PDA

View Full Version : Hello all - I have recently lost my Nissan cherry.

MikeM
11th April 2011, 12:01 AM
Well not quite, I did own a 120Y what feels likes a hundred years ago - it was a great $500 investment that got me around for over a year :)

I have recently purchased an ex-govt 08, GU wagon about as standard as they come (its got a bar and mats) as I needed something to lug 4 kids around and get away with. We get about but the lure of those places that we just couldnt get the old car to led me to the new (to me) Patrol - and as the tribe is getting older, we needed room.

I wish I could say I know what I am doing but I am learning - my mates are all riding me for not buying Toyota but in its maiden voyage I got to all the same places, even dragging the old family trailer behind. I look forward to getting out, getting wiser and getting up my mates for making the right decision.

Cheers
Mike

Clunk
11th April 2011, 12:05 AM
g'day Mike, good to see another sandgroper on board. There's plenty of info on here mate, so have a good look around and if you can't find what you're looking for, just ask and someone will know the answer or point you in the right direction................. oh and by the way, you made the right choice lol

timbar
11th April 2011, 12:07 AM
G'day Mike - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer
show us some pics and good to see another PERTH member onboard u need any help you have come to the right place plenty of help here ...
ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

MikeM
11th April 2011, 12:17 AM
Thanx guys - there should be plenty of us from Perth, now I am driving the GU, it seems like every second car on the road is one! Still, I must be the only one with "Canyonero" on the side.

I will certainly upload a photo but as the only one I have is it parked on a Subiaco side street (I was there with work), I want to get a photo like Tims and at least look the part :).

nowoolies
11th April 2011, 12:22 AM
g`day Mike
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul

timbar
11th April 2011, 12:23 AM
we are working on a trip like that all depending on the rain im still out back doing a rain dance it seems to be working i hope if not ive just had too much beer and making a fool of myself .........ROFL

Finly Owner
11th April 2011, 12:38 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Mike

Tim

timbar
11th April 2011, 12:45 AM
so mike what part of perth u from ?

TheFlyingBadger
11th April 2011, 05:57 AM
Nissan Cherry?

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/04/18.jpg

growler2058
11th April 2011, 06:53 AM
Gday Mike theyre a good mob here full of useful info and advice. For your mates with toymotas you'll have the last laugh as you recover their busted toys, you've got yourself a good product there mate

Maxhead
11th April 2011, 06:56 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum Mike

wildgu6
11th April 2011, 07:41 AM
G'day Mike, Welcome aboard mate,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Dont worry buddy, pretty soon your mates will be gettin a Trol too.
They will get sick of you pulling them out........LOL

Hope you have a great 2011.
stay safe & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

Dhuck
11th April 2011, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the forum Mick

Bigrig
11th April 2011, 08:47 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

AB
11th April 2011, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

MikeM
12th April 2011, 11:38 PM
Tim,

Im in Rivervale

Cheers
Mike

MikeM
12th April 2011, 11:41 PM
Thanx everyone - already feel at home and with a trip up to Shark Bay at Easter, I am looking forward to getting the car dirty.

timbar
12th April 2011, 11:46 PM
ok im in quinns rocks

Dark 1
13th April 2011, 07:18 PM
Welcome mate, have a poke around & join in when your ready.

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:02 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul