PDA

View Full Version : Woods Point Abandoned this Aussie Day

MudRunnerTD
24th January 2016, 11:34 AM
Well last minute plan AB and I have done a run up to Woods Point. We rolled in around 7::30 pm last night expecting very crowded camp sites and hoping to find a good one at the end of the river.

Well!! There Ain't No one here!!!!!! We have the large camp Ground at Comet Flat to Ourselves!!!

Driving today and have passed 1, 2 car convoy!

We did Brewry tk this morning and AB drove the bottom well and got to use his winch in the top section.

Went down Champion Spur which was Kool and heading to the bottom of Barkley River Jeep Track now. Plan to have lunch on top of Mr Skene.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/267.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause AB turned it back on!!

the evil twin
24th January 2016, 11:41 AM
Hehehe...so... in the back of your mind that nagging little voice asking "What does everyone else know that we don't?" must be getting louder and louder

Irish
24th January 2016, 11:55 AM
Didn't you guys hear about the escaped lunatic???

threedogs
24th January 2016, 12:28 PM
running around the campfire drinking in your undies,, singing Kum by yah,
does it get any better,,I think not,,, living the dream my freinds,, living the dream lol

the evil twin
24th January 2016, 12:35 PM
running around the campfire drinking in your undies,, singing Kum by yah,
does it get any better,,I think not,,, living the dream my freinds,, living the dream lol

Undies?... Undies!... why wear Undies?
You have to take 'em off for the Faggot Races so why bother
Plus they send the wrong signal to the other Mountain Men

Winnie
24th January 2016, 12:37 PM
Continue on Barkly River Jeep track and do Mt Sunday!

threedogs
24th January 2016, 12:45 PM
So the big question is why is there no one at Woods Point on a long weekend,, Spooky.
First time I went there in 92-3 Greg Norman ran the pub we stay upstairs,
Greg Norman the publican not the golfer.

Undies were kept on to ward off the chills
of the night and not frighten any youngings

the evil twin
24th January 2016, 01:05 PM
snip...
Undies were kept on to ward off the chills
of the night and not frighten any youngings

Only reason I ever wore undies was to have a place to keep a pair of bed socks warm (that used to REALLY frighten the younglings I can tell ya)

mudnut
24th January 2016, 01:26 PM
Didn't you guys hear about the escaped lunatic???

They are the escaped lunatics.

Maxhead
24th January 2016, 01:29 PM
Sounds like everyone heard you blokes were coming so they decided to go somewhere else. Not surprised at all[emoji3]

….................... On the move

MudRunnerTD
24th January 2016, 01:35 PM
Just did BRJT . AB drove well. Got some good vid

Bloodyaussie
24th January 2016, 02:05 PM
Ha ha ha... so you ended finding someone to play with ab.. sorry i could not accommodate mate but family first.

lucus30
24th January 2016, 03:25 PM
Nice. Woods point is nice, just wish comets flat was grassy otherwise it would be perfect. Never done brewery all my mates say it's too hard and dangerous but will one day.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Sir Roofy
24th January 2016, 07:32 PM
There all at knockwood onwards and where all there 2weeks ago

Winnie
24th January 2016, 09:35 PM
Watch out guys, just seen on Facebook that the coppers are around, people getting busted in woods point.

threedogs
25th January 2016, 11:02 AM
Watch out guys, just seen on Facebook that the coppers are around, people getting busted in woods point.

I'd imagine they will be out in force every where ,especially
seeing every one will be returning this week

AB
26th January 2016, 02:34 PM
That was an awesome trip.

The owner of the pub was devo that no one was around but apparently there were a thousand people down at Kevington which doesn't make sense. Spoke to some dirt bike riders who were staying at Jamieson and that was pretty quiet too.
Weather was sensational each day and we took just my gq out for a solid 1 car mission.

We covered a lot of ground with only 1 car. Brewery track, Barkley river jeep, champion spur. Etc. Had an oh shit moment coming up the Champion Spur track cut through after the second river crossing.

Darren's has a lot of footage so looking forward to checking that out! Unfortunately smashed both my inner axle seals leaking oil and a small boost leak.

AB
26th January 2016, 02:56 PM
Got to try the highmount out properly too!!!

Brewery track and Barkley river track have both changed a bit.

The second big climb halfway up Brewery has been chewed out a lot with some big ledges now.

Same as Jeep track just before the first switch back.

Winnie, we only saw two convoys the entire day we went out and the town was dead. Not sure if would of been even worth the polices effort in hanging around that area.

They might've popped in for an hour or so though but definitely no road blocks or heavy policing the area.

