
If we did get the GU we could auction off the bits we don't use to recoup the cost.

This is what we were thinking. A grenaded GU probably isn't worth much but would go along way. I know that the forum wouldn't cover the complete cost, maybe a quarter ? Haven't chased it as yet. It's not on the market yet, but will be soon. Spoke to the man in the hat today and it's a maybe ? Is it worth chasing ? Personally if he replaces the 3 L you can't really guarantee it won't happen again. You know what I mean ?
Stevo will chase it up if needed.

Bob
24th February 2016, 07:49 PM

It is fairly early in the fund raiser and I would suggest this time next week we will have a better idea of the amount raised.

I suggest that anyone with ideas PM Jonathon (Bloodyaussie) with their suggestion and he can collate them and present to a Task Force comprising :-

Bloodyausie
Roofy
Member with Mechanical Expertise
Member with Organisational skills
Andy if he has the time
and anyone else that maybe needed.

Bloodyaussie
24th February 2016, 07:57 PM
Replace the engine.

There are a couple of you guys who know what issues arise with conversions and the cost and stress involved.

A whole vehicle swap is also a lot of work.

The most efficient and cost effective would be a straight engine swap.

Personally this is what i am for... thanks to mudnut we have a good deal offered to us and would be a straight engine change over which can be done in a weekend.

Also costs... i do not see the funds for and engine conversion as i know what to expect money wise from donations.

I have a new job starting next week and i am hoping to buy a house on the weekend plus getting this place ready to sell... i also have a big trip coming up on the 12th so my plate is pretty full for a few weeks.

AB
24th February 2016, 08:02 PM
Personally this is what i am for... thanks to mudnut we have a good deal offered to us and would be a straight engine change over which can be done in a weekend. Also costs... i do not see the funds for and engine conversion as i know what to expect money wise from donations. I have a new job starting next week and i am hoping to buy a house on the weekend plus getting this place ready to sell... i also have a big trip coming up on the 12th so my plate is pretty full for a few weeks. It's ok, like Bob said lets keep promoting this and see where we are at in a week.

I believe the raffle will have a lot more then my donation account given so let's give it time.

Happy days folks, let's sort him out!

Sir Roofy
25th February 2016, 06:49 AM
Personally this is what i am for... thanks to mudnut we have a good deal offered to us and would be a straight engine change over which can be done in a weekend.

Also costs... i do not see the funds for and engine conversion as i know what to expect money wise from donations.

I have a new job starting next week and i am hoping to buy a house on the weekend plus getting this place ready to sell... i also have a big trip coming up on the 12th so my plate is pretty full for a few weeks.

THANKS JONATHON for kicking this off all the best for your new job and might see you on the tracks again in the future

BigRAWesty
25th February 2016, 08:07 AM
THANKS JONATHON for kicking this off all the best for your new job and might see you on the tracks again in the future
That's what this base is for mate..
To assist in the time of need..

Irish
25th February 2016, 09:01 AM
+1 for a like for like engine swap as Nissannewby said. Simplest option IMO.

Straight bolt up, no dicking around, NADS kit and he's back on the road in a weekend.

Winnie
25th February 2016, 09:24 AM

I would be a little worried about that engine if it does not come with any form of warranty whatsoever.
In saying that though if it has been rebuilt very recently it should be okay... hmmmm....

Bob
25th February 2016, 11:29 AM
I would be a little worried about that engine if it does not come with any form of warranty whatsoever.
In saying that though if it has been rebuilt very recently it should be okay... hmmmm....

Providing that Roofy is in agreement I would go for the straight Engine Swap.
Roofy gets to keep all his gear and the mean green machine
Added bonus would be a weekend of fellowship during the swap over.

Rossco
25th February 2016, 12:07 PM
Providing that Roofy is in agreement I would go for the straight Engine Swap.
Roofy gets to keep all his gear and the mean green machine
Added bonus would be a weekend of fellowship during the swap over.
Yeah i agree. All up to roofy i guess but the beast gets to live again and will be quickest and easiest seeing as there's no extreme rush but needs to be sorted reasonably quickly.

NissanGQ4.2
25th February 2016, 05:24 PM
Any idea of when this donation for Roofy and Jane will close?

Would love 2 help Roofy and Jane out with a donation but with a $1100 legal bill coming up, 2 Rego's, Land Rates and me being unemployed for near on 4 months money is tighter than a nuns private area :(

Just started casual work and if I can get on top of things want 2 chip in a small amount.

Woof
25th February 2016, 05:33 PM
Just transferred a few dollars to ABs account.

Just like to say a big thanks to all involved in assisting our mate Roofy, this sort of stuff makes our forum such a great place to be

Bloodyaussie
25th February 2016, 06:28 PM

Would love 2 help Roofy and Jane out with a donation but with a $1100 legal bill coming up, 2 Rego's, Land Rates and me being unemployed for near on 4 months money is tighter than a nuns private area :(

Just started casual work and if I can get on top of things want 2 chip in a small amount.

We dont want people giving beyond their means... roofy would full understand and would never want someone to give what they cannot afford.

AB
25th February 2016, 06:47 PM
$700 currently in my account folks.

growler2058
25th February 2016, 06:50 PM
$700 currently in my account folks.

Shit hot!!

AB
25th February 2016, 07:00 PM
Shit hot!! I think a lot of love has gone Mudskis way with the raffle so fingers crossed old mate will be back on the road.

Have you got a tally on your side Mark?

MEGOMONSTER
25th February 2016, 08:05 PM
Donation has been processed AB

Sir Roofy
25th February 2016, 08:05 PM

Todd we,l catch up down the track for a beer or 2 look after your family first
take care mate
roofy

PMC
25th February 2016, 08:18 PM
Farkkkk me,

I come back to the forum and i am already shelling out spondulies. lol

Well the old farker was their for me when i was on hell of a sick bloke, my family will donate funds to help out Roofy and Jane!

I'm in. Just let me now the details please.

Kind regards,

PMC

Cuppa
25th February 2016, 09:33 PM
Please PM me the account details for donation, ta.

Rossco
25th February 2016, 10:20 PM
Just chucked in some coin. Should at least cover a couple of zip ties and a couple of hundred ml of coolant - all second hand of course. . .
Any updates on the motor or options as yet, I know your a busy man Jono [emoji6] . . .

