PDA

View Full Version : Light Bars

altech
4th February 2016, 08:53 AM
Hi Guys, just purchased a light bar from ebay , Very well made with Cree globes . so it last for awhile. My ? is when is the good time to put it ON . eg night / day or driving on main roads or just bush . Are they legal ? . whats the Min install Hight ? regards Alex

Winnie
4th February 2016, 09:25 AM
The way you have it installed is legal.
It must be wired to a switch, which is also triggered by high beams. So the light can only come on when that switch is ON, and you have your high beams on.

I use mine night driving, turn off on main roads or near houses.

altech
4th February 2016, 10:50 AM
The way you have it installed is legal.
It must be wired to a switch, which is also triggered by high beams. So the light can only come on when that switch is ON, and you have your high beams on.

I use mine night driving, turn off on main roads or near houses.

thanks Winnie cheers Alex

altech
4th February 2016, 12:46 PM
Hi just a ebay link as it was a bargain regards Alex

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261508330677?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

the evil twin
4th February 2016, 03:06 PM
Hard to see from the angle of the piccy but if part of the Light Bar protrudes in front of, or is higher than the Front Bar, or if any gap is large enough to catch an extremity of a pedestrian you just mashed then it is technically illegal.

Would be unlikely to get Constable Plods' attention unless you were being a tosser tho...

altech
4th February 2016, 03:18 PM
Hard to see from the angle of the piccy but if part of the Light Bar protrudes in front of, or is higher than the Front Bar, or if any gap is large enough to catch an extremity of a pedestrian you just mashed then it is technically illegal.

Would be unlikely to get Constable Plods' attention unless you were being a tosser tho...

So It's only a Nissan Nudge Bar does that count when hitting Pedestrians = lol

the evil twin
4th February 2016, 03:26 PM
So It's only a Nissan Nudge Bar does that count when hitting Pedestrians = lol

Does it hurt if you jump off it and land on their spleen? :-)

I reckon Front Bars should come with an inertia loaded piece of round stock that swings out under heavy braking and cracks Pedestrians across the shins when they step out in front of a vehicle they didn't see 'cause they are too busy texting

altech
10th February 2016, 06:55 AM
Hi Guys , after days going to work I was hearing this Whistle noise coming from front of truck , hmmm must be the light bar , so I drop it about 2 inchs . Sound has gone away and looks better regards Alex

threedogs
10th February 2016, 10:58 AM
It looks more legal there, are you happy with the output [light]

Nudge, mame same thing in Mr Scruby's eyes, Grrrrrr

altech
10th February 2016, 11:14 AM
It looks more legal there, are you happy with the output [light]

Nudge, maim same thing in Mr Scruby's eyes, Grrrrrr

Light is "Out There " don't need to use Spot lights now lol regards Alex

mojo53
15th February 2016, 04:51 PM
I positioned my Great White bar in approx the same position as your original pic and and welded a small piece of U channel over the mounting bolts to prevent interested parties from even thinking about borrowing it so if Mr plod wants it re positioned for whatever reason it will be a hassle, but if it causes me a problem to move it, shit happens at least i still have it to move. 64871