PDA

View Full Version : MQ in the U.S.

U.S.MQ
17th February 2016, 09:00 AM
Hi to all. A little about me, i am an isuzu guy by heart specifically the first generation troopers. or your guys jackaroo. rebuilt my gas trooper with my father when i was 14 and stuck with it for, well 14 more years. have been in the market for a while for a diesel jackaroo when i couldnt believe it a 1981 nissan patrol swb. came from japan through way of hawaii sometime in the 90s. i ve been a fanatic about these for sometime never imagine i would find on here and to import one..... my pockets aint that deep. so i end up getting it its a bit of a rust bucket but that doesnt scare me. naturally aspirated k5-a block. the deal came with 2 spare motor, another k5-a and k5-b. plan is motor swap and turbo. luckily i have a nissan forklift guy that knows the engines and said he can do it, going to cost twice as much for what i paid for the whole package but this isuzu guy got a taste of that nissan blood and its pretty sweet. im all in and cant wait to have one of maybe a handfull of patrols in the U.S. thanks for your time mates, been reading alot of post on here and gaining alot of knowledge from yous guys, hope to gain some freinds across he pond to help me out.

Kimbo63
17th February 2016, 09:07 AM
Hey mate welcome to the forum

threedogs
17th February 2016, 11:51 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, dont forget some pics of your new ride.
Jump in anytime ,ask anything you like and most of all enjoy

MEGOMONSTER
17th February 2016, 04:05 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Dhuck
18th February 2016, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

growler2058
18th February 2016, 08:27 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard. I remember one other bloke from the States who had a patrol. But for the life of me I can't remember what vintage or his name

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

happygu
18th February 2016, 09:00 PM
Welcome mate,

There are less of the old MQ's around these days, so it is great to see them being kept alive.

Bigcol
19th February 2016, 12:25 AM
welcome to the forum mate

4bye4
19th February 2016, 08:51 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blocko05
19th February 2016, 11:11 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum mate