AB
26th February 2016, 06:31 AM
$1200 in my account this morning!

Sir Roofy
26th February 2016, 06:50 AM
Jane and I would like thank the members of NISSAN PATROL.COM.AU for your generous support
in trying to get us up and running again
A special thanks to Jonathon (BloodyAussie) for taking this on and getting the ball rolling(total suprize there )
Mark (Mudski) for donating the lights and brackets
John (Threedogs) for his outback recovery points
Andy (AB) for his redback wheel bag
And the members who went public to help promote this
Good luck in the coming draw to all

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS

ROOFY & JANE

growler2058
26th February 2016, 07:57 AM
Couldnt happen for a nicer bloke Roofy.

PS Im keeping the spotties if i win ;)

Sir Roofy
26th February 2016, 08:02 AM
Couldnt happen for a nicer bloke Roofy.

PS Im keeping the spotties if i win ;)

Your welcome mate all the best for a win

mudski
26th February 2016, 09:29 AM
I think a lot of love has gone Mudskis way with the raffle so fingers crossed old mate will be back on the road.

Have you got a tally on your side Mark?

O.k I haven't tallied the EFT payments so far but the Paypal payments is so far $995.70. Farkin flat out at the moment so I'll get to the eft's soon.
Also I appologise if I don't respond to your pm's. I have a heap to go through so I'm just skimming over them and writing down who's paid what etc etc.

Rossco
26th February 2016, 09:38 AM
A special thanks to Jonathon (BloodyAussie) for taking this on and getting the ball rolling(total suprize there )

What are you trying to say Roofy! Hahahaha [emoji4] . . .

Winnie
26th February 2016, 09:52 AM
O.k I haven't tallied the EFT payments so far but the Paypal payments is so far $995.70. Farkin flat out at the moment so I'll get to the eft's soon.
Also I appologise if I don't respond to your pm's. I have a heap to go through so I'm just skimming over them and writing down who's paid what etc etc.

Who's the tight ass who tried to get away with a ticket for $1.70!

mudski
26th February 2016, 10:01 AM
Who's the tight ass who tried to get away with a ticket for $1.70!

Lol. I already had $65.70 in their. So I'll chuck that in the kitty.

Paypal is up to $1015 now and eft payments is up to $820. Still haven't come through yet too....

AB
26th February 2016, 11:32 AM
Lol. I already had $65.70 in their. So I'll chuck that in the kitty. Paypal is up to $1015 now and eft payments is up to $820. Still haven't come through yet too.... so with my current $1200 we are sitting at 3k folks!

Rossco
26th February 2016, 12:02 PM
so with my current $1200 we are sitting at 3k folks!
That's awsome! !

Sir Roofy
26th February 2016, 12:10 PM
That's awsome! !

Looks like a barby at my place coming up

Winnie
26th February 2016, 12:16 PM

Dunno if I could make that... bit far from home!
Haha, that would be the closest meet up that we've ever had Roofy!

Sir Roofy
26th February 2016, 12:21 PM
Dunno if I could make that... bit far from home!
Haha, that would be the closest meet up that we've ever had Roofy!

Now that slipped my mind yep your just up the road now plenty of parking out the front
throw the swags on the floor or out the back

Stropp
26th February 2016, 02:17 PM

gee why dont you live near me :(

mudski
26th February 2016, 02:24 PM
Why dont you live near us? :)

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Sir Roofy
26th February 2016, 02:26 PM

Mate if you left now the work shop could be up and going when you arrived

Irish
26th February 2016, 04:39 PM
What are you trying to say Roofy! Hahahaha [emoji4] . . .

He's saying that BA gets that many balls rolling he should be a urologist, hahahahahahaha.

threedogs
26th February 2016, 04:41 PM

Might hold you to that one ,drag my camper down lol
Meet some members show some toys

Bloodyaussie
26th February 2016, 05:19 PM
My boss wants to make a donation but in return wants to put his stickers on your car Roofy... Now I dont know how much he is talking or how much he would want to cover your car so cant give details... is this something you would consider mate??

His business name is Colorado Caravans

macca
26th February 2016, 05:27 PM
Three gorillas!!! absolutely bloody fantastic.

And more coming in, you guys are the best.

Sir Roofy
26th February 2016, 05:29 PM
Might hold you to that one ,drag my camper down lol
Meet some members show some toys

Good idea John come and meet a good bunch of guys we can take our meds together over breakfast

mudski
26th February 2016, 05:30 PM
My boss wants to make a donation but in return wants to put his stickers on your car Roofy and make you tow a Colorado caravan around OZ at their expense... Now I dont know how much he is talking or how much he would want to cover your car so cant give details... is this something you would consider mate??

Wow! Generous! Tee Hee!

mudski
26th February 2016, 05:31 PM
Good idea John come and meet a good bunch of guys we can take our meds together over breakfast

My meds dont go in my mouth so I may need help with mine. :eck05: Lol

Sir Roofy
26th February 2016, 05:37 PM
My boss wants to make a donation but in return wants to put his stickers on your car Roofy... Now I dont know how much he is talking or how much he would want to cover your car so cant give details... is this something you would consider mate??

would consider it ?

Sir Roofy
26th February 2016, 05:41 PM
Three gorillas!!! absolutely bloody fantastic.

And more coming in, you guys are the best.

can you beleave this the best forum in the country

Bloodyaussie
26th February 2016, 05:44 PM
can you beleave this the best forum in the country

Its a strange place to be isn't it sunshine....... Have you had a chance to look into any other options.. sorry I have been flat out.

threedogs
26th February 2016, 06:01 PM

I'm looking forward to it,, give my Patrol a good shake down
and plenty on the road in the event of trouble, Got a mate at
Moe who's an awesome mechanic as well
Met quite a few Melbourne guys but the more the merrier

threedogs
26th February 2016, 06:04 PM
My meds dont go in my mouth so I may need help with mine. :eck05: Lol

Do you crush them up and snort them doh.
How about we put all meds in a big bowl and help our selves lol

Bloodyaussie
26th February 2016, 06:07 PM
I have just listed some gardening gear on ebay for sale and proceeds will go towards the the funny looking man in a hat !!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322019493924?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

mudski
26th February 2016, 06:11 PM
Put a link on the listing for the fund raiser cocko! Otherwise people will think your telling porkies.

lucus30
26th February 2016, 06:16 PM
Now that slipped my mind yep your just up the road now plenty of parking out the front
throw the swags on the floor or out the back
I'm in mate. Look forward to it

Sir Roofy
26th February 2016, 06:17 PM
Its a strange place to be isn't it sunshine....... Have you had a chance to look into any other options.. sorry I have been flat out.

Not really looked at a few motors on fleabay but there over the top its very scary with out
some kind of warranty

Bloodyaussie
26th February 2016, 06:45 PM
would consider it ?

Think he is talking about $200 for large stickers on either side of the side rear windows. .?

Cuppa
26th February 2016, 07:04 PM
I have just listed some gardening gear on ebay for sale and proceeds will go towards the the funny looking man in a hat !!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322019493924?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/705-53470-19255-0/1?campid=5336709507&toolid=10001&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fitm%2F32201949 3924%3FssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMESELX%3AIT%26amp%3B_tr ksid%3Dp3984.m1555.l2649)

Ad says starting bid 99cents, but shows $99.

Bloodyaussie
26th February 2016, 07:10 PM
Ad says starting bid 99cents, but shows $99.

Thanks Ian .... add has been edited.

nissannewby
26th February 2016, 07:21 PM
Are any of you guys near ferntree gully?

Bloodyaussie
26th February 2016, 07:34 PM

I think lucus30 is..?

Why...

Sir Roofy
26th February 2016, 07:47 PM
Think he is talking about $200 for large stickers on either side of the side rear windows. .?

what size is a large sticker will it cover the side window as in block out
like those silver ones you see in some trucks

Sir Roofy
26th February 2016, 08:05 PM
Ok folks Ladys & Gents apart from the motor what do I need to do what are you going to bring WEare supplying the barby and tucker
ive got a large tarp to erect over the work area in case it gets wet will chase up an A frame block and tackle or maybe a fork lift
have 2 gazebos one for the barby one maybe for the front of the truck
an idea on numbers if you are able to come sorry guys BYO your own drinks Coffee and Tea if desired supplyed

Not sure when this will happen yet but need to get things in perspective

Cheers Roofy & Jane

Bloodyaussie
26th February 2016, 08:19 PM
I think we will set a date and all the particulars for what ever is decided soon.

I have asked George to look into engines also but have not had a reply as yet.

What kind of costs are we looking at for rebuilding roofy's engine?

mudski
26th February 2016, 08:22 PM
I haven't been to your place mate but have you got the room? Is it an ideal, well sorta, place to do something like this? Just incase the weather turns real shite. Are we better off hiring a trailer and towing it somewhere to a better location? Just trying to keep the options open for ideas.
I suppose a donor needs to be found first, more than anything.

Sir Roofy
26th February 2016, 08:27 PM
I haven't been to your place mate but have you got the room? Is it an ideal, well sorta, place to do something like this? Just incase the weather turns real shite. Are we better off hiring a trailer and towing it somewhere to a better location? Just trying to keep the options open for ideas.
I suppose a donor needs to be found first, more than anything.

ive got the room but no slab

Rossco
26th February 2016, 08:33 PM
I should be able to get my hands on an engine crane if need be. What about the option of a rebuilt (probably exchange) engine and putting it in. Need to be from a reputable supplier tho. Recos can be a bit of a gamble sometimes get teething problems but should have a warranty at least.

Rossco
26th February 2016, 08:52 PM
ive got the room but no slab
I can bring a slab or two. . .

jay see
26th February 2016, 09:32 PM

See if you can get a photo of it up resting against your window so that way roofy knows exactly what his putting on.

lucus30
26th February 2016, 10:05 PM

I think lucus30 is..?

Why...

Yeah i am.....

Bloodyaussie
26th February 2016, 10:16 PM
Here is a pic of the logo... would only cover lower half of side rear glass.

Fine if you dont feel comfortable with it.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/02/245.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Clunk
26th February 2016, 10:35 PM

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/02/245.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Might as well put a chevy badge on the front to lol

jay see
27th February 2016, 12:00 AM

I would like to help out on the day, hopefully it on a weekend that I'm not working.
Also if you guys need someone to do some running around to pick up bits n pieces just yell out. Probably the only benefit of doing shift work.

Bloodyaussie
27th February 2016, 06:31 AM
What i am thinking is maybe we get hold of the car and a few of us do the engine swap or rebuild or what ever the case may be then once the car is up and running we have a big meet up to celebrate. ...

Too many distractions when there is a tonne of people around and things can get missed.

Matty please shed some light on what you are thinking. . What is in ferntree gully.

NissanGQ4.2
27th February 2016, 06:51 AM

If Roofy is not comfortable with it and if your boss is ok with it I will throw them on my car if it secures them an extra 200 bucks.

Instead of a sticker maybe Andy could do a free vendor thread for them on here for a couple of years, reckon it would get more publicity on the net then a sticker on the a side of a car

Bloodyaussie
27th February 2016, 06:53 AM
Not a bad idea Todd.... worth further discussion at least.

nissannewby
27th February 2016, 08:11 AM
I think lucus30 is..?

Why...

There is a nissan dealer there who usually stocks quite a few crate engines. They may be worth a call or drop in to see if they have anything.

A brand new engine will come with warranty plus you avoid some of the issues that can be had with a rebuild.

lucus30
27th February 2016, 08:15 AM
There is a nissan dealer there who usually stocks quite a few crate engines. They may be worth a call or drop in to see if they have anything.

A brand new engine will come with warranty plus you avoid some of the issues that can be had with a rebuild.
I can go have a look. Um I'll try to head up Monday

PMC
27th February 2016, 08:15 AM
G'day trendsetters,

On a serious note, if we are going to spend between $3000 and $4000 for a motor for Roofy, then i think we need to discount a secondhand engine.

I have located the following motor listed below is situated in Clayton South Victoria, it is a fully reconditioned engine with 12 months warranty, the mob wants $4600 exchange. I think we could contact these folks they might come to the party and let us have the motor for around $3500 or $4000. Plus the motor also comes with a brand new head and 12 months warranty. The blokes business number is 0400 033 377. I think you folks need to contact this chap ASAP to see what deal the bloke might offer.

