PDA

View Full Version : Matts intro

goldfields
14th February 2016, 06:29 PM
G'day Ladies Gents

Contacting from just outside Charters Towers North Queensland.
Had several Patrols, a few cruisers, F- series and couple of older CJ era Jeeps - still in the damn shed. (Just Expect Every Problem)
I currently have a G61 Td42ti DX wagon that's getting a few k's on the clock but is without question the best I have had.
Fair dirt and highway use between the Towers Job and our farm in Tully 340km away towing the max 3500kg.
Just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for some of the good mechanical advice I have benifited from in the past.

As for my old paint - she has no mods really but back in 2005 when I bought it it had all the power of a TATA and my previous 99 GU st and 96 GQ rx ate it - 10 years later, well I still have the tyres on splits and a rhino rack, winch, twin tyre bumper, pintle receiver, 3" system, dual batteries and Rancho shocks on a HD lift with firestone rear air bags.
Its just a bread and butter wagon that gets about 7.5 km / litre and not too much more with the trailer or slow going trips out bush.
Looking for more power but have not got my head around the best way to go yet - probably turbo/pump/inter-cooler replacement - ill chase up your thoughts sometime. No doubt someone knows where the horses are hiding because that ascent up the Cardwell range is really licking me.
My 14 year old has insisted on loosing the rims so due to this pressure a sixpack neg offset soft 8's have been waiting in Townsville for a month now to be picked up.

Teenagers

Hope this finds all of you well.
kind regards from the north east.

Matt

Kimbo63
14th February 2016, 06:33 PM
Hey Matt welcome to the forum mate

Dhuck
15th February 2016, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
15th February 2016, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

pjhsv
16th February 2016, 01:14 PM
Welcome aboard!

threedogs
16th February 2016, 01:27 PM
Hello Matt and welcome to the Forum, converted your fuel figures are about 13.5 ltrs per 100 kays.
Got to be happy with that, in the meantime jump in anytime you like and most of all enjoy

4bye4
16th February 2016, 01:33 PM
G'day Matt and welcome to the forum.

MEGOMONSTER
17th February 2016, 04:08 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.