PDA

View Full Version : Airbag code query

Daveyboyjunior
23rd February 2016, 05:41 AM
Had my airbag checked at the dealership today on Recall.
Patrol went in with continual flashing airbag light (as mentioned here before) i start the vehicle to come home, and its flashing code 22
(two slow flashes followed by two quick flashes).
When i questioned the guy about the airbag light flashing a code, he said it would have to be booked in at my cost, to put it through the diagnostics even though he'd told me they had removed one airbag to check it!

Does anybody know what part of the system code 22 refers to?

MudRunnerTD
23rd February 2016, 06:05 AM
Remove the battery for 1 hour and clear the code and see if it comes back.

Daveyboyjunior
23rd February 2016, 07:54 AM
Gotta be worth a go, cheers MR.
I'll try the other resets to clear the codes if that doesn't work

GeeYou8
23rd February 2016, 08:07 AM
Open the drivers door, push the door switch so the car thinks the door is closed, make sure car is in neutral or park, handbrake on, turn on the ignition, do not start, release and press door switch 10 times in 10 seconds. This should clear the codes, if they come back there is a problem.
Graham

threedogs
23rd February 2016, 01:21 PM
Super Cheap will clear codes, or might be time for either an Ecu-Talk or a Scan gauge
so you can clear your own

Daveyboyjunior
23rd February 2016, 06:23 PM
Cheers Guys, I would still like to check the 22 code to find out what the problem may be, but the flashing light is a pain.

Daveyboyjunior
29th February 2016, 09:30 AM
Still got the airbag light flashing two slow, two quick, (22) any ideas?

johanp
1st March 2016, 03:09 PM
According to the manual it is the left side airbag. It is the airbag in the seat.
Check under the seat if the connectors are connected.
Search on youtube for How to reset nissan 350Z airbag and follow the procedure.
It is how I reset my airbag light a few years ago.(Mine was for the right side airbag).
The airbag light kept on coming back until I bypassed one of the connectors under the seat. I wired it from the connector in the back of the seat to the first connector under the seat.

Daveyboyjunior
1st March 2016, 06:34 PM
Thanks Johan,
Will check this out. I had noticed the carpet under my seat was wet. I've obviously had water ingress ( I'm investigating that to), but im wondering if the harness or a connector may have been affected by this water enough to raise a code?

LuRkIn
9th August 2017, 08:26 PM
Sorry for the thread dig i have a 2002 4.8 with the dreded airbag light flasing. Have the same code as op 2 long flashes followed by 2 short flashes (22)? Is it definitely passenger airbag or is thier a page were you can convert the flashes to the fault code? Had a mate put his autel diagnostic tool on but come back as all systems working fine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Avo
9th August 2017, 09:26 PM
Sorry for the thread dig i have a 2002 4.8 with the dreded airbag light flasing. Have the same code as op 2 long flashes followed by 2 short flashes (22)? Is it definitely passenger airbag or is thier a page were you can convert the flashes to the fault code? Had a mate put his autel diagnostic tool on but come back as all systems working fine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

here is anoyther link,check your VIN with this. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?40591-Takata-Airbag-Recall-CHECK-AGAIN&highlight=airbag+recall