PDA

View Full Version : Center Console and Seat Conversion

Lawrence
20th February 2016, 04:16 AM
Hi. I want to convert my passenger bench seat to a single seat. How is the conversion done? Also, from which other type vehicle can I use a center console from?

MudRunnerTD
20th February 2016, 08:07 AM
Remove bench seat and fit the passenger seat and centre console from another GQ. Will all bolt straight in.

A small 12v fridge works great as a centre console too.

Lawrence
20th February 2016, 08:16 AM
Remove bench seat and fit the passenger seat and centre console from another GQ. Will all bolt straight in.

Most GQs here came with the bench seat at the front. What other vehicle's console would fit?

garett
20th February 2016, 08:35 AM
this is what i did. made a box that is held in place by the seat belt. i still need to finish it but it has power to charge phones etc. and cup holders

MudRunnerTD
20th February 2016, 10:27 AM
You should be able to make seats out of other cars fit without too much trouble. In Australia the Commodore and Falcon front seats both fit without too much drama but know guys running Toyota seats too.

The 11lt Waeco or Engel fridges fit well as centre consoles. But again if you are chasing donor seats that will fit then the centre console from the same car may fit too.

threedogs
20th February 2016, 03:25 PM
Measure up any of the Later model Nissans at the wreckers ,,
there must be something that is compatable?

Lawrence
21st February 2016, 12:41 AM

Is the GQ seat a bolt in or would I need to bolt any extra seat rails to the floor?

MudRunnerTD
21st February 2016, 06:46 AM
Assuming yours is a GQ then Mr Nissan would have put the mounting holes in the floor ready for either a Bench or Bucket. They should bolt straight in.

The Seats out of a Holden Comodore and a Ford Falcon near on bolt straight in too with minors changes.