PDA

View Full Version : Well, Hello Everyone ...

Boinzo
17th February 2016, 02:47 PM
Well hello!
I picked up a demo GU 3.0CRD (auto) just before Christmas and have been reading these forums like fury trying to make sense of all the options for setting my truck up.
It's just gone into TJM here in Brisbane to have a bunch of goodies installed - including bullbar and winch, roof rack, long range sub tank, Redarc DC-DC and battery/fuse-blocks, 2" Lift, Compressor etc.
Pretty much all that's left is design and build myself some drawers in the back. Then head bush ...
I'm also putting on some Procomp Alloys and new Mickey Thompson ATZ P3s. So if anyone is after factory 17" alloys with stock tyres in as new condition - hit me up! :-)
I'd like to congratulate this forum on being such an awesome source of information and ideas. I hope to be around for sometime - sharing my experiences - as they grow.
I've already learnt so much from here!
Cheers guys!
Boinzo.

PS. Here it is nice and stock - getting the windows tinted.

threedogs
17th February 2016, 03:36 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum, jump in anytime you like,
ask anything you want and most of all enjoy. OOI what shop is doing
the work on your Patrol??

Boinzo
17th February 2016, 03:52 PM
Hi ThreeDogs. Thanks for the welcome. I have already sent you a PM (after reading your vendor thread) on replacing my useless rear hoop with something I can actually recover from! :-)
I organised the work through TJM Megastore - @ Coopers Plains. They've been really very good. It's a substantial body of work so they've been pretty competitive price wise and also happy to leave parts of the job for me to complete myself. Particularly around the electrical where I think it's very important I actually know where those wires go!
The forum has been great at giving me the info (and thus confidence) I needed to take some of that on myself.
I'm planning a convoy across the centre (and down the Diamantina) and up the Tanami in winter so want to be sure have this new vehicle shook-down and setup right. I'm expecting it back at the end of next week so will do some pics and a "Members Rides" thread then.

Hello and welcome to the forum, jump in anytime you like,
ask anything you want and most of all enjoy. OOI what shop is doing
the work on your Patrol??

MEGOMONSTER
17th February 2016, 04:01 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

threedogs
18th February 2016, 02:46 PM
A while ago 2 mates wanted quotes for a full kit out to do the Cape, winches,,, UHF you name it
I went to ARB [local] and TJM [local] couldn't believe that the quotes were $3K apart for the same
items. Mind you they spent over $15K each in the end,,,, TJM won out ,
,that was over 10 years ago now
@ boinzo I do make rated front recovery points as well,
which bullbar did you chose the Outback T16??

4bye4
18th February 2016, 03:05 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Boinzo
18th February 2016, 03:10 PM
Yeah - ARB are toxically expensive. TJM are just extremely expensive. ;-)

It's definitely a lot of money to kit something out from scratch. But I'd say TJM have been fantastic in terms of advice and flexibility - we've changed the order about 15 times so far and every time it's been good natured. As I'm sure you know - the more you think and research the more how you want things set up changes ...

I know you do front recovery points - now. Wish I'd realised sooner. :-(

Although TJM did include them as a bit of a sweetener I think... I am certainly getting some stuff at some very competitive pricing. But I think some of the labour charges are bit of a stretch - especially for the electrics.

Do you do recovery points for hideous 09 Prados? I have a mate I can send your way if so ...

:-)

A while ago 2 mates wanted quotes for a full kit out to do the Cape, winches,,, UHF you name it
I went to ARB [local] and TJM [local] couldn't belive that the quotes were $3K apart for the same
items. Mind you they spent over $15K each in the end,,,, TJM won out ,
,that was over 10 years ago now
@ boinzo I do make rated front recovery points as well,
which bullbar did you chose the Outback T16??

AB
18th February 2016, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Dhuck
18th February 2016, 07:32 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Kimbo63
19th February 2016, 11:35 AM
Hi Boinzo welcome to the forum mate

richscott
19th February 2016, 11:40 AM
Welcome aboard mate