PDA

View Full Version : King springs with Koni shocks 2" upgrade and actual lift

MyGU8
21st February 2016, 05:34 PM
Hi,
Hope all of you are having a great weekend.

Last week I upgraded my 2012 GU suspension with King springs (KDFR-42 / KDRR-45) and Koni 82's.

I measured the heights from center of hub to bottom of flare and find out the lifts as follows:

Front
Passenger side: 27mm
Driver side: 28mm

Rear
Passenger side: 34mm

Are these lifts reasonable?

The riding is exactly what I wanted but not sure about the lift.

My car only has an alloy bullbar/driving lights, dual battery and tow bar, nothing heavy.

And I also like to extend the sway bar links but do I have to extend as per my lift measurements. By looking at the bar in rear the passenger side bar is lifted more than the drivers side.

Do I have to extend the front links as well?

Thanks all.

threedogs
21st February 2016, 06:20 PM
You will find there is a RH and LH coil for

the front to compensate for the drivers weight

MyGU8
21st February 2016, 06:23 PM
Yes TD it was installed accordingly.

garett
21st February 2016, 06:45 PM
mine is a gq but i did king springs as well. but a progressive rate spring, got 50mm but they settled down a bit. bout 15mm soooo put in 15mm spring matts

MyGU8
21st February 2016, 07:42 PM
Hi Garett,

Mine is just installed not sure whether it will settled after sometime. Did you get exactly 50mm all around?

garett
21st February 2016, 08:18 PM
to start with about 50mm, took photos on my build thread. mine was sagged. 24 years before they got changed. the drivers side was lower than the passenger on the old springs. so if its a bit high on the drivers side new i wouldn't worry it'll sag first.
think mine were KDPR-43 KDPR-42. but mine is a lighter car and i think they quote the same parts for both GQ and GU.

MyGU8
22nd February 2016, 05:28 PM
I talked to King springs and I was told that if I need 50mm lift I should have gone for
KDFR-42H and KDRR-45H

My current setup KDFR-42 and KDRR-45 are actually 30mm lift which is what I am getting now (so my measurements are spot on).

I need to talked to the local supplier and see what his thoughts are. Not sure what will be the outcome though.

nissanturk
24th March 2016, 08:37 PM
Hi,
Hope all of you are having a great weekend.

Last week I upgraded my 2012 GU suspension with King springs (KDFR-42 / KDRR-45) and Koni 82's.

I measured the heights from center of hub to bottom of flare and find out the lifts as follows:

Front
Passenger side: 27mm

Rear
Passenger side: 34mm

Are these lifts reasonable?

The riding is exactly what I wanted but not sure about the lift.

My car only has an alloy bullbar/driving lights, dual battery and tow bar, nothing heavy.

And I also like to extend the sway bar links but do I have to extend as per my lift measurements. By looking at the bar in rear the passenger side bar is lifted more than the drivers side.

Do I have to extend the front links as well?

Thanks all.

About a week ago I changed the suspension of my 2009 DX to kings and koni 50mm. Im having the same issue, passenger rear side is 20mm higher then driver side!! I asked 5 different suspension centers and non of them can tell me what could be the problem lol

Did you find it out or solved the problem?

Thanks.

Covo71
24th March 2016, 08:42 PM
I just put in kings and koni's a couple of days ago and front was uneven before with new gear it rose 65mm and 75mm so now even both sides and same on the back. The rear sits 10mm higher than the front which to me is pretty spot on. Need to get extended sway bar links for the back though. All good.

MyGU8
25th March 2016, 01:05 PM
About a week ago I changed the suspension of my 2009 DX to kings and koni 50mm. Im having the same issue, passenger rear side is 20mm higher then driver side!! I asked 5 different suspension centers and non of them can tell me what could be the problem lol

Did you find it out or solved the problem?

Thanks.

Yes, I changed the springs to KDFR-42H and KDRR-45H free of charge and all good now, almost all heights are 585mm from hub center, very happy with the outcome.

willkenobi
4th June 2016, 07:27 PM
Here is my setup:
Front King Spring coils: KDFR-42HHD
Rear King Spring coils: KDRR-43SHD
Front and rear Koni shocks 82 series

My tyres are Dick Cepeks Fun Country 285/70R17

It is supposed to be 2 inch lift, in reality is about 65mm

Love the ride, not harsh at all!

altech
5th June 2016, 07:32 AM
I did a shocker on front passenger side (e.g. Broke in half) out in the state forest , so i had to remove it . King Springs all round , drove home and didn't notice any different. LOVE King Springs regards Alex