Hi there, Up for sale I have aFully Reconditioned ZD30 Engine for sale on exchange basis. Happy to let youpickup / post this engine prior to handing over me your existing faulty engine if you are happy to pay an additional $700 core deposit (fully refundable once I receive your old/faulty engine)

This engine is only suited for standard diesel engines and is not suited for commonrail injection system.

Please read through the listing carefully to see all the added extras that’s on offer with this engine, as most of the extras are only offered by us!

This engine comes with a Brand New Head not a previously cracked / welded head!!

This engine has been completely stripped, all parts hydrowashed.

Cylinders are individually bored to manufacturers specifications than diamond honed & plateu finished (highest quality finish available on the market).

Cylinder head contact surface / Deck has been surfaced(milled)

Conrods checked for twist & straightness

Cam shaft as well as the balance shafts checked for cracks, straightness than linished

Crank shaft checked for straightness & cracks, journals measured than compared to factories allowed measurements, if its within specks linished, if not; journals are ground to factory specs using Schou CrankshaftGrinder

After the machining of all parts they were washed again prior to assembly

Brand New Cylinder Head was assembled with reconditioned valves, springs, caps, collets and buckets, valve clearances set to manufacturer’s specifications using brand new shims.

Oil cooler has been pulled apart, hydro washed, all gaskets and seals replaced during assembly and vacuum tested prior to fitment.

This engine was assembled using all of the following brand new components:

Cylinder head

Pistons, Pin’s and Rings

Main bearings

Bigend bearings

Timing Chain & Timing Chain Tensioner

Complete Gasket Set

Head Bolts

Water Pump

Rear Main seal

Glow Plugs

Injector Seals

Glow Plug Seals

This engine comes with 12 months / unlimited km's warranty

Please note this engine is also available on our shop floor as well as other market places, so it may be sold prior to your purchase / end of this listing. To confirm availability please contact me and I will let you know the availibility.

Item islocated in Clayton South Victoria, I'm happy to freight these engines atadditional cost Australiawide! Any Questions or simply call me on 0400 033 377.

Rossco
27th February 2016, 08:36 AM
G'day trendsetters,

On a serious note, if we are going to spend between $3000 and $4000 for a motor for Roofy, then i think we need to discount a secondhand engine.

I have located the following motor listed below is situated in Clayton South Victoria, it is a fully reconditioned engine with 12 months warranty, the mob wants $4600 exchange. I think we could contact these folks they might come to the party and let us have the motor for around $3500 or $4000. Plus the motor also comes with a brand new head and 12 months warranty. The blokes business number is 0400 033 377. I think you folks need to contact this chap ASAP to see what deal the bloke might offer.

Hi there, Up for sale I have aFully Reconditioned ZD30 Engine for sale on exchange basis. Happy to let youpickup / post this engine prior to handing over me your existing faulty engine if you are happy to pay an additional $700 core deposit (fully refundable once I receive your old/faulty engine)

This engine is only suited for standard diesel engines and is not suited for commonrail injection system.

Yeah think i saw this same ad on flea bay and was thinking something along these lines as an option. I can ring or drop in to lilydale nissan see if the have a price on a crate motor. We get our work navara serviced there and the service is excellent which can be rare for a dealer! Can give ftg a call too.

threedogs
27th February 2016, 08:37 AM
Does the caravan sticker come in white as well, not going show up on a dark paint job
Angled up across the rear window would look OK

Sir Roofy
27th February 2016, 10:20 AM
G'day trendsetters,

Please read through the listing carefully to see all the added extras that’s on offer with this engine, as most of the extras are only offered by us!

This engine comes with a Brand New Head not a previously cracked / welded head!!

Cylinders are individually bored to manufacturers specifications than diamond honed & plateu finished (highest quality finish available on the market).

Cam shaft as well as the balance shafts checked for cracks, straightness than linished

Crank shaft checked for straightness & cracks, journals measured than compared to factories allowed measurements, if its within specks linished, if not; journals are ground to factory specs using Schou CrankshaftGrinder

Brand New Cylinder Head was assembled with reconditioned valves, springs, caps, collets and buckets, valve clearances set to manufacturer’s specifications using brand new shims.

Oil cooler has been pulled apart, hydro washed, all gaskets and seals replaced during assembly and vacuum tested prior to fitment.

Cylinder head

Pistons, Pin’s and Rings

Main bearings

Bigend bearings

Complete Gasket Set

Head Bolts

Water Pump

Rear Main seal

Glow Plugs

Injector Seals

Glow Plug Seals

Please note this engine is also available on our shop floor as well as other market places, so it may be sold prior to your purchase / end of this listing. To confirm availability please contact me and I will let you know the availibility.

Item islocated in Clayton South Victoria, I'm happy to freight these engines atadditional cost Australiawide! Any Questions or simply call me on 0400 033 377.

Now this is a good idea this or another one as its going to be from the members of the forum
if the motor comes with this much warranty it would be acceptable by the members and myself
if there are enough funds in the kitty.Lets see if I can clock up another 282000 ks

Bloodyaussie
27th February 2016, 10:28 AM
Paul I have just been on the phone with Matty and talked about our many options... your proposal looks to be a good one but some more research needs to be done Eg: the parts that have been used on these engines and what is in the warranty.. The small print and so on.

I got your message but am racing out the door to go to an auction so will speak later...

Rossco
27th February 2016, 10:30 AM
Droped into lilydale nissan and service dept wa closed (they're usually open on sat mornings - o well). . Gave FTG nissan a call, apparently their not doing crate motors at the mo, haven't got any on the shelf and are waiting back from nissan to see what the go will be in the future. They used to cost about 6 and a half.
Maybe a good reco like the previous one would be good way to go. Anyway happy to pick up engine and deliver to roofys or wherever work is to be done when the time comes.

katwoman
27th February 2016, 11:56 AM
You're welcome to use our place if it's not too far in the sticks. Plenty of shed space and camping room. The beast will fit in Katrols shed. Or the big shed.