Winnie
26th January 2016, 03:01 PM
Got to try the highmount out properly too!!!

Brewery track and Barkley river track have both changed a bit.

The second big climb halfway up Brewery has been chewed out a lot with some big ledges now.

Same as Jeep track just before the first switch back.

Winnie, we only saw two convoys the entire day we went out and the town was dead. Not sure if would of been even worth the polices effort in hanging around that area.

They might've popped in for an hour or so though but definitely no road blocks or heavy policing the area.
Yeah cool, awesome! Been 12 months since I've done those tracks. Brewery was a bit rooted though, I was winching up the 2nd climb because of one step that was too big for 33s. Barkly was still drivable though. We have to go back there and do all of those but add Mt Sunday =) then turn around and do it all again! Haha

Bloodyaussie
26th January 2016, 03:08 PM
The police are killing a community's livelihood with the over policing they have been doing... now i am all for getting rid of the rough elements but now i hear they are targeting people with 33's and so on..

It has become a known fact not to go away on long weekends anymore due to the heavy policing.... yet i cannot get them to protect my property or turn up to a call at my house..

Bacho86
26th January 2016, 03:30 PM
The police are killing a community's livelihood with the over policing they have been doing... now i am all for getting rid of the rough elements but now i hear they are targeting people with 33's and so on..

It has become a known fact not to go away on long weekends anymore due to the heavy policing.... yet i cannot get them to protect my property or turn up to a call at my house..

I had a couple cops in a 200 series come over and say hello whilst parked up at Craig's hut car park, checked out details and had a quick look around the patrol in particular tyre size.

Asked if they were 34" tyres, to which I quickly replied "nah they're only a 33", and they moved on.

Friendly enough guys, but they've certainly been given a mandate. Saw a couple cops in Mansfield as well on the way back to Melb yesterday doing breath tests, but they didn't give us any grief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rossco
26th January 2016, 04:08 PM
Yeah nice sounds like fun. Which bit of champion spur was a doozey, Was that the bit we watched benny go up that time? Last time did brewry (bout a year ago) was pretty ledgy on the second section probably worse now. Assuming the front seals are leaking yeah?

AB
26th January 2016, 04:16 PM
Yeah nice sounds like fun. Which bit of champion spur was a doozey, Was that the bit we watched benny go up that time? Last time did brewry (bout a year ago) was pretty ledgy on the second section probably worse now. Assuming the front seals are leaking yeah? yeah that spot.

My car was pointing up at the sky and held for 5 seconds and landed back on the hill. A pants mover moment!!!

Yeah leaking oil everywhere now. I did that on Barkley actually. Bugger!

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2016, 04:22 PM
Yeah nice sounds like fun. Which bit of champion spur was a doozey, Was that the bit we watched benny go up that time? Last time did brewry (bout a year ago) was pretty ledgy on the second section probably worse now. Assuming the front seals are leaking yeah?

Yeah the section Bene went up and down in was crazy in ABs GQ! Long Arms and Superflex Arms Tull that World mate! Front left lifted at least 5feet with me in the passenger seat! Was crazy. We were crawling slowly but just couldn't get the same flex do was very very unstable.

It was very late when we were going back and had been turned around on King Edward due to a massive tree so we're doing a massive back track. It has been a long day.

We considered running the winch cable out for safety and AB having a go but as I said it was late do we kept going. We had already done some fairly nasty climbing to get there. AB drove well.

The ledge steps at the tip of Brewry are bigger than 35s. ABs front diff hit hard and he just could climb out of the holes. Winch rope out and was done and dusted. AB just walked up the bottom half of Brewry which was awesome.

Ben-e-boy
26th January 2016, 04:26 PM
:useless:..

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2016, 04:28 PM
I shot a bit of in-cab video on my iPhone which I will post here. Note I am holding the iPhone while trying to hold on as well. The vids don't do any of the climbs justice but you can hear how strained my voice is cause I'm holding on and clamped up. These were if climbs.

These are big files so I will load each one in its own post In case it crashes...

Bottom half of Brewry. Done with ease!

https://vimeo.com/153067417

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2016, 04:30 PM
Top half of Brewry until we need to winch

https://vimeo.com/153067504

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2016, 04:33 PM
Running out the HiMount for its Maiden pull in Anger

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/311.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/312.jpg

The Vid. AB was having trouble with getting Boost and kept stalling. Give it some sh1t and it got up and went though ;)

https://vimeo.com/153067659

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2016, 04:37 PM
Did all the short cut tracks on the way to Barley a River Jeep Track and ended up on Champion spur heading Down!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/313.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/314.jpg

Got to the bottom of BRJT..... Seems legit!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/315.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/316.jpg

NissanGQ4.2
26th January 2016, 04:40 PM
Well last minute plan AB and I have done a run up to Woods Point.

Poor form Daz and Andy, get invited for a forum meetup, Sydney was even selected as the meetup by a VIC member, everyone is keen until its time and then pull out cause their 2 busy or some crap, then you find time 2 go wheelin anyway.

SLACKERS!!!!!! *LMAO*

P.S: I had a ball at the Australian Day nissanpatrol.com.au Sydney meetup, even if their was only 2 other members and I wasn't driving a Patrol and my crappadore had 2 be snatched ( yet again ) into the campground :)

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2016, 04:42 PM
So started BRJT and shot Vid. My arm was getting tired so I tried to swap hands and pressed a volume button and stopped the bloody video!!

I only lost 5 seconds but now have BRJT in 2 stages.

Enjoy. We did!

https://vimeo.com/153068119

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2016, 04:45 PM
Stage 2 Barkley River Jeep Track to the top of Mt Skenes

https://vimeo.com/153068244

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2016, 04:46 PM
So the plan was to have lunch on top of Mt Skenes. We had 8 pies in the Oven!

Anyone want some lunch!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/317.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/318.jpg

NissanGQ4.2
26th January 2016, 04:56 PM

Anyone want some lunch!!

Karma for not being in the beautiful Blue Mountains, s!ck sh!t hope you starved *L*

Bloodyaussie
26th January 2016, 05:02 PM
I had a couple cops in a 200 series come over and say hello whilst parked up at Craig's hut car park, checked out details and had a quick look around the patrol in particular tyre size.

Asked if they were 34" tyres, to which I quickly replied "nah they're only a 33", and they moved on.

Friendly enough guys, but they've certainly been given a mandate. Saw a couple cops in Mansfield as well on the way back to Melb yesterday doing breath tests, but they didn't give us any grief.

There has been a spate of defects handed out recently and 33's were sited as illegal.. this has been posted on facebook of late with this being the first time i have heard that 33's were not legal.. i have never looked into the regs so am not sure of if this is true or are the cops getting it wrong.
I am getting engineering done soon so want to make sure i get all mods covered.

Winnie
26th January 2016, 05:13 PM
That pic of the pies is a pissa! Funny as! Hahahaha...
Hey Daz I just got off the phone to Andy and he told me how your navigation skills almost ended up with him on the roof! Bit nervous about next weekend now mate?

Hodge
26th January 2016, 05:14 PM
I recently confronted vic roads about this.... And here is a portion on lifts and tyres of the PDF they sent me.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64292&stc=1http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64293&stc=1http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64294&stc=1http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64295&stc=1

BigRAWesty
26th January 2016, 05:15 PM
Omg I wanna go there..
How awesome.
Next time I'm there darren I wanna do these. .
Ay AB. .
Why is your compressor loosing pressure??
Never heard a compressor cycle that often for lockers..
Is it possible you have an in diff leak and that's why you have diff leaks??

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2016, 06:03 PM
That pic of the pies is a pissa! Funny as! Hahahaha...
Hey Daz I just got off the phone to Andy and he told me how your navigation skills almost ended up with him on the roof! Bit nervous about next weekend now mate?

Apparently the Navi has to run the Lockers??? He's a girl.

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2016, 06:04 PM
Couldn't get AB to pose in the photo with the Pies?? He thought I might haunt him with it?? I'm just not like that!

AB
26th January 2016, 06:43 PM
Apparently the Navi has to run the Lockers??? He's a girl. Lies Mate, I never said that.

But now that we're on the subject we did come close to rolling off the cliff on Champion Spur tk cut through where Krisso got airborn in the Mav that time.

Navi let me down...lol

That was a bit how you going moment actually!

Lockers wernt on and I was driving as if they were and we slid off the side, front drivers wheel off the edge!

Winnie
26th January 2016, 06:46 PM
At least now you know where the car's limits are ;)

BigRAWesty
26th January 2016, 06:50 PM
Lies Mate, I never said that.

But now that we're on the subject we did come close to rolling off the cliff on Champion Spur tk cut through where Krisso got airborn in the Mav that time.

Navi let me down...lol

That was a bit how you going moment actually!

Lockers wernt on and I was driving as if they were and we slid off the side, front drivers wheel off the edge!
Is it possible you have a leak in the front lokka and that's why you have sudden leaks from seals??

AB
26th January 2016, 07:06 PM
Is it possible you have a leak in the front lokka and that's why you have sudden leaks from seals?? Anythings possible mate but they have been fine up until the moment i landed hard on the front but will look into it further of course.

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2016, 07:22 PM
The ARB Solenoids are renowned for slight leaks. I wasn't surprised at all when they compressor cycled. My GQ is the same.

Winnie
26th January 2016, 07:27 PM
The ARB Solenoids are renowned for slight leaks. I wasn't surprised at all when they compressor cycled. My GQ is the same.
I can't get the vids to play on my phone... How often does the pump cycle?
When I have my locker in I have not heard the compressor cycle, prob had it in for 5 mins at the longest so far.

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2016, 07:31 PM
I can't get the vids to play on my phone... When I have my locker in I have not heard the compressor cycle, prob had it in for 5 mins at the longest so far.

Yeah it's pretty common mate, I fitted a heap of the ARB Solenoids to the GQ and ended up disconnecting the tank as it cycled anyway. Was a little disappointed but asked around and everyone pointed at the Solenoids.

Rossco
26th January 2016, 08:04 PM
Yeah mine turns on every now and then to let you know its there ☺

Looks like you boys had fun. Could have done with a standard mav tho . . .

MB
26th January 2016, 11:39 PM
Ripper Pics & Vids AB & MR !
Happy Australia Day, looks like you both celebrated in style!!
Having watched the Vids, full credit to MR for cool/calm&collected Navi advise, top job together gents as a team !
It's true MR, Vids never really show the pitch and the size of those rutts/rocks/tracks.
AB; Wouldn't stress to hard about the compressor kicking in, I'm very keen though to hear the prognosis from PA on slamming the front axle down from 5' and now weeping:-( !

threedogs
27th January 2016, 10:55 AM
At least now you know where the car's limits are ;)

Never a good look when you get out of the 4by with the seat covers crimped into your butt cheeks lol
You can buy 4x4 pucker buttons for just this sort of thing.

Did you get harrassed on the way home..

NigeP62
27th January 2016, 11:19 AM
Absolutely brilliant pics and video.
Got me all excited to get out and hit some trails.

threedogs
27th January 2016, 11:20 AM
Isnt that why the Comp boys fitted small hotdog tanks up under
the sills so the ARB locker would not lose air at crittical moments.
And probably why most of the Comp guys I know removed
the ARB locker and fitted Pro-Lockers, just saying lol

threedogs
27th January 2016, 11:28 AM
Is there anyway you can make a cage or similar to keep your pies safe. ??
Boy thats one long climb lol

taslucas
27th January 2016, 11:53 AM

Anyone want some lunch!!

I guess that's better than all over the front passenger seat haha

>>>tappin from tassie

taslucas
27th January 2016, 11:55 AM
Another great looking day out... I'll definitely have to swing over again sometime.

>>>tappin from tassie

Winnie
27th January 2016, 11:56 AM
Is there anyway you can make a cage or similar to keep your pies safe. ??
Boy thats one long climb lol

A little latch on it would be a good idea!

AB
27th January 2016, 12:08 PM
How many pies you boys eat??? I count 7 there! :clapping: We smashed 5...lol

threedogs
27th January 2016, 12:18 PM
A little latch on it would be a good idea!

Would a magnetic latch work on the Travel Buddy.
Seems easy enough to fit a hook style catch for it. IMO

I have the same as you from the big 12v oven buy of 2014 ha ha ha

taslucas
27th January 2016, 02:06 PM
We smashed 5...lol
Looks like you smashed them all

>>>tappin from tassie

threedogs
27th January 2016, 05:58 PM
Years ago I went out with a chick who had a head like a smashed pie.lol
brought back soooooo many memories lol

AB
27th January 2016, 08:00 PM
She's now laying in the back of AB's car!! :toot: :offtopic: Ironically if you watch the second part of the Barkley River track Zac called it that the pies would be ruined...lol

MudRunnerTD
27th January 2016, 08:17 PM
I can't hear the audio loud enough, and volume at max.

That is odd? It's not loud but is pretty clear

AB
27th January 2016, 08:18 PM
I can't hear the audio loud enough, and volume at max. Bloody hell plassy you are getting old my old mate....lol

AB
15th January 2021, 03:34 PM

Anyone want some lunch!!

Darren, I found it bahahaha

NissanGQ4.2
15th January 2021, 06:13 PM

Thread dig and a half... are you just after the Manuals? I see a banning happening *L*

rusty_nail
15th January 2021, 06:22 PM
You guys getting away for Australia Day?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

MB
15th January 2021, 07:40 PM
Hopefully they’re not, a bad day/weekend idea for 35’s let alone 37 Treps [emoji23]

MudRunnerTD
16th January 2021, 09:12 PM

Hahahaha! Those pics got some interest on FB. Clowns. Pies were good though