PDA

View Full Version : Delayed Introduction

nnn
8th April 2011, 02:11 AM
Hi there, my first post on this forum!

I acquired a Nissan Patrol Pickup 2002 model (Y61) with TB45S engine nearly 6 months ago. Have driven approx 5500km so far.

The engine overall seems sound and has not given any problems, although mine is with carburetter and even minor fuel contamination when filling up away from major towns does seem to cause occasional hiccups. Also, although its rated at 200bhp, to me it does not seem to have enough grunt at high revs (I do also own a TLC with 1FZ so the inevitable comparison). Finally fuel consumption is its weekest point, I have not been able to get better than 6km/l on long routes even with just driver and minimal luggage. Around town it goes down to below 4, even 3.5km/litre!

machoiran67
11th April 2011, 11:10 PM
The engine overall seems sound and has not given any problems, although mine is with carburetter and even minor fuel contamination

Contamination by water? Or bacterial contamination as in case of boats?

nnn
12th April 2011, 04:56 AM
Contamination by water? Or bacterial contamination as in case of boats?

Well, I assume its mainly just not properly cleaned containors used by suppliers and also in the storage area of fuel station etc. I was mainly referring to fuel availability in area far away from main cities or any populated area. So its quite possibly just very old stored fuel!

I would add, it never resulted in any problem or breakdown. Its just something you would feel either during acceleration or occasionally with idling, was annoying though as never had problems before with non-carb vehicle.

A recent pic of my ride! :)

nnn
12th April 2011, 05:48 AM
Hiya all, I joined the site sometime ago, but never got round to doing a proper introduction. Have been visiting the site now n again browsing through various threads which has been fairly informative for me.

Got myself a 2002 Nissan patrol pickup with TB45S + manual tranny. So far its more or less in stock condition. Its been a truely multipurpose vehicle for me over last few months, including load hauling, offroad trips and finally participated in 200km offroad rally as well (just for experience)!

The vehicle didn't have a owners manual, so i may be asking various questions as n when they arise. Also the local garages don't have much experience with TB45s as it was't a regular import over here, so we are all learning.

Good experience of both Nissan Patrol the vehicle and the site so far, hopefully will continue! :)

YNOT
12th April 2011, 05:51 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, where are you from?

Tony

growler2058
12th April 2011, 06:48 AM
Gday good mob here full of friendly advice welcome aboard

Dhuck
12th April 2011, 07:24 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bob
12th April 2011, 07:28 AM
Welcome mate. Join in the conversations and enjoy

wildgu6
12th April 2011, 07:31 AM
G'day nnn, Great to have you onboard buddy
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Hope you have a great 2011.
stay safe & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

big_fletch
12th April 2011, 07:59 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, great to have another member aboard..
Feel free to post up some pics of your patrol and join in the convos

Fletcha

Bigrig
12th April 2011, 08:24 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

AB
12th April 2011, 09:03 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

DX grunt
12th April 2011, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Any pics of your truck? Where abouts are you from?

Glad to hear you're enjoying our company. lol

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

machoiran67
12th April 2011, 04:14 PM

Rhhhhhaaaaaaa!!! :p beautiful!!

AB
12th April 2011, 05:11 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

timbar
12th April 2011, 05:15 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Dark 1
12th April 2011, 06:30 PM
Welcome mate, have a poke around & join in when your ready.

NissanGQ4.2
12th April 2011, 07:07 PM
Welcome 2 the forum.

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out where they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

Finly Owner
13th April 2011, 01:07 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim

nnn
13th April 2011, 02:25 AM
@ ALL, many thnx for the welcome, am sure will have good time here on this forum, along with plenty of questions!

nnn
13th April 2011, 02:28 AM
@ ALL, many thnx for the welcome, am sure will have good time here on this forum, along with plenty of questions!

timbar
13th April 2011, 02:35 AM
NNN So what is you name and where are you from i am guessing you are not in Australia ??

nnn
13th April 2011, 02:45 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

NNN So what is you name and where are you from i am guessing you are not in Australia ??

Thnx Tim, am in/from Pakistan.

Nadeem

nnn
13th April 2011, 05:46 AM
wELCOME MATE JOIN IN AND ENJOY. OUR TB45 IS A ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION NOT CARBY

Thanks Bob, unfortunately Patrol Pickup was never a regular import and moreover all Nissan Patrols imported were diesel engined. Some people have imported Y61s with TB48e, (4800VTC), but they are rare and considerably much more expensive (would be a lovely engine to have). I had therefore no choice as such within my budget, as I wanted to get a Petrol engine, so carby it had to be!

By the way, could you tell me how much Oil capacity does your TB45E engine have, with and without oil filter? Thanks.

YNOT
13th April 2011, 07:05 AM
Threads merged and cleaned up.

Tony

Pete's GU3
13th April 2011, 05:10 PM
Well, I assume its mainly just not properly cleaned containors used by suppliers and also in the storage area of fuel station etc. I was mainly referring to fuel availability in area far away from main cities or any populated area. So its quite possibly just very old stored fuel!

I would add, it never resulted in any problem or breakdown. Its just something you would feel either during acceleration or occasionally with idling, was annoying though as never had problems before with non-carb vehicle.

nice shot.......

Maxhead
13th April 2011, 07:07 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

nnn
13th April 2011, 07:21 PM
Threads merged and cleaned up.

Tony

Thnx Tony. :)

nice shot.......

G'Day and welcome to the forum mate