TPC
27th February 2016, 12:39 PM
Everybody could sleep in the back of a G60.;)

threedogs
27th February 2016, 01:02 PM
I'll ring my mate out at Outback 4x4 and see if he has any info about this mob in Clayton.
He warned me off a few rattle gun reco's, he may know of others
was the motor in question listed on Ebay????

mudski
27th February 2016, 02:01 PM
I'll ring my mate out at Outback 4x4 and see if he has any info about this mob in Clayton.
He warned me off a few rattle gun reco's, he may know of others
was the motor in question listed on Ebay????
I think that guy in Clayton has been around for a while. Also a 12mth wty is pretty good and if something is going to go wrong, you would think it would be in the first 12 months.
I havent checked the tally yet. Hopefully its getting there...

threedogs
27th February 2016, 02:21 PM
Just saying Paul may know if the guys work is any good, its all fine saying 12 months warranty.
Just saying trying to help and I get shot down , no more input then

TPC
27th February 2016, 03:01 PM
Just saying Paul may know if the guys work is any good, its all fine saying 12 months warranty.
Just saying trying to help and I get shot down , no more input then

Your not being shot down, it is just discussion and everybody's input is valued. Remember this is a happy thread. :)

PMC
27th February 2016, 03:41 PM
Paul I have just been on the phone with Matty and talked about our many options... your proposal looks to be a good one but some more research needs to be done Eg: the parts that have been used on these engines and what is in the warranty.. The small print and so on.

I got your message but am racing out the door to go to an auction so will speak later...

G'day Bloodyaussie,

Not a problem mate, that's why i stated you need to phone the bloke on (0400) 033 377 and go and check out his business in Clayton South Victoria. If he checks out to be OK, i personally think that this is the way to go, especial with all new parts, new head and also with the 12 months / unlimited km's warranty.

PS, a sweetener could be giving this bloke and his business a 12 month free sponsorship to the NissanPatrol forum that if AB agrees with this proposal, on the condition the bloke gives us the engine for $4,000 cash? at present he is asking $4650.00. Tell him about the cause, we have nothing to lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Paul

Stropp
27th February 2016, 03:50 PM
G'day Bloodyaussie,

Not a problem mate, that's why i stated you need to phone the bloke on (0400) 033 377 and go and check out his business in Clayton South Victoria. If he checks out to be OK, i personally think that this is the way to go, especial with all new parts, new head and also with the 12 months / unlimited km's warranty.

PS, a sweetener could be giving this bloke and his business a 12 month free sponsorship to the NissanPatrol forum that if AB agrees with this proposal, on the condition the bloke gives us the engine for $4,000 cash? at present he is asking $4650.00. Tell him about the cause, we have nothing to lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Paul

absolutely mate, agree.

threedogs
27th February 2016, 05:39 PM
@ Roofy did your Ecu-talk tell you anything i will have recorded an error Id think

Bloodyaussie
27th February 2016, 06:21 PM
Mark and i have been talking and would much prefer to hire a trailer and come get the car then the following weekend do the engine swap over with only a few of us there.
This will help with keeping focused and making sure the job is done properly.

I would love it if there was enough money to fly the boys down from qld and help het into it but not sure this would be possible.

Then after the car is up and running we will have a big meet up down roofy's way be it either at an awesome spot in the high country or at someone's house.

I know people want to help but from experience we need only a small group to work on the car then we can party party after.

I hope this would be ok with roofy and others.

Sir Roofy
27th February 2016, 07:00 PM
Haven't got one.3 dogs

katwoman
27th February 2016, 08:05 PM
Mark and i have been talking and would much prefer to hire a trailer and come get the car then the following weekend do the engine swap over with only a few of us there.
This will help with keeping focused and making sure the job is done properly.

I would love it if there was enough money to fly the boys down from qld and help het into it but not sure this would be possible.

Then after the car is up and running we will have a big meet up down roofy's way be it either at an awesome spot in the high country or at someone's house.

I know people want to help but from experience we need only a small group to work on the car then we can party party after.

I hope this would be ok with roofy and others.

I think what you have organized so far is to be commended , but at the end of the day I think where, when, and how the money is spent is Roofy and Jane-Os decision.

Bloodyaussie
27th February 2016, 08:06 PM
Yep no worries..... I'll step aside.

katwoman
27th February 2016, 08:08 PM
Yep no worries..... I'll step aside.

Don't be a sook, BA. that's not what I meant.

growler2058
27th February 2016, 09:09 PM
Don't be a sook, BA. that's not what I meant.

I thinkk Kats plaec next weekend then i can attend, and br the responsible alchomoholic

growler2058
27th February 2016, 09:10 PM
Wheres tghe fuckong drunk thrfead fedr fuks sakre

mudski
27th February 2016, 09:58 PM
I think what you have organized so far is to be commended , but at the end of the day I think where, when, and how the money is spent is Roofy and Jane-Os decision.
Yep i agree. We were just talking about it conjuring up ideas Kat. We are not saying thats how its going to go down. But a good workplace to do such an operation will be important i think.
What ever way it happens and with whoever it is I'm sure it will be great.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

katwoman
27th February 2016, 10:55 PM
Yep i agree. We were just talking about it conjuring up ideas Kat. We are not saying thats how its going to go down. But a good workplace to do such an operation will be important i think.
What ever way it happens and with whoever it is I'm sure it will be great.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Thanks Mudski.
That's all the answer I required.
But I do think as many $$ as possible should be going to the engine itself, yes ? Just my opinion.

PMC
28th February 2016, 09:17 AM
G'day AB and Mudski,

My wife has electronically deposited our $100.00 into Mudski's account for Roofy and Jane, $50.00 for tickets and $50.00 for the fund. ANZ Receipt number 545182

If we are lucky enough to win a prize, we request that the prize goes to Roofy and Jane.

PS, i will express post tomorrow to mudski, the formula 1 JORDAN/HONDA racing team mechanic shirt. This is also to be raffled off with the other prizes.

Regards

PMC

pjhsv
28th February 2016, 09:40 AM
You're welcome to use our place if it's not too far in the sticks. Plenty of shed space and camping room. The beast will fit in Katrols shed. Or the big shed.

I wish my house had a shed big enough to fit a Patrol, and that wasn't even "the big shed" :D

katwoman
28th February 2016, 11:20 AM
I thinkk Kats plaec next weekend then i can attend, and br the responsible alchomoholic

This is why I live in the sticks. To keep people like you away.

growler2058
28th February 2016, 12:02 PM
This is why I live in the sticks. To keep people like you away.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/02/249.jpg

threedogs
28th February 2016, 12:11 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/02/249.jpg

Bringing some chilli over ?, when you get rid of that F&#c$king bolt,
you should frame it and stick it above your work bench or near the fridge lol

Sir Roofy
28th February 2016, 12:52 PM
G'day trendsetters,

Cylinder head

Pistons, Pin’s and Rings

Main bearings

Bigend bearings

Complete Gasket Set

Head Bolts

Water Pump

Rear Main seal

Glow Plugs

Injector Seals

Glow Plug Seals

ive read this again and it sounds like a good way to go. It doesn't say anything about a turbo ?.
This is the way we would like to go especially as it has a warranty. Can we look into this further? Thanks

mudnut
28th February 2016, 02:22 PM
Very well, roofy. We'd better get your old manifold off and cleaned, your turbo checked and your injectors cleaned and tested. He doesn't mention injectors, except for new seals.

katwoman
28th February 2016, 02:25 PM
SteveO is making a donation of a $200 gift voucher from Autobarn to roofy and JaneO that could be used for oil, filters ect.

katwoman
28th February 2016, 02:41 PM
ive read this again and it sounds like a good way to go. It doesn't say anything about a turbo ?.
This is the way we would like to go especially as it has a warranty. Can we look into this further? Thanks

It would be worth putting new clutch and pressure plate in and machine flywheel while engine is out.
We can organise trade price.

katwoman
28th February 2016, 02:56 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/02/251.jpg

The onsite deluxe cabins, if needed.

growler2058
28th February 2016, 06:19 PM
Bringing some chilli over ?, when you get rid of that F&#c$king bolt,
you should frame it and stick it above your work bench or near the fridge lol

Ive got some crankers at the moment

Sir Roofy
28th February 2016, 07:29 PM

bumped++++++++++++++++++++++

Bloodyaussie
28th February 2016, 07:33 PM
Does your car have a dual mass or solid flywheel...

Sir Roofy
28th February 2016, 07:38 PM
Does your car have a dual mass or solid flywheel...

never looked into it mate wont know till we pull it out but its going to be replaced if needed

Bloodyaussie
28th February 2016, 07:40 PM
If it is a dual mass then you should replace the fly wheel with a solid one and the cost goes up...

Mudski gets 4terrain clutch from clutch industries for cost and they are right around the corner from here..

Sir Roofy
28th February 2016, 07:56 PM
If it is a dual mass then you should replace the fly wheel with a solid one and the cost goes up...

Mudski gets 4terrain clutch from clutch industries for cost and they are right around the corner from here..

ok we,l see were we are at when the time comes and finances

nissannewby
28th February 2016, 08:12 PM

Yeah it does sound ok. This is where finding out what the warranty covers needs to be found out. To maintain the 12 month warranty you may have to fit a new turbo or possibly other components.

Can someone local call or visit this business to sus out the finer detail of the warranty terms?

steve4377
28th February 2016, 08:43 PM
Maybe someone could set up a Go Fund Me for him. It's at: www.gofundme.com In any case I'm good for fifty bucks. Just let me know the bank details. Good luck Roofy...

Stropp
28th February 2016, 11:52 PM
Maybe someone could set up a Go Fund Me for him. It's at: www.gofundme.com In any case I'm good for fifty bucks. Just let me know the bank details. Good luck Roofy...

Hey mate being in Onslow you would know friends of mine Red and Flick?

macca
29th February 2016, 09:59 AM
Just been talking to Roofy, he is so grateful as you all know. And the current tally is looking good to be able to achieve a great result for him and Jane.

A fantastic response to the call that went out. Really quite amazing, I had an inkling you wouldn't leave them on their own. Congratulations.

Had a read through the description of the engine PMC found, certainly reads like a find. If Roofy is happy with all the details about the rebuild and warrantee this could be the way to go by the sounds of it.

He needs as much info as reasonable to make the final decision where, when and how all this is going to pan out and it looks like some of you local members are working hard to get it to him.

Can not imagine how they feels with their pride parked up, help flowing in and waiting for it all to happen. Guessing it can't happen soon enough.

Good on all of you, keep the glass 1/2 full the other 1/2 is gone because it tasted so good!

Sir Roofy
29th February 2016, 10:43 AM
Ok I rang this mob in clayton but I need help as I didn't understand him to well
so the pistons aren't Nissan another tougher breed no injectors and so forth
reckons he does a 100 motors a year from all over aus
so could some one try this might be a good deal

Bloodyaussie
29th February 2016, 11:11 AM
Ok I rang this mob in clayton but I need help as I didn't understand him to well
so the pistons aren't Nissan another tougher breed no injectors and so forth
reckons he does a 100 motors a year from all over aus
so could some one try this might be a good deal

Ok i just rang him so please no one else call... i will post later i am in a bit of a rush right now.

growler2058
29th February 2016, 11:22 AM
I just rang him and told him hes a @#$& and should give the motor to Roofy for free!

Sir Roofy
29th February 2016, 11:28 AM
I just rang him and told him hes a @#$& and should give the motor to Roofy for free!

Are you having a quiet day mate no bolt to get out ?

growler2058
29th February 2016, 11:30 AM

Start back with my old company next week. Took the ol girl to a mechanic to deal with the stud before i blew out an artery hahahahaha, and Krisso sent me some grappa woooooooo hoooooooo

Sir Roofy
29th February 2016, 11:34 AM
Start back with my old company next week. Took the ol girl to a mechanic to deal with the stud before i blew out an artery hahahahaha, and Krisso sent me some grappa woooooooo hoooooooo

That and the chillies mmmm Dead man walking carefull mate

Rossco
29th February 2016, 11:46 AM
Yeah nice one, reckon this motor looks like a good one from the sounds of it. As mentioned happy to pick it up if need be when the time comes.

Bloodyaussie
29th February 2016, 12:05 PM
Here is a list of parts used. ...

Etp cylinder head
Ajusa gaskets
Ndc bearings
Npr or Arco piston rings
Teikin or Arco pistons and pins
Austral timing chain kit
Derek or Bosch glow plugs
Nissan rear main seal
Shininchy valves

Winnie
29th February 2016, 12:14 PM
I have a ute and a fuel card too if we need some stuff run about.

Rossco
29th February 2016, 12:20 PM
Yeah that's why i was offering - free diesel!! Work owes me one atm anyway ☺ . . .

Bloodyaussie
29th February 2016, 12:54 PM
Also his best price was $4200..

