PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Patrol 2009 price ideas

apalsson
26th January 2016, 01:20 PM
Oh wise ones ! ;)

I will be moving overseas later this year and have started thinking about selling the Patrol but must admit I don't know how to price the rig
After checking Carsales.com.au, I am even more confused - I found the same model with similar mileage from $26k up to $35k

Now, mine has 82k on the clock, is in an excellent condition and comes with all the bits in my signature plus I will be throwing in the usual contents of the recovery drawers (ARB Airpump, recovery kits etc etc)
Can anyone please help me set a reasonable but realistic asking price on the troll?

The tyres have very little wear on them and I will make sure there will be at least 6-month rego on the car when she sells

Many thanks in advance

threedogs
26th January 2016, 01:35 PM
Price would be reflected in the mileage, sadly accessories mean zip.... but a great bonus to the future buyer along with service history.
I have no doubt any recovery gear you have will sell via the forum in no time.
Also wanting to get the most for your investment ask the top price and be flexible [neg] on the price.
sounds to me like its good to go, as in do a lap straight off.
So ask $35k neg not sure what value your recovery gear will have 2nd hand even if not used

4bye4
26th January 2016, 01:41 PM
I would agree with TD. Ask around $35 mark and see how it goes. Remember the closer it gets to your date of going overseas the less you will accept. Always be prepared to walk away from unrealistic offers. If you engage in negotiations on silly offers, you will not sell the vehicle. These people just want a bargain that they can on sell IMHO.

firm351
26th January 2016, 02:17 PM
I recently sold my 2009 gu with 62k on the clock for $29k. I started out asking $35k then dropped to 33 then to 31 and ended up taking 29. I had it on gumtree for about 10 weeks and didnt get on single response until I dropped it to $31k.
Good luck with it I hope you get what you want for it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

the evil twin
26th January 2016, 02:35 PM
Haven't lived there for 10 years but NSW prices are pretty competitive so the dearer states may skew the price expectations a bit so filter Gumtree/Car sales/et al for NSW and ignore the top and bottom 20% of prices.

Having said that.. I reckon if you get an offer over 30 grab the money and run... fast.
High 20's is prob fair and mid 20's a bit of a bargain

I would probably first advertise at around 32 ish and keep anything that isn't bolted on as a 'sweetener' for when genuine people inspect the car.

Whatever you go in at E.G. 29,900 or 32,500 or 35,000 then, like Firm351 says, you will soon work out if you are priced too high... you won't get any genuine callers
If you are in the ball park and get a few genuine sniffs then adjust your expectations accordingly and hold a higher "O.N.O." position.

apalsson
26th January 2016, 02:41 PM
Thanks guys,
It looks like I have been on the right track in thinking I'd be asking $33k - $34k? and expect to accept high 20's
The car is in a good condition and I can easily prove solid service history by Nissan himself - including the recent 80k service
Next, I will have the car thoroughly cleaned and then take a bunch of photos to post here in this forum as well as carsales.com.au

Hodge
26th January 2016, 06:07 PM
For what it's worth, I've sold my 2009 CRD with 60k on clock about 6 months ago in Vic.
Mine was a patrol with the lot though... Bullbar, front locker, front winch, roof rac, 33's, 2 inch lift, dual battery system, UHF, full nads, chip tuned, exhaust etc.. etc etc etc..
Mine went easy for $35, I started at $36 though .... I reckon considering how much interest I had, could have pushed for more.
SO there is something for you to gauge up against...

However...
I'll give you a hint I quickly learnt , for when the time comes to selling yours... Don't fall for the buyers who come and keep blabbing on how nobody wants these grenades and good luck getting anywhere near that sort of $$$, trying to give you ridiculous offers for the grenade factor.... I copped a few of those and told me to go shove it. If it's a grenade then why are you here looking at it....

apalsson
26th January 2016, 06:40 PM
Mate, this is my third 3.0L Patrol. The first one was a 2001 - according to some a true grenade
I did 115k in that car with some 55k outback and hard work. Never missed a beat
I then learnt quite quickly about looking after your vehicle and thus avoiding issues.
If someone wants to give me the "this is a grenade piece of sh*t" speech, I have plenty ammo for him
Thanks for the encouragement on the price. I will keep that up my sleeve!