PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 intake butterfly removal

Daveyboyjunior
13th February 2016, 07:50 PM
As title. Why is this deemed a necessary mod?
EGR has been removed, and throttle body cleaned....

mudski
13th February 2016, 10:45 PM
Its not necessary bud. Dont bother. you wont gain anything from doing it. The large butterfly assists in engine shut down, and the other i like a choke where it closes to richen the fuel mixture. Or something to that effect.
But if your keen to see the difference, just leave the vacuum tube of it so it wont work and just stay open.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Daveyboyjunior
13th February 2016, 11:28 PM
Thanks Mudski.
I've heard of it, just wasn't sure of the reason or affects it might have.

GeeYou8
15th February 2016, 08:12 AM
It will shudder & shake like hell on shutdown.
Graham

Daveyboyjunior
15th February 2016, 08:43 AM
Aah, we'll do without that then!

Craigo4655
16th July 2016, 07:32 PM
Aah, we'll do without that then!
Yeah its one bit of Nissan Engineering that does make a positive difference to the ZD hahahahaha

caveman21
16th July 2016, 09:44 PM
As title. Why is this deemed a necessary mod?
EGR has been removed, and throttle body cleaned....

Wow thats some serious crud in that throttle body ,maybe have to check mine before i install the new intercooler i have a oil stain on my ic where it has been leaking so more than likely throttle body full of crud too ? just blocked the egr 2 days ago

threedogs
17th July 2016, 05:21 PM
Wow thats some serious crud in that throttle body ,maybe have to check mine before i install the new intercooler i have a oil stain on my ic where it has been leaking so more than likely throttle body full of crud too ? just blocked the egr 2 days ago

You could remove your IC and clean the inside, Wouldnt bother testing it for leaks if its oily.
Diesel Smart do a great tigged IC pressure tested to 60 psi I think, good service too.
check that rear hose [blue] on yours they have a tendency to blow off or split

caveman21
17th July 2016, 05:58 PM
You could remove your IC and clean the inside, Wouldnt bother testing it for leaks if its oily.
Diesel Smart do a great tigged IC pressure tested to 60 psi I think, good service too.
check that rear hose [blue] on yours they have a tendency to blow off or split

3D I have a new intrcooler arriving monday -tuesday i will prob get new hoses for all the pipework on the IC as they all look a bit dodgey
was thinking about going 2.25 inch (57mm) from turbo to intercooler had a look on ebay but found it hard to find all the parts needed
this is what i think is required

2.25inch (57mm) 90deg mandrell bent pipe
2.25inch(57mm) 60deg mandrell bent pipe
2.25inch (57mm) straight sillicone joiner x2
1.75inch to 2.25inch reducer silicone joiner

Daveyboyjunior
18th July 2016, 07:59 AM
Here's my new new Tigged IC all the way from your side to mine in 5 days! Awesome!

Craigo4655
2nd September 2016, 10:45 PM
Im trying to convince myself a CC or an ARE Cooler/Scoop Combo is worth the move forward...... how much was your replacement Daveyboyjunior?

Daveyboyjunior
3rd September 2016, 05:14 AM
Hi Craigo!
I got mine from a company that uses EBay called PEC Australia.
£200 Sterling inc. Shipping
Very happy with the quality, and the shipping to the UK took just less than a week!
Sooner for you I guess ha ha.

threedogs
3rd September 2016, 08:41 AM
If you were asking me Id say that a CC IC would be a total waste of $$$$$ for a 3ltr
I have a tigged IC which they claim is 33% bigger than OE, plus a bigger ARE scoop
my EGTs will rarely go above 400C. With the $$ they want for a CC ic could be
money spent elsewhere. The stats for the ARE scoop are they say the OE scoop
works when the speed is up tp 80kph and the ARE scoop works down to 60kph.
That was the sales pitch when I brought mine, plus the ARE scoop has vanes to direct
air to the front of the IC not just the rear like the std ic

Daveyboyjunior
3rd September 2016, 05:31 PM
Hi TD, I haven't been here for a while, how yer doin?
This scoop idea is interesting. Would a replacement bigger volume scoop use the existing cutout without the need for surgery?
Could you post a pic?
Best
Davey