AB
29th February 2016, 01:21 PM
I still have $1200 in my account.

threedogs
29th February 2016, 01:23 PM

Dont mention "the bolt" I did last week but I think I got away with it.
It is the mother of all bolts and it beat him lol

Bob
29th February 2016, 01:28 PM

The last figure on the Raffle was $4,000 and with Andy's $1,200 Total $5,200. Is this enough ???

Bloodyaussie
29th February 2016, 01:30 PM

I still have to cough up some cash and there were a couple of others that said they would chip in who have not as yet.

I have no idea what the tally is..

Sir Roofy
29th February 2016, 01:47 PM
I still have to cough up some cash and there were a couple of others that said they would chip in who have not as yet.

Did you add those stickers in the tally $200 a side

Bob
29th February 2016, 01:51 PM
OK Motor is $4,200
Injectors ??
Clutch & Flywheel ??
Turbo ?? Can Roofy's be used ??
Oils etc ??

Can we get an up to date figure on the Raffle ??

threedogs
29th February 2016, 01:57 PM

If your mate has those stickers in white Im more than happy to promote his business.

Bloodyaussie
29th February 2016, 02:02 PM
Did you add those stickers in the tally $200 a side

No stickers.... ab has offered him 2 years as a vendor in return for donation.

macca
29th February 2016, 02:20 PM
Here is a list of parts used. ...

Etp cylinder head
Ajusa gaskets
Ndc bearings
Npr or Arco piston rings
Teikin or Arco pistons and pins
Austral timing chain kit
Derek or Bosch glow plugs
Nissan rear main seal
Shininchy valves

I don't know a thing about all these brands, if you believe they are fine and Roofy and Jane say yes then grab it.
If injectors are not fitted wouldn't it be an idea to test the existing before re-installing as the pot 3 unit might not work and caused the fault.
Could be the same for the pump or turbo too. Thinking out loud IYKWIM.
I assume you are in touch with them, and can possibly work out the details between you. Then let the rest of us know the plan.
Your doing well!

growler2058
29th February 2016, 03:06 PM
Dont mention "the bolt" I did last week but I think I got away with it.
It is the mother of all bolts and it beat him lol

Guarantee some fine insults were directed your way pal :)

threedogs
29th February 2016, 03:11 PM
bolt ,,,bolt,,,bolt,,,bolt,,,bolt. seriously frame it and hang it near the dart board LOL
When its getting fixed now, seems like you need to stock up on some tools, thats what I did
when I had the chance, Between two mates and myself I think we have every job covered.
Years ago we all chipped in for an electric drill to share go figure lol

growler2058
29th February 2016, 03:21 PM
bolt ,,,bolt,,,bolt,,,bolt,,,bolt. seriously frame it and hang it near the dart board LOL
When its getting fixed now, seems like you need to stock up on some tools, thats what I did
when I had the chance, Between two mates and myself I think we have every job covered.
Years ago we all chipped in for an electric drill to share go figure lol

I bought a toledo stud remover set for $120 and still couldn't get the bastard

Bloodyaussie
29th February 2016, 03:35 PM
I bought a toledo stud remover set for $120 and still couldn't get the bastard

Would you two stop high jacking this thread with your dribble...

growler2058
29th February 2016, 03:49 PM
Would you two stop high jacking this thread with your dribble...

No! Get fubared

growler2058
29th February 2016, 03:51 PM
No! Get fubared

I mean sorry princess

Bloodyaussie
29th February 2016, 03:55 PM
I mean sorry princess

Get a dog up ya !!!!!!!!

threedogs
29th February 2016, 03:59 PM
He started it lol but point taken.

Sir Roofy
29th February 2016, 04:35 PM
Just finished reading about this work shop where this motor is
27 inquirys so far but good reading about the shop %100 feed back
must say something about them

Rossco
29th February 2016, 04:40 PM
Not too bad on price i reckon. No offence to anyone but wouldn't think he would have been overly sympathetic if you asked for a discount because a 3l had failed. Probably most customers would be in a similar boat. Not bad tho nonetheless. Hopefully it's a good motor, sounds good to a nuffy like me☺. . .

Bloodyaussie
29th February 2016, 05:02 PM
Just finished reading about this work shop where this motor is
27 inquirys so far but good reading about the shop %100 feed back
must say something about them

Just say the word roofy...

Sir Roofy
29th February 2016, 05:08 PM
Just say the word roofy...

We going to have enough over to get the other componets checked its part of the warranty

Bloodyaussie
29th February 2016, 05:35 PM
Not too bad on price i reckon. No offence to anyone but wouldn't think he would have been overly sympathetic if you asked for a discount because a 3l had failed. Probably most customers would be in a similar boat. Not bad tho nonetheless. Hopefully it's a good motor, sounds good to a nuffy like me☺. . .

Actually he was good to talk to an offered his work shop for free if we wanted to rebuild the engine ourselves. ..

I did not think this was an option as i dont think anyone was qualified to use the tooling... i know i am not.

I had to offer him some forum space to get this discount and still needed to nut out some fine details.

If i had more time up my sleeve i would have pushed our case harder but still think it is a good deal.

Now mudski can get some other prices on other parts needed and start piecing this together.

Sir Roofy
29th February 2016, 05:49 PM
We going to have enough over to get the other componets checked its part of the warranty

you didnt answer my question ?

Winnie
29th February 2016, 05:50 PM
Yeah good deal on that motor I reckon.
What else do we need to pay for? Do we need to get Roofy's injectors reco'd?

Irish
29th February 2016, 05:53 PM
Sounds like a reasonable deal.

If anything small needs to be picked up anywhere between Frankston, Bayswater and bayside let me know(By small I mean something that'll fit on the back seat of a mondeo).

What other stuff needs to be tested?

If we make a list, then get prices for testing and cross off as we go it might help?

Bloodyaussie
29th February 2016, 06:34 PM
you didnt answer my question ?

The warranty covers the engine as long as the cooling system, fuel system or turbo are not responsible.

Now as i cannot see your engine or do not know what condition your components are in i could not possibly say what else you need.

Mudski is the man in the know when it comes to the zd30 and what parts might cost so maybe he could tell you more.

I have done what i can with what time and resources i have and is very limited and without looking at your car or having the strip down process happening its all guess work.

mudski
29th February 2016, 06:35 PM
The last figure on the Raffle was $4,000 and with Andy's $1,200 Total $5,200. Is this enough ???

Eh!
I have $2142 so far. $940 via EFT and $1202.80 via Paypal.

Sir Roofy
29th February 2016, 06:36 PM
thanks mate for that in put

Bloodyaussie
29th February 2016, 06:45 PM
Eh!

Where did 5 grand come from...? ?

So we are not even close.?

jay see
29th February 2016, 06:45 PM
If anything small needs to be picked up anywhere between Frankston, Bayswater and bayside let me know(By small I mean something that'll fit on the back seat of a mondeo).

With a lot of people offering to do some running around to pick up bits n pieces, would it be easier just to post up what needs to be picked up and from where. Most of us have a fair idea of where people are located and I'm sure that there will always be someone to do it.
It shouldn't have to be the same guys doing everything.

macca
29th February 2016, 06:57 PM
Where did 5 grand come from...? ?

So we are not even close.?

Post #77 from the raffle thread
[1940 Tickets sold so far guys! Well done. But we need more buyers. Spread the word]

1940 x $2.00 = $3880.00
AB account ......$1200.00 Post #102 this thread
Total ..............$5080.00

AB
29th February 2016, 07:18 PM
Post #77 from the raffle thread [1940 Tickets sold so far guys! Well done. But we need more buyers. Spread the word] 1940 x $2.00 = $3880.00 AB account ......$1200.00 Post #102 this thread Total ..............$5080.00 Yeah I was trying to find that post too.

Must've been an error with words tickets sold meaning money raised.

All good though folks, if someone can give us a goal $$$ to achieve let's do it!

It's a pretty damn good prize so what is the $$ goal we need?

Let's get that and spread the word!

mudski
29th February 2016, 07:18 PM
Yer sorry I forgot to edit that. I was looking at the dollar amount, not the ticket amount written down....

Bloodyaussie
29th February 2016, 07:25 PM
Yeah I was trying to find that post too.

Must've been an error with words tickets sold meaning money raised.

All good though folks, if someone can give us a goal $$$ to achieve let's do it!

It's a pretty damn good prize so what is the $$ goal we need?

Let's get that and spread the word!

Can we have a total amount posted up from here on... not i have this much in this account and i have this much .

I myself have been confused as to our actual amount raised.

My boss will be putting about $200-$250 dollars and i hope to chuck in another $200.

Now those others that have pledged cash need to step up.

How about you ab...lol

mudski
29th February 2016, 08:15 PM
Can we have a total amount posted up from here on... not i have this much in this account and i have this much .

I myself have been confused as to our actual amount raised.

My boss will be putting about $200-$250 dollars and i hope to chuck in another $200.

Now those others that have pledged cash need to step up.

How about you ab...lol

I have another set of lights I am trying to work out how to auction off on my eBay store. But that will just turn to shit, as its just tight arse city there. I don't have a FB account so if someone wants to start something there. They are welcome too and I can post off the lights. As FB will see a lot of traffic.

AB
29th February 2016, 08:22 PM
How about you ab...lol What do you mean how about me?

Bit rude mate, I have donated $, given advertising space, redback bag, just haven't gloated about it.

I have been asked by a few not to disclose how much they have given. <~ true!

I have received donations from people who haven't even commented in this thread!

I have received $20 from people who probably can't afford more and $200 from various members and as mentioned 14 times the total on my side is $1200 and will advise if it increases of course. Not sure where you're heading with that comment?????

Bloodyaussie
29th February 2016, 08:33 PM
Just having a laugh but you know what.... i have tried my hardest with what time i have available but feel like it is not appreciated.

I am under a huge amount of stress but could not sit back and see roofy go out like this.

I leave this here , ive personal things to take care of.

Clunk
29th February 2016, 08:33 PM
What do you mean how about me? Bit rude mate, I have donated $, given advertising space, redback bag, just haven't gloated about it.

I have been asked by a few not to disclose how much they have given. <~ true!

I have received donations from people who haven't even commented in this thread! I have received $20 from people who probably can't afford more and $200 from various members and as mentioned 14 times the total on my side is $1200 and will advise if it increases of course.

Not sure where you're heading with that comment?????
I think it was a tongue in cheek comment AB, he did put a LOL after it [emoji6]

Winnies-missus
29th February 2016, 08:38 PM

I did think that and was about to set it up, half did it then thought better not

nissannewby
29th February 2016, 08:38 PM
Chill out guys this is a good thread. Lets keep it on track.

lucus30
29th February 2016, 09:40 PM
Just having a laugh but you know what.... i have tried my hardest with what time i have available but feel like it is not appreciated.

I am under a huge amount of stress but could not sit back and see roofy go out like this.

I leave this here , ive personal things to take care of.
Mate it's appreciated. Keep up the good work.

PMC
1st March 2016, 04:43 AM
Chill out guys this is a good thread. Lets keep it on track.

G'day you two pair of lounge lizards!

We are extremely proud of the effort that both AB and you "BloodyAussie" for the magnificent effort in helping Roofy!

As nissannewby stated lets all chill-out.

PS, remember how do we eat and elephant, one piece at a time!

Regards,

Paul

Maxhead
1st March 2016, 06:27 AM
Yeah stop this bitching and organise this party already!!! Oh hold on, yeah motor first:)

rusty_nail
1st March 2016, 07:03 AM
Yeah stop this bitching and organise this party already!!! Oh hold on, yeah motor first:)

party party! so long as im not on my honeymoon i will be there!

taslucas
1st March 2016, 07:03 AM

Will you be donating some parts cleaner for the motor work oh, um, I mean moonshine for the party!

>>>tappin from tassie

Maxhead
1st March 2016, 07:05 AM
Will you be donating some parts cleaner for the motor work oh, um, I mean moonshine for the party!

>>>tappin from tassie

If you're there, you can have a bath in it..:)

taslucas
1st March 2016, 07:22 AM
If you're there, you can have a bath in it..:)

May even be strong enough to clean my soul

>>>tappin from tassie

AB
1st March 2016, 08:07 AM
Up to $1300 this morning.

Someone must've loved lastnights antics ;)

nissannewby
1st March 2016, 08:27 AM
May even be strong enough to clean my soul

>>>tappin from tassie

Its only moonshine not a miracle cure